Just a basic question- the G Wallace situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Just a basic question- the G Wallace situation

So far wallace's stat line is softer than a sneaker full of s_it

34 minutes 5.5 pts, 3.8 rebs.  this is EVEN WORSE than his output last year for the nets.

doesn't he have to have SOME demonstrable functionality for us to be able to get rid of his $10M contract to the perennial/proverbial "contender"?

those who love tanking are going to live to regret it.  you ruin the young players on the team who are worth keeping, of which we seem to have a few.  it's culture rot. 

anyone have a theory on why wallce books 34 mins in the last game and ZERO field goal attempts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: Just a basic question- the G Wallace situation

G wallace has some nerve calling out his teamates with his sorry arsse production. He has been horrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think he is frustrated and its his way of protesting that fact that the Celtics are playing individual, not team ball.   He has to realize that others need to show something because their paychecks are on the line.  

Wallace, on the other hand has 2 more years and $20M due after this year, regardless if he doesn't play another second for the Celtics.  Dude may not even want to play for another team and is intent on retiring after he robs the Celtics.

His contract is going to be very very difficult to unload.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

34 minutes 5.5 pts, 3.8 rebs.  this is EVEN WORSE than his output last year for the nets.

doesn't he have to have SOME demonstrable functionality for us to be able to get rid of his $10M contract to the perennial/proverbial "contender"?

those who love tanking are going to live to regret it.  you ruin the young players on the team who are worth keeping, of which we seem to have a few.  it's culture rot. 

anyone have a theory on why wallce books 34 mins in the last game and ZERO field goal attempts?

You're mistaken on the reality of tanking. Nobody on this team is "tanking". The coaches and the players are trying to win every game.

We are "tanking" because of two things:

1. Rondo's injury 

2. Danny holding back from making short-term moves

3. Inexperience on the roster

Really, the whole "tanking" thing is not a choice. We aren't holding guys back, we aren't giving lack-luster performances. The only purposeful action is Danny not spending that little extra (MLE for example) to sign someone to this team who could help us win.

I agree its culture rot to be horrible for a long time. We are not in danger of that. Next year, we have our Allstar back. We have some of the rotting players gone (Brooks, Hump, Crawford, Bogans). We have salary to sign some impact players and two top draft picks. We are in danger of tanking & culture rot if Danny ships out Green and Rondo this year in anticipation of 3 consecutive years in the lottery to mine for talent. I dont expect that to occur.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Also, on Wallace.

He sucks, get over it. He's not the WORST thing ever. Its 10M a year. That stings if we are a 10M player away from REALLY competing, but we are not. That 10M a year was the price of doing business & getting THREE UNPROTECTED PICKS. 

Besides, I think Wallace can be a very solid bench role player who can come in, play a strong 15mpg.

I think this team desperately needs its PG back!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Stevens is playing everyone out of position.

Green should be the starting SF, Wallace should be his backup.

But Stevens is showcasing players for a trade and tanking.

It is 2006 all over again.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Look.  If the Celtics did everything they possibly could to win, play whomever you want at what ever positions you want, they would do no better than they are doing right now.  

Repeat after me:  This Celtics team naturally stinks.  No tanking is necessary.  We have no legit starting PG, SG, PF or Center and no bench... what is so hard to understand about this????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think he is frustrated and its his way of protesting that fact that the Celtics are playing individual, not team ball.   He has to realize that others need to show something because their paychecks are on the line.  

Wallace, on the other hand has 2 more years and $20M due after this year, regardless if he doesn't play another second for the Celtics.  Dude may not even want to play for another team and is intent on retiring after he robs the Celtics.

His contract is going to be very very difficult to unload.

so i think i hear this loud and clear- and it was what i was afraid what was happening- we basically have another wicks/rowe guy but he just pretends to have a moral high ground instead of outright saying "they don't put effort on the paychecks" or whatever wicks/rowe blarted out.

you lead by example, not by sulking and taking your toys home when you are pretty much the senior member on a young squad. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Look.  If the Celtics did everything they possibly could to win, play whomever you want at what ever positions you want, they would do no better than they are doing right now.  

Repeat after me:  This Celtics team naturally stinks.  No tanking is necessary.  We have no legit starting PG, SG, PF or Center and no bench... what is so hard to understand about this????

i understand all of that, but the job of coach and the job of the players is to try hard.  you don't build a loser culture like pitino did and then just soil yourself and leave town when you dont' get #1. 

RIGHT NOW we know that we stink really bad.  maybe in the top 3 in the league but you never know it's too early to tell.  if we stink less than anyone else our odds go down.  remember how AWESOME we stunk during the ML Carr tank-it year?  it got us nothing.

wallace is taking a huge paycheck.  sure this team is going to have some selfish issues- nobody knows what the hell they are doing with no point guard on the floor.  but i don't perceive it as wallace's job to express his disapproval by not shooting/pouting/slacking.  35 minutes of floor time and 3.8 rebounds.  what IS that?  that's G wallace crappin the bed on us. 

players like sullinger need to watch a hustle veteran like wallace and learn.  and for 10m a year wallace can deliver that much.  that's all.  just play hard.  this idiot would be flipping burgers or dealing drugs if it wasn't for the NBA.  just do your job, whatever it is- have some pride in it.  when you're in stinko-ville like wallace is, don't demand everything be going swimmingly well in order for you to come down from on high to try your hardest

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

You're mistaken on the reality of tanking. Nobody on this team is "tanking". The coaches and the players are trying to win every game.

i specifically cited gerald wallace as playing an unprovoked dead dog on our roster.  that is not trying to win every game.  the guy is an overblown mediocre player in his prime but surely can deliver more than 5.5 and 3.8 boards.  that's an insult for 10 million.  i don't care how bad it is, it's not that bad. 

zero FGA's in our last game in 34 minutes played says volumes about the prima donna that wallace has taken up being.  sure he doesn't want to be here.  i understand that.  but can someone sit his candy asse down and relate that the only way out of town is if he PERSONALLY TRIES.  and then our young players 6-7 and taller vicariously benefit.

if wallace really tried he might scare jeff green into trying harder!!  almost NOTHING BAD can happen from trying hard as you can see.  nothing good comes from being a moody loafer.

#9 will be back soon enough and fill our nights with that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Actually the Celts were doing well while he was in the game.  Jeff Green was mismatched against smaller guards and he was doing well.  Once Wallace went out Green was shut down.

Wallace is who he is.  Brad Stevens appears to have simple marching orders.  Build the best system incorporating the players that we need to trade: Bass, Wallace and Lee.  Make use of the ones that we can easily let go as needed: Crawford.  And pay special attention to all the players that we need to develop/keep: Olynyk, Sullinger, Faverani, Green and Bradley.

Given that, Brad has created the best lineup where he can cause mismatches.  Green and Wallace at 2&3 does cause mismatches unless the Cs get overwhelmed inside.  Wallace is playing his role pretty well.  If he tries to shoot more, his will become more ineffective.  He is helping cause the mismatches and is being opportunistic at the offensive end.

Regarding his comments, that was an anticipated problem.  We might have Humphries joining him soon.  We just have to deal with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Something Oily wrote it better- but then again that's what butters his bread

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Something Oily wrote it better- but then again that's what butters his bread

Thanks for the shout out dude man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perhaps the new, unripened coach isnt up to the task as yet. Nobody really knows if Stevens can handle or coach an nba team... he surely doesnt bring with him a legacy of championships or nba success.. He brings much, much less than Pitino and many other college coaches before him.

Hes a young dude with a big contract being given a shot at the bright lights with the most decorated franchise in nba history... heavy load?? 

Got to give the coach a little more than 4 games to figure it out and handle his business

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Perhaps the new, unripened coach isnt up to the task as yet. Nobody really knows if Stevens can handle or coach an nba team... he surely doesnt bring with him a legacy of championships or nba success.. He brings much, much less than Pitino and many other college coaches before him.

Hes a young dude with a big contract being given a shot at the bright lights with the most decorated franchise in nba history... heavy load?? 

Got to give the coach a little more than 4 games to figure it out and handle his business

i'd say light load.  nobody expects anything.  he can largely take his college schtick and apply it here but just be smarter than pitino and don't yip yap in everyone's ears 48 mins a game and screeching every practice. 

as far as wallace, he could self coach himself as far as hustling goes.  you don't need a coach to tell you to go ahead and take some shots when you are a 10 year vet

Sections
Shortcuts