Just a ideia if we are going to rebuild

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Just a ideia if we are going to rebuild

The trade i´m gonna post here is just an invention of my mind, so there´s no link or anything like that, but i think it´s a fair trade for all the parts involve.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=84u48vd

First Houston will get Paul Gasol who the want so badly.
    Second the Lakers will get a PG they need and a body (even if it´s broken) in JO.

At last we get a good player/scorer in Kevin Martin (he is great at getting to the line), a PG who i think can play in this league and a gamble at the C in Tabeet.

* I also think we could get a 1st round pick (even if we have to give a 2nd round pick) from houston in this trade, since they´re giving less for Gasol then they were willing to at the beginning of the season (CP3 trade)

Ok, i agree it´s nothing amazing, but it´s a solid start to rebuild, since we could trade Paul Pierce (and the other two of the Big 3) for a good player and/or a 1st round pick.

So, what do you think?
    The worst trade ever? lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Just a ideia if we are going to rebuild

It is a lousy trade for Boston.
    Martin is a 1 dimensional player, Thabeet is a complete bust. (played 20 minutes this year). Dragic is a back up pg.

The Lakers can't make that trade for Rondo and not get back a healthy PF or C.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

In Response to Re: Just a ideia if we are going to rebuild:
    [QUOTE]Why help LA ... Just trade Ray/Dooling for Martin & Dragic ... that works for me!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Do you think Houston would do that trade?
    I´m pretty sure wouldnt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

If I were Houston, I'd make that deal in a nanosecond. If I were Boston, I would hate it. Ray Allen is statistically better than Kevin Martin in almost every statistical category. Allen's salary comes off the books at the end of the year, whereas Martin has another year left. While Dragic is better than Dooling, Dooling is also a free agent at the end of the year, while Dragic is not; in short, the Rockets clear cap space for this off-season while the Celtics decrease cap space to get slightly worse at SG and uneccessarily deeper at PG (with Rondo and Bradley already on the team). This doesn't help the Celtics at all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In Response to Just a ideia if we are going to rebuild:
    I would suggest the following as an alternative.

LAL gets Rondo, JON (backs up Bynum) and Scola

HOU gets P Gasol

NO (can go a couple ways here) K-mart (in case they lose Gordon), Patterson, D. Morris and LAL or HOU 2nd round pick or some young guys and draft picks--
    Patterson, T. Williams and Thabeet (has TO coming up so easily dumped) plus one of second round picks mentioned above.

BOS gets Kaman, Dragic (ex contract) one of LAL first rounders (I think they get Dallas' first this year as part of Odom trade), try for HOU first also but most likely second round HOU pick (may have two) and we switch our first with New Orleans (say move up from 16 pick to 12 pick) Use a couple of our multiple picks to move up in Lottery at draft time.

Sections
Shortcuts