Just a Little Bump in the Road

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Just a Little Bump in the Road

In Response to Re: Just a Little Bump in the Road:

[QUOTE]
    Ski...as much as I would like to agree with you that this is a mere bump in the road or a slump that most teams endure, as a fan I will try to be positive but realistically, we need Shaq and JON too to advance in playoffs. Teams that are more than just competitive have one of two things, and hopefully, both.  A strong presence in the paint or a superstar G or F.  Let me address the latter first, Bulls have Rose, most definitely a superstar & perhaps MVP this year but are not exceptional under the paint. The Magic & Mavs, on the other hand, don't have, in my opinion, superstars other than Howard and Nowitski(who is a PF & Center) but they are terrific under the basket. The Spurs have Duncan in the paint & then Ginobli & Parker, both guards and although not youngsters, they are still stars. The Thunder have superstars, Durant & Westbrook...both very young...and now Perk foir "D" & rebounds. But the real stickout and I hate them but they are 14-1 since the allstar break  have the best of both worlds with 3 very good players in the paint, Gasol, Bynum & Odom, & , of course, Kobe, the very best, I think, since Michael Jordan.  Now we come to us. Yup, we have the BIG 3 & won in 2008 with them and Perk, of course, not for offense but good defense. That same team almost won last year except we'll never know about Game 7 if Perk were not injured.  As a long time Celtic fan still smarting from Game 7 and disparity in foul shots, I feel that being out rebounded killed us too & with Perk that wouldn't have happened. Rasheed, in my opinion, was not a power center who liked to dunk the ball. He like Garnett was mostly a jump shooter and at times felt he was a 3 pt shooter like Pierce & Allen. I'd have preferred muscle in the paint.  So, we still have our 3 stars but they, as happens to all of us who age, have lost a step or two & we do not dominate in the paint. If we shoot 50% + we need not worry so much about rebounds, but if not, we need them.  Lakers shot a pathetic 32% in Game 7 but dominance of rebounds allowed them extra chances. We do not have that luxury when we have poor shooting nights so as I titled this post, I end it with WE MUST HAVE SHAQ AND JON, ALBEIT NOT ESSENTIAL, WOULD BE A BIG HELP TOO, ESPECIALLY WHEN SHAQ FOULS OUT !!! PS...apparently from a coach(paisano too) who knew something about winning & it seems didn't believe in bumps in the road and slumps,  here's a couple of   quotes from Lombardi that could apply to the unimportance or importance of our team not winning now: "Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."   " If you can accept losing, you can't win."

Posted by mandobello
    [/QUOTE]

-

I agree with all of you, Mando, as usual.  Well said, my friend.  I too believe that without Shaq we will be in some deep doggy do do.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that no one else goes down during our stretch run and the playoffs.

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

"Teams that are more than just competitive have one of two things, and hopefully, both.  A strong presence in the paint or a superstar G or F.  Let me address the latter first, Bulls have Rose, most definitely a superstar & perhaps MVP this year but are not exceptional under the paint. The Magic & Mavs, on the other hand, don't have, in my opinion, superstars other than Howard and Nowitski(who is a PF & Center) but they are terrific under the basket. The Spurs have Duncan in the paint & then Ginobli & Parker, both guards and although not youngsters, they are still stars. The Thunder have superstars, Durant & Westbrook...both very young...and now Perk foir "D" & rebounds.

- Mando

Very good point, Mando, I like it.  It reminds me of a pleasant thought:  JO and Shaq are both coming back.  JO on Thursday and Shaq a few days later.  How's that for paint presence?

Oh, yeah, the doomer and naysayers are convinced of the Celtics doom so they will find ways to discredit the idea that JO and Shaq will make a difference or be able to stay healthy.

Who likes our chances 3 weeks from now with both Shaq and JO back, a more seasoned Delonte, and the new guys more comfortable in their roles.

Well, I do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    I think we may loose a few more beofre we right this ship.

We have a better bench than last year and a healthy KG  I am fine 2nd seed 3rd seed do not matter we beat everyone in the east multiple times. We will get it togather

Posted by genaro008
    [/QUOTE]

-

I think you are correct in that, this slump may not go away at all during the regular season given the grueling schedule with the back-to-backs.  But it will go away and be barely remembered as a bump in the road.

It seems like a humongous obstacle to overcome right now but we got reinforcements on the way.

JO coming back Thursday, Shaq on the 5th, look at the schedule, chances are we won't go undefeated the rest of the way.  But come playoff time, we will be ready.

Stay positive, stay strong -  the Celtics will be alright.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Just a Little Bump in the Road:
    [QUOTE]
    This tiresome slump is just a wee little bump in the road, but it's enough for all the bandwagoneers to start jumping.  See yas all later.

There are many reasons for this slump, too many to enumerate here, and besides, it would be futile to try to expain something to know nothings.

Do you think this spells the end of the Celtic's playoff hopes?

Do you think they might not make it out of the first round?

Do you think they are out of contention for Banner 18?

What kind of person are you, a fan or an EIO (Emotionaly Invested Observer)?

The C's can pull out of this slump, can't they.

The C's can start playing good ball again, can't they?

Once in the playoffs, it's a new season, isn't it?  The season that counts?

Go panic and run from under the falling sky,Chicken Littles: it's as if you've never seen a slump before. LoL -

Posted by RajonRondowski
    [/QUOTE]

-

Oh, Yeah.  All that's true. And then some.

Celtics got no chance, or do they?

Is this slump a bump in the road or is it the end?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Are you with us or against us?

Do you believe or are you a non-believer?

When JO and Shaq come back will it make a difference?

No, you say?  Who says no?

Nay sayers, doom & gloomers, Negative Nellies, Panicky types who have never overcome adversity and give up at the slightest obstacle?

You pathetic and then somes.

Bring it on:  you got nothing but negativity on your side.  That's nothing!

Just something to be ashamed of.

Go Celtics.

-

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a Little Bump in the Road : - Hey, Fierce, what's up with KGLove?  He can't tell a bump from a brick?
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

You would be able to get over a bump in the road right but a brick wall would stop you from progressing and the way i see it 5-5 in the last 10 (esp to those teams we lost to) and the coaching staff and players looking around like I dont know what else we can do ... is not a 'little bump'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Do you think this spells the end of the Celtic's playoff hopes? NO.

Do you think they might not make it out of the first round? YES!

Do you think they are out of contention for Banner 18? NO DOUBT!

What kind of person are you, a fan or an EIO (Emotionaly Invested Observer)? A REALISTIC FAN!

The C's can pull out of this slump, can't they? NOPE, SORRY.

The C's can start playing good ball again, can't they? DOUBTFUL, BUT GOOD IS THE ENEMY OF BEST.

Once in the playoffs, it's a new season, isn't it? SURE! The season that counts? YES!

Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    In Response to Re: Just a Little Bump in the Road : You would be able to get over a bump in the road right but a brick wall would stop you from progressing and the way i see it 5-5 in the last 10 (esp to those teams we lost to) and the coaching staff and players looking around like I dont know what else we can do ... is not a 'little bump'

Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

-

Can we refer to it as a huge bump in the road, then?

My point being that whatever it is, it is not something that is insurmountable, not something we can't overcome, like a brick wall for instance.

I think we can overcome this adversity and have a great run at the title even though right now we stink to high heavens.

All the Celtics problems can be corrected moving forward -- only more injuries can really derail us.

Sections
Shortcuts