just a simple question- what if we flipped....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

just a simple question- what if we flipped....

wilcox's and bass's minutes?  give wilcox 30 a night, presuming he's ready physically.  give bass 15 a night.  i don't expect wilcox to straight double his numbers, for example, from 10 and 6 last night to 20 and 12, but isn't he MORE of what we need right now- length, rebounding per minute, high efficiency offense than bass represents?

i know that this would be tantamount to danny/doc admitting to failure and you can always switch the minutes back to prop up bass for a trade, but games like last night- double OT against a team like dallas..... 

i'll put it to you bluntly- KG is already pooped on the boards- he's gone down the drain.  partially likely psychologically from having to watch bass' miserable defense and partially because he's OLDER NOW and cannot be relied on to be a primary rebounder on a team any more!!!  and bass i shrinking away from growing in that role.

we have to do something to mix it up with the bigs or we are 8th seed or beyond

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: just a simple question- what if we flipped....

Hi,

I'd say no flipping.

One of the reasons is that CW doesn't have a mid-range jumper like Bass.

The other reason is BB fits better into Celtics defensive schemes.

IMO.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi,

I'd say no flipping.

IMO.

AK

[/QUOTE]

Defensive schemes? I don tthink so..Bass pretty weak defensively imo, out of position often.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi,

I'd say no flipping.

IMO.

AK

[/QUOTE]

only if your "defensive schemes" involve aiding and abetting the other team.  bass is HORRIBLE on individual defense and you have to be capable at that before you can function within a team defense format

i don't think we are lacking for "mid range jumpers" in this lineup- in fact we have too damn many of them and not enough guys who want to go inside and do dirty work and i can't remember the last time i saw bass on a fast break fleetly galloping up the floor on the wing for a dunk via rondo pass.

wilcox CAN and WILL do that, in addition to easy points on lob-dunks, etc.

bass is one of those players who produces something, you can't argue against that he doesn't produce (most nights, some he is just horrible) but when you start netting out excellent FT% against low FTA's for a power forward and declining FG% and rebounding per minute year to year / for the #4 position, coupled with HORRIFIC defense- i often times come out with we'd be better with wilcox's game and less "perceived" production in some areas like "mid range jumper" and better overall effects on the game.

we need to shake something up....  we are EARLY in the season for KG to have a rebounding funk like this. 

i'd even go a step further to intimate that we need more sullinger AND wilcox than we do ANY BASS AT ALL, but i know to some that would be a radical standpoint.  to me, it's very easy to arrive at.  sullinger is good at position defense even showing signs of good team defender a better rebounder than bass.   i don't care if he scores zero a night, he needs some floor time for our rebounding and defense to get better

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would be ok except then there would be no rim defender on the second unit.

Better to trade Bass and whatever for Gortat, then you strengthen the entire team.

[/QUOTE]

well, i guess so.  gortat at ~10M a year x 5 years.  it's going to have to be a lot of something that PHO takes on besides bass' ~3M per year.  maybe courtney lee.  if we can showcase him, trick him into producing something, anything, just a ham sandwich.  PHO are suckers- they signed josh childress to mega money (6M) and then never played him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

gortat at 6.7M but that's going to rise every year from the looks of it, probably to a horrible baloon at the end of it

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

gortat at 6.7M but that's going to rise every year from the looks of it, probably to a horrible baloon at the end of it

[/QUOTE]

Until now you're too lazy to check out the facts.

Gortat will be getting 7.2m this season and 7.7m next season.

You don't know how to use google?

[/QUOTE]

A = Hole- i went to basketball reference dot com and it said 6.7.  you want to beat me up over .5 million?

what's your point?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A = Hole- i went to basketball reference dot com and it said 6.7.  you want to beat me up over .5 million?

what's your point?

[/QUOTE]

The point is don't jump to conclusions when you don't have all the facts!

Here:

Horrible balloon?

I didn't just beat you up over .5m, you got beat up because you didn't know what Gortat's actual contract status was!

[/QUOTE]

i see.  his current contract went from 6.7 to 7.2M.  he turned down signing multi-year.  maybe because he hates PHO.  so they are going to submarine him to keep his value down?  probably so.  you don't think that this guy isn't going to want 9 to 10 M per year to sign a new contract, do ya?

who knows, maybe he's worth it.  but one thing's for sure- KG's 11M / year starts looking awfully albatross-y really quickly when you add up how quickly he is aging on rebound-grabbing with how much he's being paid and how much we need to pay to get a decent center.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I agree in concept.  If the Celtics are going to trot out an undersized center that doesn't rebound well for his position it seems that they also would not want to out Bass out there next to him.

Bass is making me almost long for BBD.

That was for you Acie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

what's your point?

[/QUOTE]

The point is don't jump to conclusions when you don't have all the facts!

Here:

Horrible balloon?

I didn't just beat you up over .5m, you got beat up because you didn't know what Gortat's actual contract status was!

[/QUOTE]

i see.  his current contract went from 6.7 to 7.2M.  he turned down signing multi-year.  maybe because he hates PHO.  so they are going to submarine him to keep his value down?  probably so.  you don't think that this guy isn't going to want 9 to 10 M per year to sign a new contract, do ya?

who knows, maybe he's worth it.  but one thing's for sure- KG's 11M / year starts looking awfully albatross-y really quickly when you add up how quickly he is aging on rebound-grabbing with how much he's being paid and how much we need to pay to get a decent center.....

[/QUOTE]

Celtics With KG On/Off Court

Per 48 Minutes This Season 

On CourtOff Court Pts diff +7.6 -9.4 Opp Pts 88.1 105.5 Opp FG pct 42.7 47.8

We're done without KG. His contract is fair, same as Duncan's. Two all-time greats who still keep their teams relevant. KG is our cornerstone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care about how much money Gortat will want in the future.

All I care about is this season.

Why is the money a big deal to you? It's not coming out of your pocket, right?

The point is Gortat will give the Celts shot-blocking, rebounding, and inside scoring.

[/QUOTE]

This blows my mind that people are actually talking about monetary consideratons.  Gortat is underpaid for a big man of his skill.  He is cheap compared to Gasol at 19 million.   Danny needs to do it tomorrow Dec 15.  Let's not wait and  and  have an adjustment period that goes awry as we did after the Perkins trade, do it now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care about how much money Gortat will want in the future.

All I care about is this season.

Why is the money a big deal to you? It's not coming out of your pocket, right?

The point is Gortat will give the Celts shot-blocking, rebounding, and inside scoring.

[/QUOTE]

This blows my mind that people are actually talking about monetary consideratons.  Gortat is underpaid for a big man of his skill.  He is cheap compared to Gasol at 19 million.   Danny needs to do it tomorrow Dec 15.  Let's not wait and  and  have an adjustment period that goes awry as we did after the Perkins trade, do it now.

[/QUOTE]

Lee, Melo and picks?  If I am Ainge I am offering that tomorrow.  Those two and a first rounder might get it done. It isn't like they love Gortat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Why is the money a big deal to you? It's not coming out of your pocket, right?"

Acie don't waste your time with this guy -- he will google NBA salaries and will tell you which trade will  work in which trade will not,  all of a sudden he will contradict himself by saying the statement above. It's only important if he will say it not for you! He thinks internet is accurate - because he relied all his sources using copy in paste...and pretend he knows.

All we know, FIERCE GONNA ~F~VCK your THREAD --  Just a matter of time ~~THIS GUARANTEE.

The guy don't work.