Just a suggestion-Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Just a suggestion-Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison

Of course many people won't like this.  But they are also the same people that complained about us letting Posey go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison

In Response to Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison:
    Of course many people won't like this.  But they are also the same people that complained about us letting Posey go.
    Posted by spewey

Well I don't think Indiana likes it. Both players are pretty good and one is a center. Centers don't grow on trees.  I am sure they would want more than Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Re: Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison

Just throwing it out there since Indiana has had interest in Rondo from the beginning and we need a center.  But yeah there would need to be more to it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Just a suggestion-Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison

Spewey,
    Is there anyone now that does not think letting go of Posey in 2008 was not a mistake in retrospect?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Just a suggestion-Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison:
    Spewey, Is there anyone now that does not think letting go of Posey in 2008 was not a mistake in retrospect?
    Posted by concord27

Huh???? A double or maybe triple negative question?

Too many twists and turns to know the question, much less the answer.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Re: Just a suggestion-Rondo to Pacers for Roy Hibbert/Darren Collison:
    Spewey, Is there anyone now that does not think letting go of Posey in 2008 was not a mistake in retrospect?
    Posted by concord27

I don't understand your question because you have not in there twice.
    But for the ridiculous deal Posey got-no retrospect was ever needed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posey had a four or five year contract.  The money was about five million per. If he had played even two years more with us it would have been well worth it. The title in 2010 might have been ours.  

Letting Tony Allen go for three years for ten million was an even bigger mistake. 

Let's not get sidetracked though what is happening right now is more important. I hope the Celtics pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

If I was Danny I do this trade.   Hibbert is big and only going to get better.  Collison is a nice young player too.   It would be hard to get rid of Rondo however but the Celtics need to start looking for the future.  After this year its back to pre 2007-2008 season for a while.   It would be nice to beat MeBron and his super buddies in the playoffs this year.   Its nice to have basketball back but it was also nice not to hear about MeBron and the Miami Heat for a while. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posey had a four or five year contract.  The money was about five million per. If he had played even two years more with us it would have been well worth it. The title in 2010 might have been ours.   Letting Tony Allen go for three years for ten million was an even bigger mistake.  Let's not get sidetracked though what is happening right now is more important. I hope the Celtics pull a rabbit out of the hat. 
    Posted by concord27

Agree with you on both Posey and Tony Allen.  Danny did say last season that his biggest regret was not resigning Tony Allen.  He did realize that it was a mistake. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Roy retired

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Indiana has George Hill so they may not need Rondo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

So a couple of yes on keeping Posey and someone who thinks Roy Hibbert is Brandon Roy.  Very good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Indiana has George Hill so they may not need Rondo.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Hill at SG.  Pacers would then need a center but they have $$$ to spend.

My bad throwing out proposals.  Probably not a good idea to throw a made up proposal out there since the real GMs are already throwing too many real life potential deals for us to grasp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Indiana would never do this anyhow and Hibbert isn't good enough. We need much better than that for Rondo. Since you're looking at unrealistic trades how about Rondo and Jeff Green for Dwight Howard? 

Rondo isn't going anywhere unless CP3 is headed here.

"Is there anyone now that does not think letting go of Posey in 2008 was not a mistake in retrospect?"

Yep. He hasn't had a good year since and was not worth the huge contract he understandably took. No blaming Posey for taking it, he already had his hardware, but a huge Posey contract wouldn't have helped us given how he has played since.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Indiana would never do this anyhow and Hibbert isn't good enough. We need much better than that for Rondo. Since you're looking at unrealistic trades how about Rondo and Jeff Green for Dwight Howard?  Rondo isn't going anywhere unless CP3 is headed here. " Is there anyone now that does not think letting go of Posey in 2008 was not a mistake in retrospect?" Yep. He hasn't had a good year since and was not worth the huge contract he understandably took. No blaming Posey for taking it, he already had his hardware, but a huge Posey contract wouldn't have helped us given how he has played since.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

If Hibbert isn't good enough why wouldn't Indiana take it??  That doesn't make any sense.

Obviously Rondo and Green for Howard is the better deal but that doesn't seem to be a possibility right now but I am sure the Cs have explored that route just as they did with Chris Paul.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Stop trying to trade Rondo - he's going to have a great year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Stop trying to trade Rondo - he's going to have a great year.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Keep trying to trade him, spewey! DA tried. Why not you?

(I like the trade myself. Hibbert is a young defensive stud. Collison is solid too.) 

Oh yes.... I'll believe the great year when I see it.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Indiana would never do this anyhow and Hibbert isn't good enough. We need much better than that for Rondo. Since you're looking at unrealistic trades how about Rondo and Jeff Green for Dwight Howard?  Rondo isn't going anywhere unless CP3 is headed here. " Is there anyone now that does not think letting go of Posey in 2008 was not a mistake in retrospect?" Yep. He hasn't had a good year since and was not worth the huge contract he understandably took. No blaming Posey for taking it, he already had his hardware, but a huge Posey contract wouldn't have helped us given how he has played since.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Oh my.... BTS's mantra has changed ever so subtly from

Rondo isn't going anywhere!!!

to

Rondo isn't going anywere... unless CP3's headed here.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Troll Spanker,
    Not to belabor it but Posey in 2009 and 2010 would have got the job done.  He was getting less than five million per.  We wasted 11 mil on Jermaine O'Neal who contributed what?  We needed Posey after 2008 and we should have kept him, in retrospect 25 million was not going to break us over five years.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yogi Berra could'nt have said it better...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Is there anyone now that does not think letting go of Posey in 2008 was not a mistake in retrospect?

I like yogi's version

" you probably made too many wrong mistakes"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Troll Spanker, Not to belabor it but Posey in 2009 and 2010 would have got the job done.  He was getting less than five million per.  We wasted 11 mil on Jermaine O'Neal who contributed what?  We needed Posey after 2008 and we should have kept him, in retrospect 25 million was not going to break us over five years.  
    Posted by concord27

An even cheaper solution. Have Rondo step up to hitting FTs at 70%. Two more rings just as surely... and we save  oodles of $$$ on marginal personnel and could have kept Perk I suspect.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts