Just found this one from 2010- why can't it be like this every game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Just found this one from 2010- why can't it be like this every game

Watch rondo nail 3's.  I lost interest around the 43 minute mark, but throughout the contest and especially at the end during the "shootout" he shoots practically even with durant, which is no small feat.  I'm NOT asking him to shoot like Durant all the time- but .................  maybe 35% from 3 on a yearly basis with being some consistent threat if left open, and MERE COMPETENCY from 15-17 feet?

There is nothing wrong with the shot stroke as we can all see and have seen the last several years.  It's "in his head" they say.  Well, it can only be that way for so long before you metastacize into a head CASE......

http://youtu.be/DRWUREGsLqs?t=38m21s

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Just found this one from 2010- why can't it be like this every game

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Magic said that Rondo needs to score 20 points a game.

He could, if he would stop turning down open shots.

Does Rivers ever go over game film with the team?

[/QUOTE]

not with regard to precious rajon.  we have brought him along so gently the last 6+ years that he has an entire alter REALITY in which he does anything he wants, despite being able to do GREAT things for this team on a nightly basis- not just table setter but scorer and we've needed it from day one he was in green. 

the fact that he was a laughable liability in the last minutes of games and was yanked in favor of old cranks like sam cassell and NON point guards beyond ONE SINGLE SEASON is a crying shame.  really it should have been over with after the rook season.  64% should have turned into 74% and on to 80%. 

he can obviously do it, he just doesn't feeeeeeeel like it.  kind of fits in with the rest of the generation of do-what-ya-feel-ers out there now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and shiver me timbers to think of us asking him to bend the knees and stare at your man's gut type of defense- this guy is quick enough to pester any point guard in the league nearly out of their mind- you know, the sort of defensive effort and discipline that avery bradley applied to his own game!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I hope our team doesn't still look at film.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

[/QUOTE]

So true.

In the regular season Rondo is too cool for school. In the playoffs he takes it to another level.

[/QUOTE]

you know, i'm a forgiving person- if he could SUSTAIN that "another level" and deliver us some rings then i'd almost forget about the regular season- but he never can sustain it- just a couple of misses and he's off on a 5 game funk!!

the celts traded maxwell in 1985 because they thought max was sandbaggin' and only wanted to be in the playoffs.  ainge was ON THAT TEAM.  now he has had a starting "star" PG for SIX YEARS ALREADY that does the same thing that maxwell may or may not have been guilty of in 1985-

NO DENYING IT HERE but rondo is simply condoned and rewarded (by continued 40 minutes per game!) in this system of BS that ainge and rivers have built.  it makes me sick.  NOBODY in the history of the game flaked off during the regular season and only tried in the playoffs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

No one player bigger than the team.... at least that prob applies to 99% of everyone... and Rondo shouldnt be a 1 percenter..

Having the huge triple doubles hes had in the playoffs over the years is almost as aggravating as it is pleasing to the eye.... because they guy has it in him but wont put it out there most of the time... 29-18-14...followed up with 7-4-9..  hard to swallow or understand.

I think this is what grates on most people critical of him... hes not consistent and wont defend his man.... and it appears to be due to lack of effort or committment ..and because his coach cant or is too intimidated to push him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one player bigger than the team.... at least that prob applies to 99% of everyone... and Rondo shouldnt be a 1 percenter..

Having the huge triple doubles hes had in the playoffs over the years is almost as aggravating as it is pleasing to the eye.... because they guy has it in him but wont put it out there most of the time... 29-18-14...followed up with 7-4-9..  hard to swallow or understand.

I think this is what grates on most people critical of him... hes not consistent and wont defend his man.... and it appears to be due to lack of effort or committment ..and because his coach cant or is too intimidated to push him

[/QUOTE]

doc is a system guy.  a system of mendacity.  chide the role players and excuse everyone else.  all need to be held to the same standard. 

what most dingbats fail to realize when they get tingles in the legs over rondo's trip-dub playoff performances is that if he was expending most of that effort during the regular season, our standing position would be better!  and our opponents weaker, until the finals!

for whatever reason, the c's have failed to get a backup for rondo for most of the years that we've had him.  marbury was temporary, part of a year.  cassell the same.  but no backups to keep him at 35 mins a game and gas in the tank for the playoffs.  with a rondo that takes care of business for 35 a game, we win a lot of blowouts.  period.

so doc & ainge have surely justified his lollygaggin-est play by that "he has no back up, so we'll give him some room".  only works if you have a player who is solid in the fundamentals and not a head case regarding defensive effort.  otherwise you just create a monster that takes more leeway and suddenly, you have a game like last night, a season that is largely like last night. 

rondo is one of the speedier guys in the league yet never runs!  we end up trolling the ball around the perimeter playing hot potato until the shot clock is at 2.  we have no offensive structure because the captain is checked out mentally.   again.