Just how corrupt is the NBA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Just how corrupt is the NBA?

We can all agree there is some level of corruption and it is not on a small scale. Just how corrupt is it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Re: Just how corrupt is the NBA?

In Response to Just how corrupt is the NBA?:
    [QUOTE]We can all agree there is some level of corruption and it is not on a small scale. Just how corrupt is it?
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

Still sore after the Heat dispatched Boston in 5?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

no, I think he may be wondering how Dallas, of all teams, swept the Lakers.....just a hunch.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Just how corrupt is the NBA?:
    [QUOTE]We can all agree there is some level of corruption and it is not on a small scale. Just how corrupt is it?
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

extremely corrupt imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Just how corrupt is the NBA?:
    [QUOTE]no, I think he may be wondering how Dallas, of all teams, swept the Lakers.....just a hunch.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Yep, it sucks.  On the other hand, I didn't start a thread crying about NBA corruption because my team lost.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

im a bandwagon bruins fan and i get so jealous watching the hockey refs control the game the way it should be.

hockey is 10 times faster than basketball, yet they barely make any bad calls. And I never once suspect any sort of favoritism or fixing.

no cheap fouls in the NHL. in the nba, u breathe on lebron and hes going to the line for points. rediculous. this goes for NFL too. too many bordline personal fouls and pass intereferences called for certain players.

in hockey, its a rare that a called penalty is wrong because they call the blatant ones and let borderline stuff go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]im a bandwagon bruins fan and i get so jealous watching the hockey refs control the game the way it should be. hockey is 10 times faster than basketball, yet they barely make any bad calls. And I never once suspect any sort of favoritism or fixing. no cheap fouls in the NHL. in the nba, u breathe on lebron and hes going to the line for points. rediculous. this goes for NFL too. too many bordline personal fouls and pass intereferences called for certain players. in hockey, its a rare that a called penalty is wrong because they call the blatant ones and let borderline stuff go.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

There's an old joke about a guy who went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.  The NBA got a black eye with the "Brawl" in 2004, yet fighting is condoned in hockey, with some players getting life-threatening injuries from these fista cuffs.  This is why hockey has been in a downward spiral since the Gretzky days.  Judging by TV ratings, you're actually one of the few who bother to watch these Stanley Cup playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Honestly. Who knows. That's what's so frustrating about it. When a bad call is made you have no idea why.

For example: That ridiculous call on the disgustingly epic flop by Queen James in the Finals. There are two possible scenerios:

1) Since it was clear the defender never touched Wade's sidekick, the ref didn't see the play. He never saw a foul. But he assumed, based on LeBron's reaction that there was a foul and called one even though he never saw one. That is incompetence. 

And I hope if this guy ref's another Finals game he makes LeBron pay for showing him up in such a ridiculous manner.

2) This is the one I hate. The ref KNEW there was no foul. And for whatever reason (could be a number of things) decided to award a foul against the Mavs that they didn't commit.

The only thing that is clear is that there is a major officiating problem in the NBA. Only a complete idiot could deny that at this point.

I would love to see a reporter do an expose on this. Of course, that will never happen because all the major news outlets are terrified of Stern. It would never see the light of day If 20-30 years from now the NBA is niche sport like it probably will be and they no longer have the cache they have right now, I bet a lot of interesting things about this era will come to light.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly. Who knows. That's what's so frustrating about it. When a bad call is made you have no idea why. For example: That ridiculous call on the disgustingly epic flop by Queen James in the Finals. There are two possible scenerios: 1) Since it was clear the defender never touched Wade's sidekick, the ref didn't see the play. He never saw a foul. But he assumed, based on LeBron's reaction that there was a foul and called one even though he never saw one. That is incompetence.  And I hope if this guy ref's another Finals game he makes LeBron pay for showing him up in such a ridiculous manner. 2) This is the one I hate. The ref KNEW there was no foul. And for whatever reason (could be a number of things) decided to award a foul against the Mavs that they didn't commit. The only thing that is clear is that there is a major officiating problem in the NBA. Only a complete idiot could deny that at this point. I would love to see a reporter do an expose on this. Of course, that will never happen because all the major news outlets are terrified of Stern. It would never see the light of day If 20-30 years from now the NBA is niche sport like it probably will be and they no longer have the cache they have right now, I bet a lot of interesting things about this era will come to light.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

It gets far, far worse. 

How about when a good call is made? Who really knows why!

Do yourself a huge favor and stop feeding the beast. Boycott the NBA and BDC too while you are at it.

Find another sport.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just how corrupt is the NBA? : It gets far, far worse.  How about when a good call is made ? Who really knows why! Do yourself a huge favor and stop feeding the beast. Boycott the NBA and BDC too while you are at it. Find another sport. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I'll watch any sport I want to watch and frequent any meassage board I want to. And if you don't like it- too bad. Get over it. 

I outlined the the only two possible reasons as to why that call (or any other bad call) was made. One reason involves corruption the other involves incompetence. Instead of pretending the concept is completely nebulous, how about addressing it? No. Because then you wouldn't be able to get on your high horse and talk down to people. What fun would that be?

The hilarious thing about this situation is I could give you the exact same advice. Since I've gotten here I've had to listen to you ramble nonstop about how terrible the Celtic's All Star point guard is. If people listened to you they would think Rondo was a third string player. Not once have I said a word to you. Live and let live.

But since we're here, why don't you follow your own advice and stop following the Celtics and frequenting this forum if there is some aspect of the team/league you don't like. It makes as much sense as your advice to me.

You have hundreds, if not thousands, of posts dedicated to bitching about how terrible Rondo is. All Star: Rajon Rondo. Not one word from me. But I make dozen or so posts about the terribble NBA officiating and you attack me?

Get over yourself.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE] The Lakers lead the league in fewer fouls, and Lebron goes FIVE GAMES WITHOUT A SINGLE FOUL CALL AGAINST HIM. That is a f...ing disgrace.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Care to divulge where you got that amazing stat?  Or did you just made it up to prove a point?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just how corrupt is the NBA? : It has been linked here many times. You must be new.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Please enlighten me...where's the link?  It's highly improbable that a high-flyer like James could go through five 40+ minutes games without a foul against him.

15. This post has been removed.