Just learned something watching the Orlando/Utah game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Just learned something watching the Orlando/Utah game...

Jerry Sloan can coach, Stan Vangundy can't.

Williams is a winner, Howard is not a winner.

Utah plays very cohesive defense, Orlando relies too much on Howard on Offense.

I believe in Utah as a playoff Contender, I do not believe in Orlando.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Just learned something watching the Orlando/Utah game...

David Pomeranz will tell you, "Got to Believe in Magic."

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Rondo is a better passer, Deron is a better all around player as he has a consistant jumper and can hit free throws.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The salaries of Rondo and Deron tell the whole story. 

Until Rondo consistently hits those open jumpers and improves the percentage of his FT shooting he will not be considered better than Deron or CancerPatient3.

HAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Until Rondo consistently hits those open jumpers and improves the percentage of his FT shooting he will not be considered better than Deron or CancerPatient3."

Yep - absolutely true. As much as I defend Rondo from the dopes and trolls on this forum, he's not in Deron or CP3's class at this time. In terms of young guys, Westbrook and D. Rose are also knocking on that Deron/CP3 door, but neither are in yet. Rose also has some shooting issues (though better than Rondo from the line), Westbrook needs to mature a bit more so we'll see there. 

As far as Jefferson dominating Howard, I was happy for big Al. Love seeing Orlando get exposed. 

I don't see Utah as a serious playoff threat though, maybe I'm wrong but they can't seem to beat LA when it counts and LA is better than ever. But hey I'd be psyched to see them try. It's a crime Sloan has never won coach of the year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i suppose williams is better. for sheer entertainment pop, i'd rather watch rondo play. celtics fan or not. and i like rondo's ceiling better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Rondo is the best passer in the NBA. not necessarily the best PG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

If Rondo was replaced by JW or CP in game 7 of finals, Cs would have won Banner 18. RR can score layups but got blocked by Howard, LJ, Gasol and by Dallas the other night. No jumpers, No ring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Dwight Howard needs to become mean if the Magic are ever going to win a championship. The Magic desperately needs to obtain a mean/enforcer type of player to play alongside him.

Problem with some guys just being too nice most of the time on the Court.

Howard is much like David Robinson (although not as talented) before Tim Duncan joined the Spurs. Howard needs his Duncan to help the team win a championship.

And yes, Jerry Sloan is one of the greatest coaches in NBA history. Sad for him that he's never won a championship. But that doesn't detract from what he's been able to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Go Jazz, thank yu!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Utah last 2 games unreal.  Big comebacks & wins against the HEat & magic, on the road!  Thats very, very impressive.

I also agree DW is a better player than Rondo, not so sure if Id say hes more valuable though. 

Rondo has always been haunted by his shooting & FT's... hes also over rated defensively imo. Gets lost too often on picks and gambles too much allowing his player to drive by and attempting to swipe the ball from behind. His steals #'s are good but they'd have to be with the amount of gambles he takes, many of which backfire. I sometimes think he tries to be too spectacular.. sometimes with his passes, sometimes defensively.

Anyway, hes a great player, not a perfect one...who is.. still gotta take DW & CP over him...  we're also gonna start hearing people putting Wall into this category..hes high profile, a media darling which means everything he does will be magnified..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Just learned something watching the Orlando/Utah game...:
    [QUOTE]Utah last 2 games unreal.  Big comebacks & wins against the HEat & magic, on the road!  Thats very, very impressive. I also agree DW is a better player than Rondo, not so sure if Id say hes more valuable though.  Rondo has always been haunted by his shooting & FT's... hes also over rated defensively imo. Gets lost too often on picks and gambles too much allowing his player to drive by and attempting to swipe the ball from behind. His steals #'s are good but they'd have to be with the amount of gambles he takes, many of which backfire. I sometimes think he tries to be too spectacular.. sometimes with his passes, sometimes defensively. Anyway, hes a great player, not a perfect one...who is.. still gotta take DW & CP over him...  we're also gonna start hearing people putting Wall into this category..hes high profile, a media darling which means everything he does will be magnified..  
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Rose was also a media darling.  After Rondo played out of his mind against Rose in 2009, people put Rose back into perspective.  I don't know enough about Wall - if he can't shoot either he'll also be exposed, although one thing I also like about Wall is that he's 6-4.  If he's just as fast, bigger, and can shoot, watch out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Oh, and Al Jefferson was practically stolen from Minnesota.

Also, Orlando is still soft.

Sections
Shortcuts