Just my opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

Just my opinion

Some of you guys are just crazy!

First off: Why can't Shaq and JO be the saviors? Did you guys watch at the beginning of the season at all? Shaq was making a case for the all star team, and JO had it going in the very limited time he was out there. All he'll have to do is rebound and play some D and he was definintely doing that before the injury. Heck even if you give them both 15-20 minutes we're good to go! Both these guys want a championship, and i know Shaq wants to tie it back up with Kobe.

Second: First seed, second seed isnt going to mean @#$% if everyone is spent. Ill take third seed and some rest gladly. They can say all they want how hard they are trying , but what else would they say? That they dont care if they win? Doubtful. The slump was ineveitable and as crappy as it is to happen this close to the payoffs, youd be retarded to think the playoffs wont wake these guys up.

Third:The Rondo bashing is getting outta control. Has this guy ever not brought it in the playoffs? Of course he has an ego, the last time i checked hes pretty young. That doesnt mean he doesnt want a championship which is what its all about right? Every player that plays with Rondo talks about how great it is to have a point guard that actually does what a point guard should, which is get the team involved. What did you expect him to get his crazy numbers in every game this year? Relax and watch.

Fourth: Big Baby should never shoot this much but this guy always kicks a@# in the playoffs and with our bigs back he will go back to doing what he does best.

I wish Doc would just let these guys rest but i really do think he just cares more about the seeding then the players do. Either way hes the top coach in our conference and our guys will get a little rest in the playoffs. Everyone seems to forget that the playoffs is much better for our "old" team then the regular season is at times.

Danny is a mad scientist and he brought us 17 so why question him now. This trade was necessary and i loved Perk just as much as anybody but PP needed some rest and anybody could see that. Not being subbed by a bum, bt a legitamite starter on a really good team in OKC. 

If the guys dont wake up in the playoffs then they're practically dead already and we will start getting ready for 2012. Bottom line is the Celtics are not in the hands of idiots anymore like the dark years after Bird, and everyone should save the anger and crying and joy for the playoffs.....Like i do. hahahhaha just my opinion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Just my opinion

fans of the greatest franchise in the nba, yet so many give the appearance of attending their first rodeo.  

nice post, tekaronhiakha.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

You use logic and make reasonable arguments, particularly with points 2 and 3. In other words, prepare an onslaught of criticism from "the sky is falling" crowd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I can't believe there is actually a post right now saying the C's should just go for the #3 or #4 seed instead of trying for the #2 or #1.

Maybe next year we should just shoot for a #6 seed, so that everyone won't get all stressed out at the end of the season when we're fighting for the top spots in the conference....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Nice post by the way....only thing I do disagree with is the #3 seed. I believe they need the highest seed they can get. I know they've been struggling, but they're too close right now to just give up on it. Reason? If game 7 was in Boston last year, even without Perk, we would have won. I have no doubt. All things considered, that's what I keep coming back to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Just my opinion:
    [QUOTE]Nice post by the way....only thing I do disagree with is the #3 seed. I believe they need the highest seed they can get. I know they've been struggling, but they're too close right now to just give up on it. Reason? If game 7 was in Boston last year, even without Perk, we would have won. I have no doubt. All things considered, that's what I keep coming back to.
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

you overrate the value of fans and underate the value of guys who actually play oon the floor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just my opinion : you overrate the value of fans and underate the value of guys who actually play oon the floor.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Home:
    Bulls 32-5
    Celtics 29-8
    Heat 28-10
    Spurs 33-4
    Lakers 28-8

Road
    Bulls 21-15
    Celtics 22-14
    Heat 23-13
    Spurs 24-13
    Lakers 25-12

I respectfully disagree. The records speak for themselves and I believe the advantage magnifies in the playoffs....especially for the younger guys. When we had home court, we won it all, at home. When we didn't, we lost game 7, on the road.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I copied and pasted your post to my thread Remember This Date, BandWagon Jumpers, because you are a bit late to the show, we could use your positive energy in mulitple ways on this board.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a1f8f3525-34f2-42ad-9d55-67e76043e986

Nice work!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

Thanks guys, i of course do see the importance of getting the highest seed possible but i just dont think it should come at the expense of our starters health. I also think that while resting our starters a bit, we could let the bench players develope some chemistry. I mean we just lost back to back home games, that should tell you we need more then home court ya know. Ya Rondowski i noticed i was a bit late on this, i just usually like to read and laugh at the negative dummies that instantly post we will get beat in the first round because we lost to a mediocre team. After a while though it gets a little ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I'll drink to this post....

but I doubt the haters will listen.....Some here just have a dislike for players that goes beyond their actual basketball skills'

When I started read this post, I almost cried plagerism...lol - thats how spot on it was to what me, R.R. Fierce and a few others have been trying to say.....I think we are overwhelmed with trolls who are suddenly finding friends in these fake celtics fans...(I dont like judging people fandom)  but this has got way out of hand...now we got guys saying they dont like rondo's personality, his smile...the way he walks....I mean , I though their was a show out already callled b-ball wives!  I guess guys aint cute enough to root for...lol

Im sticking with the team,. and I have been keeping track of the haters,,,so no worries.,.this place will be like a jungle in the playoffs, and I wont give any of them the time of day except to talk shyt to them....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I also dont buy the home court thing....The refs would have screwed us anyway no matter where we played, and last I checked the hoops are still 10 ft at home...so how would have playing at home gave us more rebounding??  Thats why we lost...not anything else

and yes...Health is most important....how can argue otherwise when this teams current downfall is injury related even going back to why Perk was traded...so I dont know why people want the # 1 seed....So Yaaah!  we got more home games..but the big 3 are on bench sucking wind...and exhausted!  how does that help?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just my opinion : Health is more important than seeding. They beat the Heat and Orl without home court and were 5 minutes from a championship but Ray couldn't throw the ball in the Ocean. They regained home court in that series. They could have played on Pluto in 08. They would not have been denied.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Celts were 3-9 on the road in the playoffs in '08, and 13-1 at home. How can you say there was no home court advantage. Last year was a little more even, but still only 5-7 on the road, and 9-3 at home. Do you not remember in '08 when they had to play game 7's against Atlanta and Cleveland because they were getting crushed on the road? If those game 7s weren't in Boston (esp the Cleveland game), there was no guarantee they even would have even made it to the Finals. And again, when it came down to it last year, they lost a game 6 and 7 on the road. And you can't tell me all those calls that went against us at the end of game 7 would have been different if that game was in Boston. We all know how the officiating works in the NBA.

I'm not saying if they dont' get the #1 seed, they have no shot. Actually, nothing would make me happier than watching the C's clinch on LA's floor. But, to say that it doesn't matter where they play I think is wrong. Agree to disagree I suppose. Time will tell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Excellent post, but you will find that most on this side do not have basketball understanding, just look at points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks guys, i of course do see the importance of getting the highest seed possible but i just dont think it should come at the expense of our starters health. I also think that while resting our starters a bit, we could let the bench players develope some chemistry. I mean we just lost back to back home games, that should tell you we need more then home court ya know. Ya Rondowski i noticed i was a bit late on this, i just usually like to read and laugh at the negative dummies that instantly post we will get beat in the first round because we lost to a mediocre team. After a while though it gets a little ridiculous.
    Posted by tekaronhiakha[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but at the same time I think those two losses had alot more to do with having no bigs, and the starters having to play so many games in so few days....back to backs....etc..which won't happen in the playoffs. I'm worried about having to win consecutive series against Miami, Chicago, and LA without having home court in any of those. I love our C's and I have lots of faith in them, but that's a tall order. That's all I'm saying.

I kinda feel like a troll on here, everyone is teaming up on me...lol. I just want us to win...I swear it! lol

Sections
Shortcuts