Just seems wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Just seems wrong

I know deep down that Doc is a stand-up guy and wants to do right by DA & Wyc, but doesn't it seem like a huge conflict of interest that Doc is talking to both sides during these trade negotiations?

Supposedly he has already told the Clipps to hold onto to Bledsoe and now he was around DA's office when the LA called to re-open negotiations yesterday, so what's to stop Doc from telling the Clipps what the C's are thinking regarding their compensation strategy and/or what they are planning to do with PP in the coming days as well?

He very well may be playing both sides but it's only human nature to favor the side that involves more of your future than your past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Just seems wrong

In response to wfdog's comment:

I know deep down that Doc is a stand-up guy and wants to do right by DA & Wyc, but doesn't it seem like a huge conflict of interest that Doc is talking to both sides during these trade negotiations?

Supposedly he has already told the Clipps to hold onto to Bledsoe and now he was around DA's office when the LA called to re-open negotiations yesterday, so what's to stop Doc from telling the Clipps what the C's are thinking regarding their compensation strategy and/or what they are planning to do with PP in the coming days as well?

He very well may be playing both sides but it's only human nature to favor the side that involves more of your future than your past.

oh yea..thats the rumor that he has been talking to both sides. He should be gone no matter what.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Imagine how other owners and GMs are viewing Docs antics... May think twice before hiring the incompetent, over rated & over paid coach

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Listen, I think everyone is looking at this in entirely the wrong light.

What if this entire thing is for KG. KG has more to give to basketball and he wants to contend. Danny loves KG but he must know that the window has closed for this current roster. Danny wants to rebuild. KG wants to keep playing, contend, but doesnt want to play for a new coach.  So now Doc is in a position where he essentially controls KG's destiny. Doc kinda wants a new gig, but more importantly wants to prolong KGs career by being his coach in LA.

TLDR: I think this has a lot more to do with KG than Doc

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

What if this entire thing is for KG. KG has more to give to basketball and he wants to contend. Danny loves KG but he must know that the window has closed for this current roster. Danny wants to rebuild. KG wants to keep playing, contend, but doesnt want to play for a new coach.  So now Doc is in a position where he essentially controls KG's destiny. Doc kinda wants a new gig, but more importantly wants to prolong KGs career by being his coach in LA.

I agree and I think that's why the league won't allow thre trade. The Clips aren't giving enough for just KG. The Clips are only willing to give Jordan & two picks for both KG and Doc. That's the problem!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree and I think that's why the league won't alow thre trade. The Clips aren't giving enough for just KG. The Clips are only willing to give Jordan & two picks for both KG and Doc. That's the problem!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I have been confounded by this for days thinking the same thing. How is KG only worth Jordan?  Crazy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

If that's the case, then why did DA sign KG & Doc to multi-year deals? Did DA make promises to both of them that he didn't fulfil and now he's making it right by dealing them to a contender?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

The deal could still get done, but one of two adjustments may need to be made:  the Celtics may need to offer more in the deal than just Garnett, with draft picks the most logical possibility; the Clippers, who have been attempting to give up just one first-round draft pick, may be allowed to give up less in the trade.  The real trade value of the 37-year-old is at the center of this discussion, as the idea that Boston could net two first-round draft picks and a respectable replacement in Jordan who is 13 years younger clearly doesn't calculate for league officials.  USA Today Sports

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Horse manure feathers!

Doc lusts after wants a new gig? Kinda??? You betcha!

And he'll be leaving his golden boy Rondo behind... who cries himself to sleep at night and gets ready to take the green weanie while doc is focused on  extending KG's career?

Doc is utterly selfish selfless to the core... at $7mil/year plus incentives... and lazy to boot

I'm nauseated touched.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Horse manurefeathers!

Doc lusts after wants a new gig? Kinda??? You betcha!

And he'll be leaving his golden boy Rondo behind... who cries himself to sleep at night and gets ready to take the green weanie while doc is focused on  extending KG's career?

Doc is utterly selfish selfless to the core... at $7mil/year plus incentives... and lazy to boot

I'm nauseated touched.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Doc just wants another job in another city.

Who cares?

It is so time to blow this team up. If Doc gets that and he wants to go someplace else that is cool with me.

It's amazing how worked up people get about stuff like this. It isn't any different then if an executive at Progressive goes to work for Geico.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

The league doesn't think KG is worth DJ and 2 picks, not the other way around.  As stupid, incorrect, and rediculous as that sounds.  If anyone is going to have to offer more, or take less, it's the Celtics.