just ship out GW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

just ship out GW!

GW and Melo for Pekovic(S&T)

GW and Melo to Cavs for Varejao and 1st rdpick

GW to kings for picks

GW to elsewhere

if detroit wants rondo:

rondo = drummond,knight and 1strd

or NO DEAL!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: just ship out GW!

Keep rondo until someone comes along with the right offer. No need to rush with him. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Keep Rondo. He is an allstar and a special player. Brandon Knight, yeah he's only 21, but that is not an allstar. Drummond, ... maybe, but he's still really raw. There are no guarentees. 

I think Danny would want Drummond and picks.

I think Rondo could be convinced to be a Celtic lifer, under the right circumstances. We need to go into next summer with a plan to get allstars around Rondo to get him to sign a 5 year, friendly contract extension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Pistons are not trading Drummond, according to reports.

So NO DEAL!

So why wouldn't you think Monroe and Knight to be adequate? I say it would be an excellent move if you consider that Rajon is presently recovering form his ACL and you can't be sure he will even be the same athlete when he returns, and his notorious rep as a malcontent isn't building value either. Is it really worth the risk to bring him to a team with a new coach and all of the new blood when you're not even guaranteed that this Rondo is able to do the things you all love about him? Think about sound business. Do a risk analysis and then say what you think is best. Don't just think best case scenario.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

what about shipping GW and melo to cavs for AV and 1st rd pick?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Pistons are not trading Drummond, according to reports.

So NO DEAL!

So why wouldn't you think Monroe and Knight to be adequate? I say it would be an excellent move if you consider that Rajon is presently recovering form his ACL and you can't be sure he will even be the same athlete when he returns, and his notorious rep as a malcontent isn't building value either. Is it really worth the risk to bring him to a team with a new coach and all of the new blood when you're not even guaranteed that this Rondo is able to do the things you all love about him? Think about sound business. Do a risk analysis and then say what you think is best. Don't just think best case scenario.........

MONROE AND STUCKEY, NOT MONROE AND KNIGHT.......DO IT TODAY !

THEN FLIP HUMPHRIES AND BASS FOR ASIK AND LIN......INSTANT KARMA ! 

CELTICS REBULD ON THE FLY AND WIN 45 GAMES , TRADE BOTH THEIR #1's ON DRAFT NIGHT TO MOVE UP INTO TOP 10 LIKE UTAH DID TO GET TREY BURKE...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Any trade with the Nets players we got will have to wait until September If we want to package them.

just send wallace elsewhere

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

A lot of this stuff doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective.  

The celtics need at least one player their base knows.  Rondo will sell tickets for us, and we will need that beyond trading him.  He is an exciting player, and fans will need to have some fun. I don't see him going for Drummond, even though its probably a good move for long term winning.

also, I think Danny will keep rondo to help reject the notion of tanking.

Lin will not be traded because he is key to the infrastructure remaining from the Yao Ming era. He's worth more to Houston than anyone else.  That's the reason he landed in Houston at a crazy cost. I may be prooved wrong though.  That's just a marketing perspective.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

Any trade with the Nets players we got will have to wait until September If we want to package them.

Thats the thing though...to where and who would take his contract? I hope we do. I rather keep Hump over GW

i think sending GW and Melo to cavs for Varejao and 1st rd pick will do. 

imagine with this lignup

Irving

Waiters

Wallace

Thompson

Bynum

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

vareajo is overpaid and injured even more than wallace

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

vareajo is overpaid and injured even more than wallace

yes but av has a team option by the end of his contract which happens to be next year.

so it could be a 1 year rental for verajao. much better?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Oh by all means keep the nutjob GW, not only is he crazy but he can score in bunches. Other teams will get injured by him and we might actually win with his physical toughness.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Oh by all means keep the nutjob GW, not only is he crazy but he can score in bunches. Other teams will get injured by him and we might actually win with his physical toughness.

hahah why not metta world peace?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In another word you believe that GW is a good player.If so why trade him.He will be our small forward.I think that he will be terric playing with Hondo.Go celtics

Thats the thing though...to where and who would take his contract? I hope we do. I rather keep Hump over GW

i think sending GW and Melo to cavs for Varejao and 1st rd pick will do. 

imagine with this lignup

Irving

Waiters

Wallace

Thompson

Bynum

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

You don't need to package them if dealing with Detroit.

Two trades ... Wallace for Knight and a 2014 2nd rounder and Rondo for Drummond and a 1st rounder in 2015 or 16'

and the cap space?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

no one wants Wallace, he is a stiff. 

he would be perceived as a liability during a trade. 

Trading Melo, a 2-3 year project, would be dumb, he has no value right now. 

here's a really wild idea: how about if the Celts keep Wallace, try to rejuvinate his career, and then trade him when his market value is significantly higher? 

would you sell your house before or after you had given it a paint job? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

no one wants Wallace, he is a stiff. 

he would be perceived as a liability during a trade. 

Trading Melo, a 2-3 year project, would be dumb, he has no value right now. 

here's a really wild idea: how about if the Celts keep Wallace, try to rejuvinate his career, and then trade him when his market value is significantly higher? 

would you sell your house before or after you had given it a paint job? 

along with jeff green? i dont think so

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts