just ship out GW!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: just ship out GW!

Wouldn't it be great to trade Wallace's and Humphs terrible contracts, maybe throw in some picks and get back two ageing HOFers who would both be off the books in two years?

Oh wait....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Seriously though it's gotten to the point where other GMs think that DA will just give anyone away.  They're all calling for Rondo because they think Danny is still bent over from Nets deal and can get something for nothing.  None are truly serious, hence the BS offers from Detriot.

I think they'll roll with what they have now, cut whoever they can and try to work some minimal trades to shave the roster.  Something like shav for a 2nd round pick.

I'd love to see them get rid of Humphs, Wallace, Bass, Lee, Crawford as much as anyone, but no other team is going to offer anything of substance for any of them.  Not until at least one of them shows some on-court value.

If we can't get a young prospect and a pick for Rondo, what makes anyone believe we can get that for any of these bums?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Seriously though it's gotten to the point where other GMs think that DA will just give anyone away.  They're all calling for Rondo because they think Danny is still bent over from Nets deal and can get something for nothing.  None are truly serious, hence the BS offers from Detriot.

I think they'll roll with what they have now, cut whoever they can and try to work some minimal trades to shave the roster.  Something like shav for a 2nd round pick.

I'd love to see them get rid of Humphs, Wallace, Bass, Lee, Crawford as much as anyone, but no other team is going to offer anything of substance for any of them.  Not until at least one of them shows some on-court value.

If we can't get a young prospect and a pick for Rondo, what makes anyone believe we can get that for any of these bums?

Says who?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

The best plan to move Wallace's contract is as follows...

Keep Wallace and play him at the 3 and 4 positions for 25 mins/gm. Hopefully he remains healthy and puts up 12ppg/7.5rpg with solid defense, good hustle, and displays a solid veteran presence on this young team.

Next, identify a team with playoff aspirations/locks who suffers an injury at the 3 or 4 position.

Lastly, call that team and make a deal for expiring contracts/trade exceptions/2nd round pick.

Of course - if he gets hurt than this plan goes out the window.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

Says who?

Says the rest of the League.

If we could get a good prospect and a 1st round pick he would be gone right now.  So far Detroit has suggested he is worth a below average young point guard and a bad contract.  That's where his value is and will stay until he gets on the court and proves he can still play after the injury.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Says who?

If we could get a good prospect and a 1st round pick he would be gone right now.  So far Detroit has suggested he is worth a below average young point guard and a bad contract.  That's where his value is and will stay until he gets on the court and proves he can still play after the injury.

We don't really know what were the trade propositions but what kind of a deal did you expect for an injured player?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Says who?

We don't really know what were the trade propositions but what kind of a deal did you expect for an injured player?

I don't expect any deal. That was my point.  We seem to be in agreement that Rondo's value is lowered right now due to his injury.

What I'm saying is that if we aren't getting offers for a decent young prospect and picks for Rondo why are people suggesting that Humps or Wallace will bring those offers.  I've seen suggestions that we could get Asik for Humphries, and Gerald Henderson for Wallace, HA! Good luck!

Humphries, Wallace, Lee, Bass, Brooks, even Rondo all took steps BACK last year.  All have less value than they did the prior year.  All had worse stats then the year before so we are STUCK with them until they get on the court and prove that they don't suck.

Thats my point.  The cavalry isn't coming, this is the team we will unfortunately have to watch, at least until the trade deadline.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Wouldn't it be great to trade Wallace's and Humphs terrible contracts, maybe throw in some picks and get back two ageing HOFers who would both be off the books in two years?

Oh wait....

Nice!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Keep Wallace, Humphries, Lee, Bass, etc....

They are decent backups, and no one is going to take their contracts until they are close to running out.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts