Just Want To Introduce Myself

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Just Want To Introduce Myself

Welcome to the board Eddie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Welcome Eddie

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Welcome, my man!  Glad to have you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Welcome, I live in Texas also and have been a celtics fan since Cousey.  I was in Houston last week with my grandson at Texas Children's Hospital.  The traffic was thick.  I would like to hear how you think Doc should use West when he comes back at the end of this month?  It is an exciting time with the return of Rondo, KG, Perk, and West in the near future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Maryngary,

Thanks for your post. It's nice to see another Celtics fan living in Texas. Like you said, it will be exciting to see the return of KG, Perk and West. That will really strenghten their front and back court, giving them more options, and making them the deepest team in the East, if not the NBA.

With regard to DWest, he will be a very good asset since he could be used as a PG or a SG. DWest is like Rondo and Robinson put together. You get two in, since he can compliment their weaknesses. He can handle the ball, he can shoot the 2's and the 3's, he plays good defense, he can shoot free throws, and he can pass the ball. He can rebound the ball, and he loves to block shots from behind. So DWest can be a very good asset to Boston.

So I believe Doc will be glad to see DWest back in their rotation since he is a good ball handler and can also shoot the ball. But I think he will definitely come in to relieve Rondo at the point while Robinson relieves Ray. But while Doc loves to play DWest and Robinson together, he also has the privilege of playing DWest and Rondo together, Rondo playing the point while DWest plays the shooting guard. 

It will be interesting and exciting when everyone is back. Like I said earlier, they will be the deepest team in the East, if not the NBA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Love You All"

Welcome Eddie, seems like you'll be a welcome voice here. Unfortunately, you're going to find that you won't love all in this forum. In addition to a (fortunately) small smattering of Lakers trolls, we have a bunch of "concern" trolls who are homer fans who are either trolls or borderline trolls. Runrunrun hates the team for reasons that could get me banned trying to explain, many other of the regulars seem to have it in for one player on the team they can't stand (and are always posting distracting threads about trading said player). There are the Baby haters, the Shaq haters, the Perk haters (lots of those), the JON haters (lots of those), the Sheed haters (yes, they're still mad at him for last season), the Pierce-is-way-better-than-Allen-no-Allen-is-way-better-than-Pierce dudes that fight it out all the time, the Doc Rivers haters, the Ainge haters, and oh yes, let's not forget the Rondo haters, perhaps the most annoying of the group. 

As it turns out, there are very few fans in there that enjoy rooting for this imperfect but exciting team as a whole without hating on someone. And since they all disagree on who is the most flawed player, there is constant ridiculous bickering. 

If you can stand that, every now and then a really good discussion breaks out. :)