just what i thought! Ray is better than pierce

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: just what i thought! Ray is better than pierce

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ainge shouldnt let ray just walk away, he is in better shape than Pierce!

Pierce should be the one that had been in trade rumors not allen.

Lebron-Ray looks so scary!

he is a clutch player ever, i'd rather pick ray all day than having pierce.

Miami could win this one all the way because of allen's threees

Allen is a better scorer than D wade as of today.

Rondo-Allen-KG is better than Rondo-Pierce-KG 

just for my insights.

[/QUOTE]

For the moment you are right, but I remember the last two years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Let's see how Ray looks after 82+ games on those surgically repaired ankles! 

If Ray and D-Wade breakdown, the Heat are in trouble! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

allen shoots over 50%FG and 3pt FG,  13ppg off the bench, much less turnovers per game

compared to pierce and terry.

Pierce scores 19 ppg because he does more attempts than Allen.

Now ainge is in trouble because of that,

Pierce should be traded after 2010 finals

[/QUOTE]
    Ray didn't want to remain with Boston.  It doesn't matter what you believe as a Celtics fan.  Danny did what he could to resign Ray, (offering him a significant amount and a no-trade clause).  I really dislike Ray for his decision to sign with Miami.  Also all of his negative comments about the Celtics organization.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i dont think so, because ray doesnt move a lot, and you know that he knows how to take care of himself since then. Ray isnt a Nash-like, He is more like jason Kidd 

[/QUOTE]

True, but playing heavy minutes combined with his pre-game ritual (non-stop jump shots 2 to 3 hours prior to each game) will eventually take its toll on those ankles!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Ray is and always was a HOF player. He is playing better than Paul right now and often Paul played better, etc., when they were on the same team. The Cs do miss Ray; he's bigger and better than any 2 guard they have now. But as Susan250 says, he wanted out of here and "he gone" (Hawke Harrolson).

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Ainge shouldnt let ray just walk away, he is in a better shape than Pierce!

Allen is the better scorer compared to D wade as of today.

just for my insights.

[/QUOTE]

Did you not miss them struggling with the Spurs last night who started their bench?!?!? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Maybe RA is a better clutch shooter than PP. But, at this point, he's much worse on defense than PP and he, unlike PP, can not create his own shot.

As for keeping him in Boston, Danny and Doc did everything they could but as we all know, he desided to leave....

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Ainge shouldnt let ray just walk away, he is in a better shape than Pierce!

Allen is the better scorer compared to D wade as of today.

just for my insights.

[/QUOTE]

Miami won last year and we had Ray.  but if Miami wins this year it will be because they have Ray.  Interesting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of surgically repaired ankles, how are Paul's after this....

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/video_jameer_nelson_breaks_paul_pierces_ankle_into_a_million_pieces/12305239

ROTFLMAO!!!

Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

Much better than Mitch's ego! Lakers to pay Mike Brown's salary for the next several years!

Thanks Mitch!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I saw some of the game last night and Ray looked really good with the ball in his hands on offense and decent on defense. He is still more than just a three point gunner (the best ever) and I for one wish he had remained on the Celtics because they would be a better team with him.  Ray drove to the basket and made plays when he was covered; I don't know what game you were watching.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw some of the game last night and Ray looked really good with the ball in his hands on offense and decent on defense. He is still more than just a three point gunner (the best ever) and I for one wish he had remained on the Celtics because they would be a better team with him.  Ray drove to the basket and made plays when he was covered; I don't know what game you were watching.

[/QUOTE]

Ray is getting wide open due to the two reasons above.  Wade and James it is that simple that is why he took three million.  For the glory of putting up numbers on a team where he would not be guarded carefully.  Ray did not get faster, or better on defense, he is allowed the privilege of roaming and taking chances  Three million for three years, he did it for a reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Ray is getting wide open due to the two reasons above.  Wade and James it is that simple that is why he took three million.  For the glory of putting up numbers on a team where he would not be guarded carefully.  Ray did not get faster, or better on defense, he is allowed the privilege of roaming and taking chances  Three million for three years, he did it for a reason.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe RA got tired of the glory of being doubled by R9R's man.

That was never, ever fair to expect Ray to produce at a high level with his mileage playing against an extra defender.

Yet he did as well as could be expected... and some.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe RA got tired of the glory of being doubled by R9R's man.

That was never, ever fair to expect Ray to produce at a high level with his mileage playing against an extra defender.

Yet he did as well as could be expected... and some.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Ray produced better with Boston then he has thusfar with Miami.  He played more minutes and took more shots.

As always...what are you talking about?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Again, I watched the game. He beat his man off the dribble and went to the hoop and made plays. Yes, at other times he was left open and  took shots (or passed).  If his ankles give out the Celtics come out better without him; otherwise it is obvious it is a net loss. And, I like Lee who I think will improve and brings a good all around game that is slowly coming around in the Celtics system. But Ray is  a HOFer, and playing (not just shooting) quite well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

Again, I watched the game. He beat his man off the dribble and went to the hoop and made plays. Yes, at other times he was left open and  took shots (or passed).  If his ankles give out the Celtics come out better without him; otherwise it is obvious it is a net loss. And, I like Lee who I think will improve and brings a good all around game that is slowly coming around in the Celtics system. But Ray is  a HOFer, and playing (not just shooting) quite well.

[/QUOTE]

For you to say he is a future HOF'er is fine. To say he has a good all round game wasn't true when he was here let alone in Miami.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

allen shoots over 50%FG and 3pt FG,  13ppg off the bench, much less turnovers per game

compared to pierce and terry.

Pierce scores 19 ppg because he does more attempts than Allen.

Now ainge is in trouble because of that,

Pierce should be traded after 2010 finals

[/QUOTE]
    Ray didn't want to remain with Boston.  It doesn't matter what you believe as a Celtics fan.  Danny did what he could to resign Ray, (offering him a significant amount and a no-trade clause).  I really dislike Ray for his decision to sign with Miami.  Also all of his negative comments about the Celtics organization.  

[/QUOTE]

Ray has been bashed over and over by Danny and Rondo.   He responded by leaving and bashing them.  Danny only offered a 1 year no trade by the way and did so only after trying to trade Ray every year.   I don't blame Ray.

That being said, Ray is gone and while I agree with TheBigTicket that Ray is better than Terry and Lee (not necessarily Pierce), we have to move on.   Ray is going to shine in Miami and all the haters are going to have to live with it.   When we get Bradley back, we'll all be happy with what we have at guard.  The issue we'll have will be our big men and their lack of rebounding, not missing Ray.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For you to say he is a future HOF'er is fine. To say he has a good all round game wasn't true when he was here let alone in Miami.

[/QUOTE]

You have to watch the games, man.  Ray was playing decent defense, going off the pick and roll, making good passes, and taking his man.  It wasn't just stand around and shoot a 3.   Its the way we should have used him once he got healthy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have to watch the games, man.  Ray was playing decent defense, going off the pick and roll, making good passes, and taking his man.  It wasn't just stand around and shoot a 3.   Its the way we should have used him once he got healthy!

[/QUOTE]

Ray is still a very good player.  But he isn't the difference between Boston and Miami.  He proved that last year.