just what i thought! Ray is better than pierce

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: just what i thought! Ray is better than pierce

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You have to watch the games, man.  Ray was playing decent defense, going off the pick and roll, making good passes, and taking his man.  It wasn't just stand around and shoot a 3.   Its the way we should have used him once he got healthy!

Ray is still a very good player.  But he isn't the difference between Boston and Miami.  He proved that last year.

BINGO!!!

Who said he was thediffernce between Miami and Boston? That's off the point. The issue was simply whether he was paying well and doing more than just standing in the corner shooting 3's and he is- no denying it

celts not being as good as Miami is a completely different matter!

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Yes, he would have made a difference. He's playing well and he and Paul had a recent history of playing well in spurts; so yeah, this year so far with Ray the Celts likely would have had a couple more Ws with Ray in there. But it is moot and now I'm cheering for the team we have to develop and for Lee to get more confidence, etc. I won't be at the Garden but if I went I would boo the sheet out of Ray. Same goes for KG, none of these veterans have the gas to play consistently well all season long.  Hopefully Ray goes deep into a valley and stops helping Miami, but so far this year, he's looking good.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

I saw some of the game last night and Ray looked really good with the ball in his hands on offense and decent on defense. He is still more than just a three point gunner (the best ever) and I for one wish he had remained on the Celtics because they would be a better team with him.  Ray drove to the basket and made plays when he was covered; I don't know what game you were watching.

Ive seen him several times and you are right, they allow him to do more than what the Cs seem to.  With the Cs it was corner to corner and hope for an opent shot and that is because Rondo would only give him the ball in those situations for the most part.  I will say this that not having that 3 point threat has hurt the Cs offense.  Terry doesnt seem to blend at all well with Rondo yet and who knows when he will if ever.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I saw some of the game last night and Ray looked really good with the ball in his hands on offense and decent on defense. He is still more than just a three point gunner (the best ever) and I for one wish he had remained on the Celtics because they would be a better team with him.  Ray drove to the basket and made plays when he was covered; I don't know what game you were watching.

Ive seen him several times and you are right, they allow him to do more than what the Cs seem to.  With the Cs it was corner to corner and hope for an opent shot and that is because Rondo would only give him the ball in those situations for the most part.  I will say this that not having that 3 point threat has hurt the Cs offense.  Terry doesnt seem to blend at all well with Rondo yet and who knows when he will if ever.

Terry if you have seen the games is not the problem with this team.  Pierce, Green, Lee, etc.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I will not say Ray is better than Pierce.  I will also not say Pierce is the problem with the team.  Green has been bad, Lee has been bad, Bass is up and down, as is Sully.  Even the Jet has been inconsistent..............but I am keeping the faith.  And hopefully we can add that one big we need to get to the ECF and beat MIA!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Pierce was not a free agent, Ray was. That ruins the whole premise of this wasted thread of yours.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:

Ainge shouldnt let ray just walk away, he is in a better shape than Pierce!

Pierce should be the one that had been in trade rumors not allen.

Lebron-Ray looks so scary!

he is a clutch player ever, i'd rather pick ray all day than having pierce.

Miami could win this one all the way because of allen's threees

Allen is the better scorer compared to D wade as of today.

Rondo-Allen-KG is better than Rondo-Pierce-KG 

just for my insights.

Would you have paid hi 9 million...??6 million??3 million???

• You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Terry if you have seen the games is not the problem with this team.  Pierce, Green, Lee, etc.

I didnt say he was the problem if so show me where.  What I said was that Terry doesnt seem to blend well with this offense so far.... he barely gets shots when he is in and he is arguably their best shooter....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Ainge shouldnt let ray just walk away, he is in a better shape than Pierce!

Pierce should be the one that had been in trade rumors not allen.

Lebron-Ray looks so scary!

he is a clutch player ever, i'd rather pick ray all day than having pierce.

Miami could win this one all the way because of allen's threees

Allen is the better scorer compared to D wade as of today.

Rondo-Allen-KG is better than Rondo-Pierce-KG 

just for my insights.

It's Rondo's fault, the stubborn hot head frustrated Ray so much, he went to the Heats.

You made great points.

And yes Lebron/Ray is scary.  They have connected for 4 clutch plays already.   Lebron obviously knew how each of them would benefit from the other: Lebron now has more room to operate, and Ray gets more open looks.  Having the best 3 pt shooter in NBA history roaming around out there is a luxury Lebron has never enjoyed before.   That's why during the summer, Lebron and the Heats could have targeted others, including big men,  but the Heats and Lebron wanted Ray Allen, because they knew Ray is a difference maker, and Lebron wanted to play with Ray instead of anyone else, because he knew Ray would be the perfect fit for what Lebron and the Heats needed.  And thus far, he is completely correct.  Ray is something "SPECIAL" no one can shoot the ball quite as well, or as clutch, and Lebron recognized this fact and wanted Ray Allen more than other players that were available.  

The Heats nation love Ray.  They even started a Ray Allen appreciation page on their Miami Heats board...lol. It's the kind of love and appreciation he never got in Boston..another reason why he left...to many haters. 

Some people, for whatever reasons, have been hating on Ray since he arrived in Boston, and have been Ray Allen haters for like 5 years now, and even when he has left, these individuals still follow him around just to hate.    I mean I can understand fans of Ray following and watching his games, but why do haters continue to follow him around just to hate.   It's quite strange and a little alarming I have to say.

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Ray is getting wide open due to the two reasons above.  Wade and James it is that simple that is why he took three million.  For the glory of putting up numbers on a team where he would not be guarded carefully.  Ray did not get faster, or better on defense, he is allowed the privilege of roaming and taking chances  Three million for three years, he did it for a reason.

Maybe RA got tired of the glory of being doubled by R9R's man.

That was never, ever fair to expect Ray to produce at a high level with his mileage playing against an extra defender.

Yet he did as well as could be expected... and some.

Pud

• LOL.  Exactly correct.  Even MJ would have struggled playing with Rondo.   

It just shows how special Ray is to have been able to produce at and allstar level playing with ball hog rondo.

... The Cs do miss Ray; he's bigger and better than any 2 guard they have now....

The haters will never admit it...they will say "trade Lee" instead.

allen shoots over 50%FG and 3pt FG,  13ppg off the bench, much less turnovers per game

compared to pierce and terry.

Pierce scores 19 ppg because he does more attempts than Allen.

Now ainge is in trouble because of that,

Pierce should be traded after 2010 finals

Ray is like a bird finally set free from the cage of Doc and Rondo.

Did you see Ray dribble between his legs multiple times to shake his defender--then pulling up and stick a jumper right in his mug in the most recent game?   He is also attacking the basket more and going to the foul line.  It's nice when the pg actually passes the ball.

Wow, this thread is full of people with excellent observational skills.  Another poster with excellent points.  Great job.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

Ill take paul pierce any day againts ray allen..We know allen as a great shooter but pierce can create his own play to score not like allen waiting for the ball then take shot..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Paul is the better penetrator, ball handler, rebounder, defender and passer. The only thing ray does better is shoot, and he does that better than EVERY player in the nba.  Dumb topic.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The title of the thread should be Allen is better than Terry.

That's worth discussing.

• Sections
    Shortcuts