just what i thought! Ray is better than pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: just what i thought! Ray is better than pierce

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

The title of the thread should be Allen is better than Terry.

That's worth discussing.

Not really, you'd still be comparing apples and oranges. Ray is in an ideal situation in Miami (for him). Terry's in Boston and trying to get more than 5 shots a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:

Ainge shouldnt let ray just walk away, he is in a better shape than Pierce!

Pierce should be the one that had been in trade rumors not allen.

Lebron-Ray looks so scary!

he is a clutch player ever, i'd rather pick ray all day than having pierce.

Miami could win this one all the way because of allen's threees

Allen is the better scorer compared to D wade as of today.

Rondo-Allen-KG is better than Rondo-Pierce-KG 

just for my insights.

It's Rondo's fault, the stubborn hot head frustrated Ray so much, he went to the Heats.

You made great points.

And yes Lebron/Ray is scary.  They have connected for 4 clutch plays already.   Lebron obviously knew how each of them would benefit from the other: Lebron now has more room to operate, and Ray gets more open looks.  Having the best 3 pt shooter in NBA history roaming around out there is a luxury Lebron has never enjoyed before.   That's why during the summer, Lebron and the Heats could have targeted others, including big men,  but the Heats and Lebron wanted Ray Allen, because they knew Ray is a difference maker, and Lebron wanted to play with Ray instead of anyone else, because he knew Ray would be the perfect fit for what Lebron and the Heats needed.  And thus far, he is completely correct.  Ray is something "SPECIAL" no one can shoot the ball quite as well, or as clutch, and Lebron recognized this fact and wanted Ray Allen more than other players that were available.  

The Heats nation love Ray.  They even started a Ray Allen appreciation page on their Miami Heats board...lol. It's the kind of love and appreciation he never got in Boston..another reason why he left...to many haters. 

Some people, for whatever reasons, have been hating on Ray since he arrived in Boston, and have been Ray Allen haters for like 5 years now, and even when he has left, these individuals still follow him around just to hate.    I mean I can understand fans of Ray following and watching his games, but why do haters continue to follow him around just to hate.   It's quite strange and a little alarming I have to say.

Excellent post

Rays in a much better system for himself.. no more running ragged around screens and being looked off 1/2 the time he did get open cause there was/is a grudge going on btw Ray and hof PG....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

just for my insights.

It's Rondo's fault, the stubborn hot head frustrated Ray so much, he went to the Heats.

You made great points.

And yes Lebron/Ray is scary.  They have connected for 4 clutch plays already.   Lebron obviously knew how each of them would benefit from the other: Lebron now has more room to operate, and Ray gets more open looks.  Having the best 3 pt shooter in NBA history roaming around out there is a luxury Lebron has never enjoyed before.   That's why during the summer, Lebron and the Heats could have targeted others, including big men,  but the Heats and Lebron wanted Ray Allen, because they knew Ray is a difference maker, and Lebron wanted to play with Ray instead of anyone else, because he knew Ray would be the perfect fit for what Lebron and the Heats needed.  And thus far, he is completely correct.  Ray is something "SPECIAL" no one can shoot the ball quite as well, or as clutch, and Lebron recognized this fact and wanted Ray Allen more than other players that were available.  

The Heats nation love Ray.  They even started a Ray Allen appreciation page on their Miami Heats board...lol. It's the kind of love and appreciation he never got in Boston..another reason why he left...to many haters. 

Some people, for whatever reasons, have been hating on Ray since he arrived in Boston, and have been Ray Allen haters for like 5 years now, and even when he has left, these individuals still follow him around just to hate.    I mean I can understand fans of Ray following and watching his games, but why do haters continue to follow him around just to hate.   It's quite strange and a little alarming I have to say.

Good post, Darkman.  I especially agree about the haters.   The guy is a great community/charitable guy, tireless worker, did what the team asked even though he disagreed, a solid family man who manages his money, and great performer who played hurt (he could have opted for surgery late in the season but he played hurt instead) and who hit countless big shots for the Celtics.  For that, he was criticized severely and hated because he was supposed to have loyalty to a GM who clearly had no loyalty to him.  I want to kick Miami's butt but I will always cheer for a classy guy like Ray.

And yes, he's way better than Terry and Lee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

just for my insights.

You made great points.

Good post, Darkman.  I especially agree about the haters.   The guy is a great community/charitable guy, tireless worker, did what the team asked even though he disagreed, a solid family man who manages his money, and great performer who played hurt (he could have opted for surgery late in the season but he played hurt instead) and who hit countless big shots for the Celtics.  For that, he was criticized severely and hated because he was supposed to have loyalty to a GM who clearly had no loyalty to him.  I want to kick Miami's butt but I will always cheer for a classy guy like Ray.

I can agree with your first paragraph.  The second part I don't agree with.  He is not "way better" than Terry and Lee.  Not sure how much you have watched Terry,  but living in the DFW area I have watched him a lot.  I have seen him knock down crunch time shots time after time.  Over their careers, yes I would say Ray is better than Terry.  At this point in time I would say they are about even,  with Terry being a lot faster and being able to create his shots easier. (and younger)

Lee  is young and hustles 5 times more than Ray and a lot of other guys as well.  He may not be better than Ray but he gives it a lot of effort each game.  Over the long haul Lee is a upgrade. I will take someone that gives 110% everytime on my team.

We say last year after the first month of the season Ray started off just like this year and as the year went along he got worst and was not as healthy. Ray looks better because of Wade and Lebron.  Period.  Hell Battier and Mike Miller looked like Allstars in the playoffs last year. Am I hating on Ray?  No.  I liked Ray and wish we still had him but he would rather come off the bench in Miami instead of Boston.  Ray did a lot of good things and I had a lot better perception of him before he left than after.  No Ray wasn't a angel in all this either.  He was offered more money,  no trade, etc and turned it down.

Each has their own opinion and thats OK.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

just for my insights.

You made great points.

I can agree with your first paragraph.  The second part I don't agree with.  He is not "way better" than Terry and Lee.  Not sure how much you have watched Terry,  but living in the DFW area I have watched him a lot.  I have seen him knock down crunch time shots time after time.  Over their careers, yes I would say Ray is better than Terry.  At this point in time I would say they are about even,  with Terry being a lot faster and being able to create his shots easier. (and younger)

Lee  is young and hustles 5 times more than Ray and a lot of other guys as well.  He may not be better than Ray but he gives it a lot of effort each game.  Over the long haul Lee is a upgrade. I will take someone that gives 110% everytime on my team.

We say last year after the first month of the season Ray started off just like this year and as the year went along he got worst and was not as healthy. Ray looks better because of Wade and Lebron.  Period.  Hell Battier and Mike Miller looked like Allstars in the playoffs last year. Am I hating on Ray?  No.  I liked Ray and wish we still had him but he would rather come off the bench in Miami instead of Boston.  Ray did a lot of good things and I had a lot better perception of him before he left than after.  No Ray wasn't a angel in all this either.  He was offered more money,  no trade, etc and turned it down.

Each has their own opinion and thats OK.

Lee isnt even included here, Terry is good but in crunch time, dagger threees?? Allen of course is the better one, quick release by ray allen is more difficult to defend than terry's form and Terry is a 6'2 guy other SG 6'3 and above might easily challenge terry's shot

did you see how allen create himself to have more open shots?

It doesnt matter if they double teamed lebron or wade, because if that so then they will just use miller or battier, but its not.. ray moves without the ball thats different. He's even driving the lane towards the basket

Ray is 37 and can't get his shot. He is now on a team where he gets wide open shots and can even  drive to the basket when half the team is on the other side of the court on Lebron, Wade, or Bosh.   He took three million for three years so he could play in an offense that allowed him to be uncovered for the most part.  This is obvious if you watch the games rather than the highlights.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Ray had another great game tonight.   He even battled and got physical inside with the bigs, gave them a couple of shoves that had them on their behinds...something he was not allowed to do in Boston.  He was a +14 highest tonight and continue to lead the Heats in scoring in the 4th and continue to be difference maker for the heats.  The Heats, media and miami fans have all stated that Ray has played a huge role in several wins for the Heats already.   

He looks a lot more like the Ray Allen from old before Doc and Rondo handicaped him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

When I've seen Ray play he can beat guys off the dribble when covered one-on-one and often creates a turnover when caught in a trap. So, to say, "he can't get his shot" I think means that he can't beat a trap or double coverage like Dirty Wade, LeBron can. And, now Paul and even Kobe seem to have lost the step to beat double coverage. But Ray Allen can get by players when not doubled, so to that extent he can create his shot.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts