JVG comment says it all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JVG comment says it all

During the first half of last nights game 3, JVG noticed defensively sagging off the guards and packing the lane, showing no respect for their perimeter shooting... and commented that they're playing as if Rajon Rondo was on the court.

and some wonder why KG doesnt post up more or we have virtually no post up game. Rondo has no respect around the league as an even average shooter.... its also one of the reasons Rondo pounds the ball forever while the clock runs down... the defense is packed in and eliminating a huge amount of space where the easiest baskets come from.

Lets hope DA finally has an epiphany about this guy and gets rid of Rondo to some starry eyed team looking to sell season tickets to its naive fans... Maybe we can get something for him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: JVG comment says it all

More negativity huh?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

Rondo may not be a great shooter but he is still able to penetrate, get 10+ assists and shoot at 50% along with being a pretty good rebounder. Rondo may not be perfect but he is a pretty good PG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Rondo really isn't as bad a perimeter shooter as people think.  He can't shoot the 3 at all, but he's really not all that bad inside the arc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Rondo really isn't as bad a perimeter shooter as people think.  He can't shoot the 3 at all, but he's really not all that bad inside the arc.

+1

People just need to see some of Rondo's shooting stats. He's efficient.

But he really needs to work on his freethrow shooting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I also heard the Rondo commentary and I laughed a bit, shook my head, sighed... and then ignored it. It was probably one of the best finals game I have seen in a while. Didn't have the time to get pissed off about Rondo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You must have your head REALLY DEEP up your arrse if you ignore the fact that Rondo was leading in FG% at times this year before the ACL injury ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i think part of rondo's problems with his outside shot are simply his lack of confidence. when he gets loose and allows himself to shoot, he's OK. but i think he outthinks himself at times and lets doubt about his shooting creep in. that's when we see him passing up wide open looks. so, yeah, he's not the best shooter, but he's not as bad as people like to say either. if we had someone at the 2 who could spread the floor like RA once did for us, we'd be better off. with rondo on the floor, you definitely need a 2 and a 3 who can shoot lights out. i think we have that at the 3 in green. we just need a 2 to compliment them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

or trade rondo. i don't care either way, as long as we get better. lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo against this team Miami was the most dangerous opponent they faced last year, they are terrified of him.  He shot the lights out when it counted and only the refs could save them in game 2 last year.  Rondo is a much better shooter now and can make teams who lay off him pay.  The comment he can't shoot is absurd.  Is it the best part of his game no,  but the guy has many weapons and shooting is no longer the liability it was.

The hatred of Rondo is a level of insanity. This team is old and needs guys who can play in the frontcourt.  Rondo is not the problem.  He is smart and can adjust.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Who the hell  is JVG?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jeff Van Gundy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

plus, i wouldn't put an ounce of credibility behind anything van gundy says. he's an idiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Ah ... one of  those former coaches who  is a commentator for a reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

"... Rondo has no respect around the league as an even average shooter.... its also one of the reasons Rondo pounds the ball forever while the clock runs down... ...."

I wonder how Rondo managed to be ahead of Lebron in 3x2 in playoffs with the above?

AK

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

We all know that Rondo is not a good shooter and that he excels in other areas.

Dont' we?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If you do not see a difference in Rondo's shooting the last year and a half you have not been watching.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

This is just Karl advertising JVG. 

According to Karl, he wants JVG to replace Doc Rivers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How many jobs are available in the NBA?  Even JVG should be able to get one.  The guys has been out of work for how many years?  That tells you a lot about his standing as a coach.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Rondo has improved to become an adequate jump shooter at this point, (which for him is a major improvment) now hes got work on ft shooting and extending to 3 pt range. 

To rondos credit he doesnt force the jumper he takes it when he needs to thats why his fg% is always amongst the highest. Id rather have a guy who doesnt force jumpers and knows his limitations than a chucker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

We all know that Rondo is not a good shooter and that he excels in other areas.

Dont' we?

Apparently, some need to hear it from a TV commentator to make it real.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts