JVG comment says it all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: JVG comment says it all

In response to R9R's comment:

You must have your head REALLY DEEP up your arrse if you ignore the fact that Rondo was leading in FG% at times this year before the ACL injury ...

Bingo. Rondo from the midrange was the best shooting point guard in the league this year. 

And to say Rondo has no respect is just dumb.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Does this mean the Miami will trade Lebrains because ....

The Spurs are taking away LeBron’s penetration. They’re giving him a ton of open jumpers. But he isn’t making them.

The ugly stats:

• About 46% of LeBron’s shots this year came at the rim. In the Finals, about 32% of his shots so far have come at the rim.
    • During the season he averaged 7 free-throw attempts per game. In the Finals, he’s taken 6 total free throws in three games.
    • He’s 6-for-30 on shots outside the paint in this series
    • During the season he shot 36% from 3-point range. In the Finals, he’s shooting 23%

Lets compare these to Rondo's stats...he is hooting .643 against the heat...In the playoffs is .445 fg% .277 3pts% and .277 ft%..and he IS improving..I see him as a young Jason Kidd..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1186324-rajon-rondo-shooting-improving-for-the-boston-celtics

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html#all_playoffs_totals

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sorry is shooting .647 ft%...not .277...my bad...with .696 2011-2012..which means he is improving on his fts also...for those that claimed Rondo does not work on his shooting in the off season...I feel he is just starting to hit his peak years...

Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully makes for a very good core to build around...

These guys can all play defense..with the exception of Rondo learning to stay in front of his man..

He must stop pounding the ball and stay in front of his man...

Otherwise, he will be gone....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JVG is a professional NBA basketball analyst and former NBA head coach.. he says they were sagging off defensively last night as if Rondo had the ball... implying its well known Rondo commands no respect for his shooting..

After JVGs comment, nobody questioned him about that statement, nobody expressed surprise such a statement was made... it was just taken in stride as a matter of fact by everyone.... everyone except the Rondo cheerleaders on BDC

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

JVG is a professional NBA basketball analyst and former NBA head coach.. he says they were sagging off defensively last night as if Rondo had the ball... implying its well known Rondo commands no respect for his shooting..

After JVGs comment, nobody questioned him about that statement, nobody expressed surprise such a statement was made... it was just taken in stride as a matter of fact by everyone.... everyone except the Rondo cheerleaders on BDC

JVC committed what's known as a gaff.

A gaff is a moment of candor amid product hype when a knowlegeable person says something that's common wisdom but when spoken aloud, doesn't sell product.... in this case for example....  the adidas Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo Swingman Road Jersey available for ONLY 89.99 to 99.99 at the NBA store.

Similar to product below: 

Shame on JVG for talking down NBA product, already purchased... as well as yet to be purchased product.

How thoughtless that such talk raises dissatisfaction levels among those who have previously purchased NBA product like the jersey above and now feel TOTALLY ripped off.

For those wanting a deal, the following pre-owned jersey is now for sale on ebay for $9.99.

And reads... "You are bidding on a Rajon Rondo Addidas Boston Celtics Jersey Authentic size XXL. This item was only worn a few times and it is in excellent condition. It is a great addition to any Celtics fan and can retail for over $100! Best of luck bidding!"

Nothing like a bargain... and, BTW, thanks... JVG.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So let me see if I have this correct: Rondo is not a good shooter from the perimeter. Wow, that Van Gundy is brilliant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The problem is not that Rondo is a poor shooter.

The problem is that Rondo won't shoot.

He would rather pad his assists stats.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

did jvg really watch the ecf last year when rondo was so hot and leading the c's in terms of scoring? probably a mvp candidate though

game 2 ECF(2012)

44pts 10ast  8rebs

16-24 fg, 2-2 3pt fg, 10-12 ft

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

More negativity huh?

isn't it time that after 7 years of beloved precious rajon getting a free ride that we recognize that HIS potential IN BOSTON is never going to translate into "actual accomplishments"?

and it's not all rondo's fault.  ainge handled him stupidly starting his rookie year and then doc proceeded to not coach him at all as if there were any consequences to ANYTHING bad, stupid or sandbagging that rondo ever did as a celtic.....

it's pretty well cemented in the history of the league that this much coddling to transform an explosive, potential MVP type player into a ball pounding bore is never then followed up by a sudden RENAISSANCE (you know, rondo playing like "i finally get it!") while WITH THE SAME TEAM.

put the kid gloves back on one more time and get rondo playing as well as he can and then trade him.  when he SUCKS for another team just like he did as the ball stalling, rock pounding, non-shooting, inconsistent presence on defense that always beleaguered this team then you'll see what we're saying.

remember, rajon is owed 25 million the next two years, so he can spend at least 1 1/2 years of those 2 years remaining a dissident rod strickland type personality who is aloof and uninspired-unless-it's-the-last-ten-games or playoffs.  and the "i'm really going to try for the playoffs" trick is not going to work with any other team either.

you are talking MAJORLY and LONG TERM engrained horrible basketball behaviors.  this is not a young player any more.  this is a business above all and rondo is NOT worth 12m and 13m this year and next and then the QUANDRY / CONUNDRUM of "would you like to take a pay cut because you stink?" is not a question we should be asking the then 29 year old rondo.  leave that whole mess to someone else.

personally i hope rondo proves me wrong and shows that once traded to another team with different mentality GM and coaches (and this new joe blow young guy coach for the C's is NOT the one to shake rondo back to reality) that he actually becomes the player he should be.  i have found rondo when "hot" or the brief periods / random games where he "puts it all together" to be a very entertaining player, if not unique in the league.

but it is what it is- we will never see that more than 5 to 7 games a year.  that ain't worth 13 million a year and then a presumed desired pay raise to a long term deal of 15m per.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im gonna vomit if I have to read about Rondos stats vs the Heat in the playoffs... a 7 game stretch among about 100 games,,, and if you look carefully, its not as impressive as u may think... check out his averages minus his one big stat game....  uh oh... also check out how the more impressive Rondos stat line got, the more the Celtics lost.. 

Tell me his 44-10-8 produced a win or won game 7... nah, no can do.. see the pattern?? Didnt think so,... MJ used to get crucified for scoring 50 and losing in the playoffs,,,,

Time you lovers realize Rondo ball is losing ball... the biggest accomplishment for this era of Celtics was winning the title in 2008.... with Rondo playing as little a part on that team than on subsequent teams since the Big 3 era began.. enough said

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

All of this (acie and Karl) explains why Rondo's trade value has been and  remains so low.

Other GM's are very leary and rightfully so of such a high maintenance player who brings great excitement... but with such baggage.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Rondo is not a good shooter.

As a good shoot you need to:

1) Shoot a high percentage

2) Shot when you are open

Even if Rondo has good numbers from the field (I personally think they are inflated cause he is left wide open), just the fact that is reluctant to shoot doesn't keep the defense honest, simple.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Rondo against this team Miami was the most dangerous opponent they faced last year, they are terrified of him.  He shot the lights out when it counted and only the refs could save them in game 2 last year.  Rondo is a much better shooter now and can make teams who lay off him pay.  The comment he can't shoot is absurd.  Is it the best part of his game no,  but the guy has many weapons and shooting is no longer the liability it was.

The hatred of Rondo is a level of insanity. This team is old and needs guys who can play in the frontcourt.  Rondo is not the problem.  He is smart and can adjust.

i think "hatred" is the most over-used word of this generation.  deciding that 6 years of lollygagging and lacking player development is 'enough is enough' with the FACTUAL BACK UP to that end of watching this team take off and soar like an eagle with NO POINT GUARD AT ALL following rondo's season ending injury.....  did we have any business winning 9 in a row with no PG- i repeat NO PG.  we had NO BACKUP to rondo, as per usual danny ainge.

the "rondo being what he is" conundrum is a multi-faceted failure that was started by ainge, perpetuated by doc with zero-accountability coaching and rondo took every inch that was given to him plus miles extra as far as never taking the personal initiative to become a decent FG or FT shooter outside of 3 feet from the hoop.

so saying that you're tired of that sort of mendacity / incompetence is not hatred.  the likelihood of rondo CHANGING his attitude while still being with this franchise that fostered so much dysfunction is just delusional and outrageous.  just be realistic.

i have called both sides of this as i see it- when rondo is "on" he is one of the best.  but when he mails it in and sandbags he is an unmitigated horror show.

now we are re-building, with young players.  you can't have a leader who sandbags some aspect of half the regular season games, only to "turn it on" in the playoffs and still come up short of consistent performances.  so i'm not denying that rondo has not had games where he has terrified every team in the league but right now the culture poison of him playing with young players terrifies me way more than that.

Sections
Shortcuts