K. Love open to a move to Boston.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

K. Love open to a move to Boston.

Here is a link and a couple paragraphs where Kevin Love seemed not only open to a move to Boston but also seem to know a lot about the team. So, does this mean he has at least looked at the situation? Here you go:

“I’ve never really spent much time in Boston. I don’t know it too well,” he told the Globe. “But I think as far as playing there, we love competing against those guys. I think they have a great coach and they have a ton of youngsters that are up-and-comers.

“Boston is a great city. I’m sure free agents would love to go there, especially with [Brad] Stevens as a coach. He’s a guy that can win basketball games. He gets guys to play for him. They’ve been having good success there, even in his first year, and he has a lot of young players. The coach has a lot to do with it, but yeah, Boston is a great place.”

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/love-free-agents-would-love-go-boston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Re: K. Love open to a move to Boston.

I assume Love will end up in LA or somewhere out west.  But, will the cap experts please chime in on whether  the C's need to avoid extending Rajon in order to bid on one of the big contract guys?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

I assume Love will end up in LA or somewhere out west.  But, will the cap experts please chime in on whether  the C's need to avoid extending Rajon in order to bid on one of the big contract guys?

Well, I'm no cap expert, but I can tell you that with no Rajon, there will be no interest from "big contract guys" to come here. Sully has not progressed enough yet, nor has his name reached a level to attract elite players that can take you to the next level. Love talked about Stevens in a possitive way, so that's encouraging. But I believe in his heart, he wants to be in Tinsletown. It's all posturing at this point anyway. Take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

In response to postal5's comment:

Well, I'm no cap expert, but I can tell you that with no Rajon, there will be no interest from "big contract guys" to come here. Sully has not progressed enough yet, nor has his name reached a level to attract elite players that can take you to the next level. Love talked about Stevens in a possitive way, so that's encouraging. But I believe in his heart, he wants to be in Tinsletown. It's all posturing at this point anyway. Take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

Good point.  Love was nice to say C's have some young talent, but unless a couples guys make massive improvement, free agents will be tough to impress.    Can the C's have Rondo count as his old 11Mill salary until after some big name signs in summer in 2015?  I know this issue was addressed by the league, but I can't remember how it came out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

They'd have plenty of room unless they start giving guys like Bayless & Bradley more than they are worth ...

Rondo   18

green     9

Oly         2

Sully      2

Fav       2

Johnson 1

Wallace 10

total comittments $44MM > w/o other players or draftees they have about $18MM but obviously won't have all of that available unless they can lose Wallace and save $10MM

Thanks for the breakdown-- looks like a big extension for Rondo means no max cash for a superstar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I would lose bowel function and need to change pants if we signed Love

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Like I said before, I much rather sign Al Jefferson for much less money and fewer years and have room to maneuver then sign Love and have no room to maneuver.  What has Minnesota won with Love?  Last time I checked, they were 25-28 and that team has a legitimate center and point guard.  It's not like he has no supporting cast in Minnesota.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

They'd have plenty of room unless they start giving guys like Bayless & Bradley more than they are worth ...

Rondo   18

green     9

Oly         2

Sully      2

Fav       2

Johnson 1

Wallace 10

total comittments $44MM > w/o other players or draftees they have about $18MM but obviously won't have all of that available unless they can lose Wallace and save $10MM

rondo is not a max player yet. give him a contract like what josh smith is getting right now and use stretch provision on gw. trade ab for waiters, get asik or any decent center will be available and we are all set to be a contender again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It would be wild if they just traded for him next week.

I mean Love and Kevin Martin for Sully, Avery, Hump and Bogan's expirings and several draft picks works right now. One of the picks could be our unprotected 2014 pick. 

There are not a lot of teams that can offer better than that.

Bass and Favarni for Asik at the deadline as well.

C - Asik, Anthony

PF - Love, Olynyk

SF - Green, Wallace

SG - Martin, Bayless

PG - Rondo, Pressey

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Like I said before, I much rather sign Al Jefferson for much less money and fewer years and have room to maneuver then sign Love and have no room to maneuver.  What has Minnesota won with Love?  Last time I checked, they were 25-28 and that team has a legitimate center and point guard.  It's not like he has no supporting cast in Minnesota.

Totally agree with you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Love won't be free agent until 2016.  Talking about him coming here as a free agent is way too premature and early.  Who knows what the team look like next year nevermind 2016.  And the Timberwoves are not going to trade him any time soon, maybe when it gets closer to the end of his contract when Love makes clear that he won't resign.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Love won't be free agent until 2016.  Talking about him coming here as a free agent is way too premature and early.  Who knows what the team look like next year nevermind 2016.  And the Timberwoves are not going to trade him any time soon, maybe when it gets closer to the end of his contract when Love makes clear that he won't resign.

love can opt out of his contract in 2015-2016

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

Here is a link and a couple paragraphs where Kevin Love seemed not only open to a move to Boston but also seem to know a lot about the team. So, does this mean he has at least looked at the situation? Here you go:

“I’ve never really spent much time in Boston. I don’t know it too well,” he told the Globe. “But I think as far as playing there, we love competing against those guys. I think they have a great coach and they have a ton of youngsters that are up-and-comers.

“Boston is a great city. I’m sure free agents would love to go there, especially with [Brad] Stevens as a coach. He’s a guy that can win basketball games. He gets guys to play for him. They’ve been having good success there, even in his first year, and he has a lot of young players. The coach has a lot to do with it, but yeah, Boston is a great place.”

THIS IS 100% GARBAGE ! TOTAL BULLSPIT !

KEVIN LOVE WILL NEVER COME TO BOSTON. 

HE'S GOING TO BE A LAKER , FOR LIFE !

YOU THINK A GUY WHOSE UNCLE IS IN THE BEACH BOYS, WHO GREW UP IN CALIFORNIA , WHO WENT TO UCLA.......WOULD EVER WANT TO PLAY AND LIVE IN BOSTON ?

A PLACE HE CLAIMS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ? YEAH RIGHT, HE'S JUST BEING NICE. HE WOULD HATE LIVING IN BOSTON,  AND DON'T KID YOURSELF.  HE ALREADY KNOWS HOW IT SUCKS COMPARED TO LIVING IN MALIBU....

KEVIN LOVE IS GOING TO BE A LAKER , NOT EVEN A CLIPPER, AND NEVER A CELTIC.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

In response to celticelmo's comment:

THIS IS 100% GARBAGE ! TOTAL BULLSPIT !

KEVIN LOVE WILL NEVER COME TO BOSTON. 

HE'S GOING TO BE A LAKER , FOR LIFE !

YOU THINK A GUY WHOSE UNCLE IS IN THE BEACH BOYS, WHO GREW UP IN CALIFORNIA , WHO WENT TO UCLA.......WOULD EVER WANT TO PLAY AND LIVE IN BOSTON ?

A PLACE HE CLAIMS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ? YEAH RIGHT, HE'S JUST BEING NICE. HE WOULD HATE LIVING IN BOSTON,  AND DON'T KID YOURSELF.  HE ALREADY KNOWS HOW IT SUCKS COMPARED TO LIVING IN MALIBU....

KEVIN LOVE IS GOING TO BE A LAKER , NOT EVEN A CLIPPER, AND NEVER A CELTIC.....

Thank god.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts