KARL MALONE:"MY all-time STARTING 5 doesnt have RUSSELL, MJ or KOBE on it, but yes to WILT+BRON!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Re: KARL MALONE:

Magic, Jordan, Bird, Lebron, Russell   Small ball here!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Magic, Jordan, Bird, Lebron, Russell   Small ball here!

Ha, funny, the PG is the heaviest guy on the team! Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In response to ImagydFanBoston-Twitter's comment:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662152-karl-malone-leaves-mj-off-his-all-time-starting-5-admits-man-crush-on-lebron

KARL said this on the dan patrick show, he has a major MAN-CRUSH for bron! followed by major wood for pippen, then stockton (no shocker there) and the increasingly underrated Oscar Robertson!

frankly my 5 would start with PIERCE playing the pippen, all-tool role.. followed by MJ, then Russ in the middle, then Bron at the 4 then Magic at the point! talk about a versatile, cohesive team!

So, you are saying you would take Pierce  over Larry Bird?   WOW just WOW

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Spoken like a true allstar with no championship to his name. -)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Magic, Jordan, Bird, Duncan, Shaq.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm limiting my players to players I've watched.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

malone knows a lot about guys who played tons of years and won nothing or very few cups, so those are the ones he favors

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Big O, Jordan, Bird, Jabbar, yeah he could play power forward, and Wilt, the most unstopable force ever to step on a basketball floor.   This team couldn't be beat!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"malone knows a lot about guys who played tons of years and won nothing or very few cups, so those are the ones he favors"

it's more accurate to say Malone is heavily influenced by his own personal experience and biases and can't see beyond them. There's no way Pippen is a better player than Jordan. Some things are debatable, that is not. I will only accept that argument from Pippen's mother. 

As for Commie, Pierce-over-Bird is bizarro man, bizarro. Slightly less bizarre than Pippen over Jordan, but only slightly. Pierce is a fantastic Celtic, an all timer, but Bird was better. Not even close. Or have you forgotten all the times Pierce got stripped while heading to the hole in crunch time or waited too long to rip off a shot that Bird would have drained home. C'mon man.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I think championships should enter the consideration, leaving Horry out of the discussion.  In that vein Russell has to be there as well as being the consummate team player. 

Magic, Bird, Russell, Duncan, Jordan.  There could also be an incredible second team. 

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

Sections
Shortcuts