Keep an eye on the Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Keep an eye on the Lakers

I've always liked Kupchak as a GM. He makes moves that make sense and seems to get exactly what he's looking for. I'm expecting a shocking move by the deadline.

Nash & Hill, Ellis, Melo

I see them doing something to keep them above the 3rd seed and now Artest is running his mouth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Keep an eye on the Lakers

In Response to Keep an eye on the Lakers:
    [QUOTE]I've always liked Kupchak as a GM. He makes moves that make sense and seems to get exactly what he's looking for. I'm expecting a shocking move by the deadline. Nash & Hill, Ellis, Melo I see them doing something to keep them above the 3rd seed and now Artest is running his mouth.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

How about Marcus Camby or James Posey to the Lakers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the Lakers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Keep an eye on the Lakers : How about Marcus Camby or James Posey to the Lakers?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

How about you take the first flight to Cairo Eygpt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

There was a story on ESPN yesterday about Magic Johnson suggesting that the Lakers should consider a trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    To get two older players one 37 and 38 from Phoenix who would they give up?  Artest?  Plus cap issues,  doesn't sound possible unless there is collusion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

They better do something...I thought they quit against the Celts..Much like Lebrons last year...even their coach said nobody else wanted the ball...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Age means nothing to the C's and Lakers. They play to win titles. Nash and Hill are still effective players with playoff experience. I'm not saying it will be them, I'm just saying it will be an impactful move that shakes up the West.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Bias, To get two older players one 37 and 38 from Phoenix who would they give up?  Artest?  Plus cap issues,  doesn't sound possible unless there is collusion.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Since when did Bias come up with trades that sound possible?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the Lakers : How about you take the first flight to Cairo Eygpt.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with Camby for Bynum or Posey for Artest?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I heard Hinrich..........................just what I heard.

Hope they trade Artest, Matt Barnes cannot stop Paul Pierce, they'd have to put koME on him!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from alaricjr. Show alaricjr's posts

Yes, keep an eye on them.  They will trade Odom for JON and we will live happily ever after.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If I was Mitch I'd try this one on for size...

Artest, Bynum and Blake to the nuggets

Billups, Nene and Balkman to the Lake show

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I can't see anyone who wants LeBron tho...

Would Houston take him back?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, keep an eye on them.  They will trade Odom for JON and we will live happily ever after.
    Posted by alaricjr[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Artest to the Magic and Q-Rich/Duhon to the Lakers

Duhon is one of the few guys I can find with a longer contract than artest who someone would just want to dump

The Magic would remain w/o a bu Center, but they can play Anderson there and Hedo at bu PF now that you are giving Artest time @ SF.

C - Howard 40 mins Anderson 8
    PF - Bass 24 mins Anderson 16, Hedo 8
    SF - Hedo 24 mins, Artest 24
    SG - Richardson 36, Reddick 12
    PG - Nelson 32, Arenas 16

Artest gives them a tough guy to battle Bron, Pierce and Deng... he'd prob have more fun with those clowns in the Magic kingdom like he wants than playing the triangle with phil and koME

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Howard has trouble with Shaq/Perk, but is obviously still better

KG gets Anderson/Bass.. no picnic as we saw on Christmas, but advantage KG

Baby gets Bass/Turk... he's slighty worse than either

Pierce gets Ron and Hedo.. PP gets an annoying draw (quis gets some time on Hedo) but he is better

Ray gets Richardson... pretty tightly matched there

Nate gets Reddick.. I'd take the guy 6 inches taller who shoots better

Rondo gets Nelson .. finally we win easily

DWest gets Arenas... wildcards

I'd fear Orlando even more if they can turn two non-rotation guys into a SF who is known for his battles with the best in the game at that position on defense

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Artest to the Magic and Q-Rich/Duhon to the Lakers Duhon is one of the few guys I can find with a longer contract than artest who someone would just want to dump The Magic would remain w/o a bu Center, but they can play Anderson there and Hedo at bu PF now that you are giving Artest time @ SF. C - Howard 40 mins Anderson 8 PF - Bass 24 mins Anderson 16, Hedo 8 SF - Hedo 24 mins, Artest 24 SG - Richardson 36, Reddick 12 PG - Nelson 32, Arenas 16 Artest gives them a tough guy to battle Bron, Pierce and Deng... he'd prob have more fun with those clowns in the Magic kingdom like he wants than playing the triangle with phil and koME
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Didn't they make the trade FOR Richardson?  Why would they dump him so soon?  I think they will pass......................can't really see any contender trading with the lakers..............IF a trade happens at all, it will be with a pretender!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

They traded for Jason Richardson... my trade has them shipping out Quentin Richardson, who is now DEEP on the bench

But yes I agree it is unlikely that LA trades artest to a contender

Although if they are that desperate to dump him who knows, they'd have to feel now like the rest of the world that Orlando won't get past Miami and Boston  both on the road this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Can you imagine Portland making a trade for another injury prone center?  Even though it looks good for them, I can't see it happening. 

Plus, all the talk in LA is about getting faster and younger.  Phil Jackson was on the pregame show last night and kept talking about adding speed to the team.  His thing though was, that getting Barnes back will be a big lift.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the Lakers : What's wrong with Camby for Bynum or Posey for Artest?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

First, the Lakers have been playing like complacent champions, believing that they can turn it off and on whenever they please. They're bored. Although I'm a Laker fan, I don't like the attitude.

I have felt that all season long Ron Artest was not happy with his role on the team. And if that's true, I can't blame him. Far too often he's out on the perimeter with no one within 5 feet of him and he's being ignored by the players.

Will the Lakers make a trade? Only if its a blockbuster and I don't see that happening. The only player worth breaking up the team for would be Carmelo Antony in Denver or Chris Paul in New Orleans. It's no going to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

The Lakers are an old team period!

Only Bynum and Brown are below 30 years old in the Lakers rotation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I am not sure what the Lakers can do to bring themselves into serious contention this year. Ron Ron obviously had problems guarding Pierce. One announcer said that he thought Artest was limping, but I did not see it.

The biggest hurtle, however is at Power Forward. They probably have the third best Power Forward in the game, and he looked lost playing KG.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

The Lakers since the early 80’s have been the NBAs team most committed to winning.  I very much doubt they will stand idle, particularly if the Cs win the return match-up in Feb. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Maybe not, but they don't have many options to counter this year's Celtics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If the Lakers go down to the Spurs tonight Kupchak will be picking up the red phone within a week.

Sections
Shortcuts