Keep an eye on the SPURS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Keep an eye on the SPURS

They are looking good and have remained healthy so far this season.  They have just beat the FAKERS in LA.  It just may be a SPURS/CELTICS finals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS

As you said the other day about the Lakers, why are you worrying about the Spurs? We should be worrying about the teams in our conference, not some team in the other conference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS:
    [QUOTE]As you said the other day about the Lakers, why are you worrying about the Spurs? We should be worrying about the teams in our conference, not some team in the other conference.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    This was a poke at that other thread.  I dont care who the CELTICS face.  And yes I saw MeBron go for 51...still not worried about MIA or ORL.  Chicago is intruiging, but they are a year a two away from making serious noise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS : This was a poke at that other thread.  I dont care who the CELTICS face.  And yes I saw MeBron go for 51...still not worried about MIA or ORL.  Chicago is intruiging, but they are a year a two away from making serious noise.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

ah ha.  I started to make one for Keep an eye on the Heat and Keep an eye on the Bulls. Then we could have had 4 of them going.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Honestly the way Boston's playing right now, it's not a bad idea to keep an eye on the Spurs.  As much as I like LA, it's looking like it'll be SA/BOS if the Lakers don't take the regular season more seriously.

As a humorous note - anyone who thinks the league is backing the Lakers has to question why that final goaltending wasn't called on the floor.  They make the right call there, and the Lakers win. 

Either way, I"m actually impressed that LA stepped up and played a good game against them.  I think the league should be watching SA and BOS. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

from NBA Rule 11... "the player shall not touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
    For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score. ."
    Now, clearly, the ball was outside of the imaginary cyclinder..talk about lack of objectivity. 
    As for the Spurs; class organization and team; no ball hoggin, teamate yelling KoME types; remind of our own Celtics...Duncan most underated star and arguably best player of his generation (yes, better than both Shaq and KoME in their prime)...The other team to watch is the Heat, they looked good against Orlando; they are into trying to play as a team, see how it works out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Maybe I'm thinking of basket interference?  Hand above the cylinder; I thought that was goaltending.  The announcers said 'goaltending' but in retrospect i think it's basket interference. 

Either way it was a hard call, but a missed call. 

By the way, pot/kettle/black.  You talk about objectivity but use terms like KoME?  You're a clown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Yeah why do you want to call him KoMe? I like Rapist much better!!

Is that jofc, i hear going WAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

it is...he really is going WAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!...and name calling...you see he comes here and calls Celtics fan unobjective and full of consiparicies, but when my right critism reveals him to be the one who is unobjective...it's time for insutls and WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly the way Boston's playing right now, it's not a bad idea to keep an eye on the Spurs.  As much as I like LA, it's looking like it'll be SA/BOS if the Lakers don't take the regular season more seriously. As a humorous note - anyone who thinks the league is backing the Lakers has to question why that final goaltending wasn't called on the floor.  They make the right call there, and the Lakers win.  Either way, I"m actually impressed that LA stepped up and played a good game against them.  I think the league should be watching SA and BOS. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

I have watched that tip in more than once.  There is no way that was goal tending. He tipped the ball a foot before it got to the rim.  Are you questioning the officiating?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Great game. I could not believe that the Lakers allowed the Spurs to keep getting the ball at the end. I guess the Spurs just wanted it more.

Spurs-Celtics would be great. Two teams with unselfish play, playing ball the way that it should be played.

By the way, is anyone out side of LA going to go and see the movie meant to sell Kobe's shoes? If this movie is successful, there is definitely something wrong with America's youth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Keep an eye on the SPURS:
    [QUOTE]They are looking good and have remained healthy so far this season.  They have just beat the FAKERS in LA.  It just may be a SPURS/CELTICS finals.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

For what? They won't beat the Cs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The non call wasn't even questionable, a blind Laker fan could see it was the right call!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]it is...he really is going WAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!...and name calling...you see he comes here and calls Celtics fan unobjective and full of consiparicies, but when my right critism reveals him to be the one who is unobjective...it's time for insutls and WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, what's his problem?  He comes on our boards and just sounds like a wah pedal.  Notice how he's all about 'no corruption' but then brings up, what he thinks is a bad call from yesterday's game? 

I mean seriously, why would he bring that up?  To try and show that the officials could've handed LA that game but didn't?  What does that prove?  That the refs aren't all about LA winning?  yeah right man.  It's so plain that there's a conspiracy, anyone who doesn't see it is just dumb. 

And as far as objectivity goes, come on man, he's so blatantly not objective.  He doesn't even call Kobe a rapist (please don't actually look up the case though or you'll see why it was dropped by the DA). 

Man he's an idiot.  I'm glad you guys are setting him straight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

This guy either hasn't had his meds, or he has had too much of his meds!!

Wonder why Kobe paid the girl all that money?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I like the spurs and Celtis series..I know its way too early, just fodder for debate, but intriguiging to say the least. How does MIAMI try and play team ball with someone scoring 51 pts? Sound likeKome hero ball to me. I did't see the game, but Ill take team ball anyday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I'm thinking of basket interference?  Hand above the cylinder; I thought that was goaltending.  The announcers said 'goaltending' but in retrospect i think it's basket interference.  Either way it was a hard call, but a missed call.  By the way, pot/kettle/black.  You talk about objectivity but use terms like KoME?  You're a clown.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

If the ball has a chance to go in, its goal tending..Interference, I think, involves moving the basket in some way while the ball is in the air.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Sometimes team ball needs a great individual performance.  I'm sure Celtics fans remember Ray Allen dropping all those 3's last year in the finals.  But I don't see Miami as a team yet, more like a bunch of talented individuals.  I don't see them getting by Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS : If the ball has a chance to go in, its goal tending..Interference, I think, involves moving the basket in some way while the ball is in the air.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.  It looked like his hand was over the cylinder.  I know fans in LA would agree and fans out here wouldn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS : Thanks for the clarification.  It looked like his hand was over the cylinder.  I know fans in LA would agree and fans out here wouldn't.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

I didn't watch the game but I assumed they used instant replay.  Did they?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I don't think the Spurs will beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think the Spurs will beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

how long have you felt that way?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

They can only use instant replay to determine if the ball left the guys hand before the buzzer (light) went off.  goaltending/basket interference isn't a reviewable call. 

they need to get this replay thing up to snuff.  best thing to happen to the NFL, and it would resolve a LOT of fan complaints.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]They can only use instant replay to determine if the ball left the guys hand before the buzzer (light) went off.  goaltending/basket interference isn't a reviewable call.  they need to get this replay thing up to snuff.  best thing to happen to the NFL, and it would resolve a LOT of fan complaints.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

The instant replay I say was not goal tending.  If I thought it was I would say so.  Do you really think it was?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Honestly looked like his hand was inside the cylinder when he tipped the ball.  i can watch it again tonight when i get home. 

Really though, it would've been a tough call to make.  If having your hand over the cylinder of the basket is goaltending, and I thought it was, then yes I think the basket should not have counted. 

Either way, LA should've grabbed a defensive board and just ended the game, but they gave up something like 3 offensive rebounds during that last sequence.  They played SA well, just not well enough to seal the deal. 

Sections
Shortcuts