Keep an eye on the SPURS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS

i'm more worried about the bulls and heat. if we have to face one of those you know its going to be a 7 game series that will tire us out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS:
    [QUOTE]Honestly looked like his hand was inside the cylinder when he tipped the ball.  i can watch it again tonight when i get home.  Really though, it would've been a tough call to make.  If having your hand over the cylinder of the basket is goaltending, and I thought it was, then yes I think the basket should not have counted.  Either way, LA should've grabbed a defensive board and just ended the game, but they gave up something like 3 offensive rebounds during that last sequence.  They played SA well, just not well enough to seal the deal. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

I watched the game, saw the replay several times, and listened to the announcers.  I agree with the announcers that his hand was not in the cylinder.  He made a good tip as the ball was coming out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

The Spurs have a lot of games on the road in the second half of the season. LA is still the team to beat out west.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly looked like his hand was inside the cylinder when he tipped the ball.  i can watch it again tonight when i get home.  Really though, it would've been a tough call to make.  If having your hand over the cylinder of the basket is goaltending, and I thought it was, then yes I think the basket should not have counted.  Either way, LA should've grabbed a defensive board and just ended the game, but they gave up something like 3 offensive rebounds during that last sequence.  They played SA well, just not well enough to seal the deal. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Looked to me like he tipped it and the ball traveled about a foot before it went in the basket.  Pretty easy for me to see.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310203013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I'll have to watch it again when i get home.  It really looked like goaltending, but I'm also not above a sort of subconcious bias that hits when your team is playing.  Either way, LA should've made some kind of defensive rebound to seal the game, but they didn't.  San Antonio hussled when it meant the most.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

His hand can be in the cylinder.  THE BALL cannot be when it is touched.  It was not goaltending - not even close!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

See, i thought you couldn't have your hand over the cylinder at all.  But if that's not the rule then it wasn't goaltending.  I could've sworn you couldn't block a shot, or tip in a shot, with your hand over the cylinder. 

If that's the case then it was a good call.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]See, i thought you couldn't have your hand over the cylinder at all.  But if that's not the rule then it wasn't goaltending.  I could've sworn you couldn't block a shot, or tip in a shot, with your hand over the cylinder.  If that's the case then it was a good call.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

When they say in the cylinder they mean IN the cylinder. If you touch the ball and it is over they cylinder it is goal tending.  You can clearly see when he tips the ball from the side that the ball travels away from his hand nearly a foot. That to me says he didn't touch it over the "cylinder"  Of course if it happened against the C's I would feel different.  HAHA, JUST KIDDING.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I saw the game and the replay a couple of times.  It was clean.  No hand in the cylinder.
    Regarding watching the Spurs, I'm just watching them for their W-L record.  That 2-3-2 Finals format always gives the home team an added edge.  If we get that far (I'm not gonna jinx anything), it would be nice to have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Yeah I watched the replay and it does look like a clean tip.  I thought his hand was in but the bottom line was he should have been BOXED OUT!!!  Oh well, always tomorrow.  Thanks for clarifying the rules for me guys.  You're dead on about the 'inside the whole cylinder' thing, i didn't know that before but it does make sense considering how many tips happen with the ball 'around' the cylinder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS : When they say in the cylinder they mean IN the cylinder. If you touch the ball and it is over they cylinder it is goal tending.  You can clearly see when he tips the ball from the side that the ball travels away from his hand nearly a foot. That to me says he didn't touch it over the "cylinder"  Of course if it happened against the C's I would feel different.  HAHA, JUST KIDDING.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that's how i feel about every charging/blocking call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep an eye on the SPURS : Hahaha, that's how i feel about every charging/blocking call.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

If they called a legitimate charging call in the NBA, Lebron would lose about half his offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Seriously, he'd have 8 pts and 15 TOs a game.  That whole 'I'm putting my head down like a running back charging the goal line' style of dribbling is just ridiculous. 

and the crab walk.  yeah.  that's not traveling.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Some of my fellow laker fans might chastise me for this, but if it comes down to Miami and Boston in the ECF, go boston!  I may not like Garnett, but I respect him as a player.  Lebron's stats are so padded by his own brand of officiating it sickens me.  I've heard of star treatment, but this guy gives that term new meaning.

Sections
Shortcuts