KEEP RONDO +HOW WE GET DWIGHT "KENDRICK PERKINS" HOWARD IN 2012!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

KEEP RONDO +HOW WE GET DWIGHT "KENDRICK PERKINS" HOWARD IN 2012!

sorry doomers, i am getting off your cliff on rondo . i finally get it. he is what he is and likely wil be going forward for the rest of his career. he will be average to good for most of the regular season for his game requires way too much octane and risk that is hard to bring for 82 games. there is not much of a middle game. its either A+ or C- or less. thats where a consistent jumper and better free throw shooting could help him. thats not necessarily impossible, many guys including jason kidd have picked both up as their careers have gone forward. i certainly do not get the impression that rr is simply not wrking at getting better. right now, rr is around the 12-16th best PG strictly for the regular season but is in the top 3 for the playoffs behind westbrook and chris paul. with more performances like tonight he could move up to #2 with a bullet. 

if paul gets beat by the lakers and rr keeps leading the parade, he will move to #1 by a slim margin. slim only because i must take away points because he is stilll not the go to guy is the game gets more into crunch time or at the end of very close games. how great is tom brady if we had to take the ball out of his hands at the end of close games? rr, the jason varitek of the nba (how he calls games and be an enigma with his own offense), will be hands-down the GREATEST pg in HISTORY if he could improve his shooting from the line and the perimeter. with all his prowess, magic was never the defensive stopper that rondo is at his best. 

as for kendrick abdul-jabbar, its amazing what i am watching jermaine do right now. he hit that big jumper in the first half that perky aint even taking in his wildest dreams. jo played 27 minutes which perky never did at any time in his playoff run here in boston and isnt close to approaching in okc (will reach 30 minutes as we go forward). jo also had 3 block shots and altered a slew of others in addition to 3 offensive rebounds (to be fair, will give perk a slight edge in that area). jo commits far fewer turnovers although he doesnt set the same picks as perky. overall, jo is hands-down the BETTER player right now and is quicker and far less lumbering in his movements. he is truly an athlete. i look for him to be closing games as we go forward rather than bb. i believe shaq will play 10 minutes on sunday. 

god help miami if we ever get these 2 beasts going at the same time along with a healthy and already-hot big 4. my only issue is with the +/- numbers with our bench. even in game 3, everyone of them had at least a minus 4, with davis and west at minus 16 and green at minus 12. these guys are like our kryptonite when they come into games. still looking forward for green to have a breakout game. no dount bb who has already proven himself will bust out versus the heatles. west clearly  would like to bust one out all over lebron as he has "allegedly" already done with another member of the james family. all of the starting 5 (including when playing with non-starters) had at least a +23 with kg, jo and ray with atleast +30. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!!

JO hands down over Perk...if  he is healthy....that's a big if....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!!

Perk is doing just fine in the playoffs and is making a more consistent contribution than JO. You yourself have said we need JO/Shaq/Krstic together to exceed Perkins. You were correct about that. As to whether we can get by on a semi-healthy JO, we're about to find out against the Heat. 

You are setting up a false option by making it seem as if you have to choose between "Perk sucks" and "Perk is Kareem." Perk is in between, a good center exceptional on the defensive end and challenged offensively. He's also younger and healthier than what we have to offer. No reason why Perk couldn't be here along with Rondo at this time - it's not like we're getting anything out of Green or Krstic right now. 

As you know I'm a pretty big Rondo supporter - though his lack of progress this year on the free throw line has been disappointing - and I tend to agree with your view of him as raising his game in the playoffs. But we do need to see how Rondo will do against a better defensive team, believe it or not the Heat are pretty good defensively. 

I'm not crazy about your "doomers" language. Yes there are some real haters in this forum. But categorizing everyone is kind of a mistake. You tend to err on the dreamer side for example but you also get angry after bad losses and flip over into other points of view. 

I make a big distinction between those who are happy after our wins and those who complain. I think you complained a bit too much tonight/this am. We had a terrific win tonight. 

I really hope the Celts can close it out Sunday - that would give Shaq a whole additional week of rest and his best shot to get back. Go green!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Except that JON is scoring more efficiently and is altering shots & intimidating in the paint to a degree Perk has never reached.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Jermaine has been a pleasant surprise.  If Shaq doesn't return, at least he is contributing and giving the Celtics some help this season.  Since I had given up on Jermaine this season, I am very happy that I was wrong about him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!!:
    [QUOTE]Perk is doing just fine in the playoffs and is making a more consistent contribution than JO. You yourself have said we need JO/Shaq/Krstic together to exceed Perkins. You were correct about that. As to whether we can get by on a semi-healthy JO, we're about to find out against the Heat.  You are setting up a false option by making it seem as if you have to choose between "Perk sucks" and "Perk is Kareem." Perk is in between, a good center exceptional on the defensive end and challenged offensively. He's also younger and healthier than what we have to offer. No reason why Perk couldn't be here along with Rondo at this time - it's not like we're getting anything out of Green or Krstic right now.  As you know I'm a pretty big Rondo supporter - though his lack of progress this year on the free throw line has been disappointing - and I tend to agree with your view of him as raising his game in the playoffs. But we do need to see how Rondo will do against a better defensive team, believe it or not the Heat are pretty good defensively.  I'm not crazy about your "doomers" language. Yes there are some real haters in this forum. But categorizing everyone is kind of a mistake. You tend to err on the dreamer side for example but you also get angry after bad losses and flip over into other points of view.  I make a big distinction between those who are happy after our wins and those who complain. I think you complained a bit too much tonight/this am. We had a terrific win tonight.  I really hope the Celts can close it out Sunday - that would give Shaq a whole additional week of rest and his best shot to get back. Go green!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]GREAT post. i actually hope shaq can play a few minutes on sunday before the heat. yes, i know they are good statistically esp against sub-500 teams. first thing i look at is who is going to guard rondo and defend against kg. i do not see it. he has eaten up bosh his whole career on both ends. wade wants nothing to do with rr. only shot they have of containing him is putting bron on him. that means pp will go for 40. they really miss haslem versus celts. joel anthony? please! i can see nenad making a difference against the heat. they have mediocre defensive centers when they have to chase or come out of the paint unlike the knicks. even bb could do well if his shot is falling. chalmers is a  good defenser but not against a rondo. he is more for a ray. bibby will be eaten alive again. who can he cover? 

this is a dreamer prediction but it would not shock me if the celts also sweep the HEAT! we are a bad matchup for them in every way. green willl make a difference on bron, even if just freeing up pp for 10 minutes or so. wade never gets off against us (minus that 46 pt explosion last year). perk would not make that much of an impact against the heat. jo is the perfect center against them, even more so than a shaq. so yep, as of now, perk trade is looking good. i never said it takes all of jo/shaq/nen to equal one mr. abdul-jabbar olajuwon perkins. one healthy jo more than makes up for perk. add in a semi-healthy shaq and you are talking never winning in single digits as we go undefeated all thru the playoffs. just remember in all the playoff series with russell-chamberlain perkins we have never ever even won one without losing a game! 

nen-green were more about next year and do not discount that first-rounder we got. over time, barring injury this year, celts will make out as bandits esp if we destroy okc and perky in the finals. over time, yes, perk will have a better career than jo/shaq at this point. neither will play beyond next year and both likely will be hampered. perk was leaving, so it all comes down to what situation was BEST this year. this team is clearly playing better defensively right now and still have tha nasty attitide and you cant deny we have more skill at the center position (jo and nen bring more in natural talent and even in basketball IQ).

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!!:
    [QUOTE]Except that JON is scoring more efficiently and is altering shots & intimidating in the paint to a degree Perk has never reached.  
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]right on! how can he say it is even remotely even when perk only wins with rebounds. mostly because okc allows him to attack for offensive rebounds, celts do not generally allow that, plus perk is often the only one going after defensive boards. here jo must competed with kg, rondo and pierce. all 3 are superior to anything next to perk. if perk was here, it would be only a slightedge in rebounds due to his body type. still, these perky types ignore the intangible leverage jo brings when rondo and others know they can throw any pass at jo and he will not only catch it but make a play on it. last night jo caught a bullet in traffic from rr and was already in position to make an easy layup. perk routinely droppped and fumbled that play. 

odds are rr isnt making that play in that situation to perk, now the defense has to focus on that as well. plus as in his first bucket, jo can confidently step out to 15 feet and make that jumper. again, that stretches the defense and gives the others including rr more room to operate. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!!:
    [QUOTE]sorry doomers, i am getting off your cliff on rondo . i finally get it. he is what he is and likely wil be going forward for the rest of his career. he will be average to good for most of the regular season for his game requires way too much octane and risk that is hard to bring for 82 games. there is not much of a middle game. its either A+ or C- or less. thats where a consistent jumper and better free throw shooting could help him. thats not necessarily impossible, many guys including jason kidd have picked both up as their careers have gone forward. i certainly do not get the impression that rr is simply not wrking at getting better. right now, rr is around the 12-16th best PG strictly for the regular season but is in the top 3 for the playoffs behind westbrook and chris paul. with more performances like tonight he could move up to #2 with a bullet.  if paul gets beat by the lakers and rr keeps leading the parade, he will move to #1 by a slim margin. slim only because i must take away points because he is stilll not the go to guy is the game gets more into crunch time or at the end of very close games. how great is tom brady if we had to take the ball out of his hands at the end of close games? rr, the jason varitek of the nba (how he calls games and be an enigma with his own offense), will be hands-down the GREATEST pg in HISTORY if he could improve his shooting from the line and the perimeter. with all his prowess, magic was never the defensive stopper that rondo is at his best.  as for kendrick abdul-jabbar, its amazing what i am watching jermaine do right now. he hit that big jumper in the first half that perky aint even taking in his wildest dreams. jo played 27 minutes which perky never did at any time in his playoff run here in boston and isnt close to approaching in okc (will reach 30 minutes as we go forward). jo also had 3 block shots and altered a slew of others in addition to 3 offensive rebounds (to be fair, will give perk a slight edge in that area). jo commits far fewer turnovers although he doesnt set the same picks as perky. overall, jo is hands-down the BETTER player right now and is quicker and far less lumbering in his movements. he is truly an athlete. i look for him to be closing games as we go forward rather than bb. i believe shaq will play 10 minutes on sunday.  god help miami if we ever get these 2 beasts going at the same time along with a healthy and already-hot big 4. my only issue is with the +/- numbers with our bench. even in game 3, everyone of them had at least a minus 4, with davis and west at minus 16 and green at minus 12. these guys are like our kryptonite when they come into games. still looking forward for green to have a breakout game. no dount bb who has already proven himself will bust out versus the heatles. west clearly  would like to bust one out all over lebron as he has "allegedly" already done with another member of the james family. all of the starting 5 (including when playing with non-starters) had at least a +23 with kg, jo and ray with atleast +30. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Wow, even when you are trying to give Rondo props it looks like critisizm.

Let me start with the first bold statment,  Ok, we all know Rondo had a bad march after the trade. He was terrific the whole year before that, how can you say he average for most the season?  He was an MVP candidate in January

You are right though, his game does require high octane, and this is why I defend him....He is the only pg without a true backup and only sits for 2 minutes at a time while most other guys sit they a ss on that bench(kidd) for 8 minutes,.,,.and still dont go hard as Rondo when they are in.

He was coasting some games during the season cuz he knew he didnt have a backup. When he plays lights out, he needs to rest.

Why should you count on your pg top be a closer with Paul and Ray on the team?!?!  And btw , game 2, he did hit a big jumper to take the lead with less then 2 minutes....these things always get overlooked, but Rondo always takes the open J late in games if they leave him..look it up

SO far as Kendrick, I wll agree.  I saw someone just this morning still playing the Perk card saying "I will question this trade if we dont make the finals"  I mean this is getting downright ignorant and pathetic....HELLO, we are not garaunteed anything and just because we lose its not because of Perk.  Does it look like we needed Perk last night?  but if/when we lose, it will be how me miss his defense.  Last time I checked we are holding a knicks team that averages 107 ppg to 89 ppg.....thats 18 points below average..  The Perk aplogists need to put a sock in it for real///oh yeah, the Chemistry looked pretty good too last night huh?  how did that happen,...I thought Perk took that with him......smh

Oh yeah, and Big Baby offically lost his job as a closer....JON is needed to protect the paint.  Truthfully, like I said yesterday...if Perk stays he may be the 3rd center off the bench if Shaq is healthy....get over him!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Perk is a nice guy. Unlike JO Perk doesn't punch fans in the grill. JO is the real tough guy. Remember, JO got a flagrant foul for that body check on Lebron in the regular season. Right now I would rather have JO starting at Center for the Celtics.  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    how can u say that? does he growl and scowl like knedrick abdul-jabbar russell chamberlain perkins?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!! : Wow, even when you are trying to give Rondo props it looks like critisizm. Let me start with the first bold statment,  Ok, we all know Rondo had a bad march after the trade. He was terrific the whole year before that, how can you say he average for most the season?  He was an MVP candidate in January You are right though, his game does require high octane, and this is why I defend him....He is the only pg without a true backup and only sits for 2 minutes at a time while most other guys sit they a ss on that bench(kidd) for 8 minutes,.,,.and still dont go hard as Rondo when they are in. He was coasting some games during the season cuz he knew he didnt have a backup. When he plays lights out, he needs to rest. Why should you count on your pg top be a closer with Paul and Ray on the team?!?!  And btw , game 2, he did hit a big jumper to take the lead with less then 2 minutes....these things always get overlooked, but Rondo always takes the open J late in games if they leave him..look it up SO far as Kendrick, I wll agree.  I saw someone just this morning still playing the Perk card saying "I will question this trade if we dont make the finals"  I mean this is getting downright ignorant and pathetic....HELLO, we are not garaunteed anything and just because we lose its not because of Perk.  Does it look like we needed Perk last night?  but if/when we lose, it will be how me miss his defense.  Last time I checked we are holding a knicks team that averages 107 ppg to 89 ppg.....thats 18 points below average..  The Perk aplogists need to put a sock in it for real///oh yeah, the Chemistry looked pretty good too last night huh?  how did that happen,...I thought Perk took that with him......smh Oh yeah, and Big Baby offically lost his job as a closer....JON is needed to protect the paint.  Truthfully, like I said yesterday...if Perk stays he may be the 3rd center off the bench if Shaq is healthy....get over him!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    giess we are saying the same thing. missed the end of the game but kendrick abdul-jabbar russell-chamberlain perkins was again the difference. no way okc wins that game without PERKY's TWO points in 19 minutes with TWO rebounds. the nba's leading scowler and growler delivered AGAIN!

as for rondo, look you ARE not a closer when you are teh pg and the ball can not be put in your hands for a throw in the last 2 minutes for you may get fouled and miss. rr's touches often come by default from a pierce pass or when he is in conttests where the other team is not in position to foul him! so perhaps i should say within the last minute with a 5 point lead or so. or perhaps within 30 seconds. lets not play semantics games. fact is its like a qb who needs a wr converting to a passer in those situations and can only touch the ball if its a pass to him or a running play...its hypothetical, say if this were a michael vick where his team had no trust in his passing abilities in crunch time. bottom lineif chris paul or deron williams or westbrook were around big 3 or not, they would have the ball in their hands regardless of circumstance... they would be the ones daring the defense to foul them or the ones making the big pass to one of the big 3 or frankly, taking the shot as they want esp going to the hole and risking getting fouled. clearly rr can take an OPEN shot, he cant get fouled or take contested shots. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!!:
    [QUOTE]sorry doomers, i am getting off your cliff on rondo . i finally get it. he is what he is and likely wil be going forward for the rest of his career. he will be average to good for most of the regular season for his game requires way too much octane and risk that is hard to bring for 82 games. there is not much of a middle game. its either A+ or C- or less. thats where a consistent jumper and better free throw shooting could help him. thats not necessarily impossible, many guys including jason kidd have picked both up as their careers have gone forward. i certainly do not get the impression that rr is simply not wrking at getting better. right now, rr is around the 12-16th best PG strictly for the regular season but is in the top 3 for the playoffs behind westbrook and chris paul. with more performances like tonight he could move up to #2 with a bullet.  if paul gets beat by the lakers and rr keeps leading the parade, he will move to #1 by a slim margin. slim only because i must take away points because he is stilll not the go to guy is the game gets more into crunch time or at the end of very close games. how great is tom brady if we had to take the ball out of his hands at the end of close games? rr, the jason varitek of the nba (how he calls games and be an enigma with his own offense), will be hands-down the GREATEST pg in HISTORY if he could improve his shooting from the line and the perimeter. with all his prowess, magic was never the defensive stopper that rondo is at his best.  as for kendrick abdul-jabbar, its amazing what i am watching jermaine do right now. he hit that big jumper in the first half that perky aint even taking in his wildest dreams. jo played 27 minutes which perky never did at any time in his playoff run here in boston and isnt close to approaching in okc (will reach 30 minutes as we go forward). jo also had 3 block shots and altered a slew of others in addition to 3 offensive rebounds (to be fair, will give perk a slight edge in that area). jo commits far fewer turnovers although he doesnt set the same picks as perky. overall, jo is hands-down the BETTER player right now and is quicker and far less lumbering in his movements. he is truly an athlete. i look for him to be closing games as we go forward rather than bb. i believe shaq will play 10 minutes on sunday.  god help miami if we ever get these 2 beasts going at the same time along with a healthy and already-hot big 4. my only issue is with the +/- numbers with our bench. even in game 3, everyone of them had at least a minus 4, with davis and west at minus 16 and green at minus 12. these guys are like our kryptonite when they come into games. still looking forward for green to have a breakout game. no dount bb who has already proven himself will bust out versus the heatles. west clearly  would like to bust one out all over lebron as he has "allegedly" already done with another member of the james family. all of the starting 5 (including when playing with non-starters) had at least a +23 with kg, jo and ray with atleast +30. 

So Rondo is not behind Rose in the playoffs?  Only behind Westbrook and C Paul?  If Billups was not hurt we would have seen a lot more of game 1 Rondo and not game 2 and 3 Rondo and the Cs could very well be down 2 to 1.

After Perk went down people were distraught and could not fathom how they would ever win another game and my response was (on this board) that when Danny saw Kendrick Kareem Hakeem Patrick Robinson Russell Perkins go down all he did was go out and get two (when healthy) much better centers than Perk - of course the board's response was Perk is some sort of almost-perennial-all-star-caliber-defensive something or other and would point to D Howard saying that Perk plays him well, of course everyone's interpretation of that is that Perk is the best post defender in the league - of course forgetting that the guy who said Perk was a good defender is the best post defender in the league.

Rondo is going nowhere and Perk is gone and pretty soon the BIG 3 will be gone and Rondo will be clanging jumpers for 13 million per year and when he passes the ball to several stiffs he will be averaging his 11 ppg and his assists will be cut in half.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!! : Wow, even when you are trying to give Rondo props it looks like critisizm. Let me start with the first bold statment,  Ok, we all know Rondo had a bad march after the trade. He was terrific the whole year before that, how can you say he average for most the season?  He was an MVP candidate in January You are right though, his game does require high octane, and this is why I defend him....He is the only pg without a true backup and only sits for 2 minutes at a time while most other guys sit they a ss on that bench(kidd) for 8 minutes,.,,.and still dont go hard as Rondo when they are in. He was coasting some games during the season cuz he knew he didnt have a backup. When he plays lights out, he needs to rest. Why should you count on your pg top be a closer with Paul and Ray on the team?!?!  And btw , game 2, he did hit a big jumper to take the lead with less then 2 minutes....these things always get overlooked, but Rondo always takes the open J late in games if they leave him..look it up SO far as Kendrick, I wll agree.  I saw someone just this morning still playing the Perk card saying "I will question this trade if we dont make the finals"  I mean this is getting downright ignorant and pathetic....HELLO, we are not garaunteed anything and just because we lose its not because of Perk.  Does it look like we needed Perk last night?  but if/when we lose, it will be how me miss his defense.  Last time I checked we are holding a knicks team that averages 107 ppg to 89 ppg.....thats 18 points below average..  The Perk aplogists need to put a sock in it for real///oh yeah, the Chemistry looked pretty good too last night huh?  how did that happen,...I thought Perk took that with him......smh Oh yeah, and Big Baby offically lost his job as a closer....JON is needed to protect the paint.  Truthfully, like I said yesterday...if Perk stays he may be the 3rd center off the bench if Shaq is healthy....get over him!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Pluto is no longer considered a planet, so when you read the Pluto Times newspaper and see an article suggesting Rondo is an MVP candidate, don't believe it.  There is not one credible opinion on the planet that would suggest that Rondo has ever been and will ever be an MVP candidate, I am not even sure I keep myself from laughing when people call him the team MVP let alone a league MVP. 

The list goes something like this - Rose, Howard, LeBron, Wade, Dirk, Stodamire and very long list after that before you get to Rondo's name.

Rondo's assist total went down every single month of the season and when Doc told him to start being more aggressive taking the ball to the rim and start shooting more and since then we have found out how much of a farce his 50% shooting average is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!! : Pluto is no longer considered a planet, so when you read the Pluto Times newspaper and see an article suggesting Rondo is an MVP candidate, don't believe it.  There is not one credible opinion on the planet that would suggest that Rondo has ever been and will ever be an MVP candidate, I am not even sure I keep myself from laughing when people call him the team MVP let alone a league MVP.  The list goes something like this - Rose, Howard, LeBron, Wade, Dirk, Stodamire and very long list after that before you get to Rondo's name. Rondo's assist total went down every single month of the season and when Doc told him to start being more aggressive taking the ball to the rim and start shooting more and since then we have found out how much of a farce his 50% shooting average is.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]after dirk, u may see pierce name before RONDO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!! : after dirk, u may see pierce name before RONDO!

Pierce and a whole bunch more....... Kobe, Gasol, Nash, and a whole bunch more before Rondo's name shows up......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!! : So Rondo is not behind Rose in the playoffs?  Only behind Westbrook and C Paul?  If Billups was not hurt we would have seen a lot more of game 1 Rondo and not game 2 and 3 Rondo and the Cs could very well be down 2 to 1. After Perk went down people were distraught and could not fathom how they would ever win another game and my response was (on this board) that when Danny saw Kendrick Kareem Hakeem Patrick Robinson Russell Perkins go down all he did was go out and get two (when healthy) much better centers than Perk - of course the board's response was Perk is some sort of almost-perennial-all-star-caliber-defensive something or other and would point to D Howard saying that Perk plays him well, of course everyone's interpretation of that is that Perk is the best post defender in the league - of course forgetting that the guy who said Perk was a good defender is the best post defender in the league. Rondo is going nowhere and Perk is gone and pretty soon the BIG 3 will be gone and Rondo will be clanging jumpers for 13 million per year and when he passes the ball to several stiffs he will be averaging his 11 ppg and his assists will be cut in half.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]for the record, i believe the celts will be getting howard in 2012. i believe danny has timed everything just for that. shaq is done after theis year. jo may come back for one more year on his contract. no more 6m paydays after that last one. i can see danny getting the core four to all go down to orlando to convince dwight about the rightness of boston. you bet, if doc comes back, it will be for a 3-year deal so that he can help get howard here for the 2012 season. all those guys recruiting him will prove irresistible. i can see after next year both kg and ray getting their last 2 year deals. howard will get to play for a ring with the core group for 2 more years then be the man with rr and pp as things transition to the next phase with jeff green, avery bradley and the #1 pick we are getting from the okc deal that everyone keeps forgetting along with our own pick.  only caveat will come down to money. ray and kg will have a conditional deal in place based on the new cba. likelyh they would both get $5m each based on the celts being able to land dwight for 15m or so. dwight will take slightly less than the max deal but i think he will do it to get a ring. that would give us perhaps the greatest starting 5 in history (no apologies to perk)...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!! : for the record, i believe the celts will be getting howard in 2012. i believe danny has timed everything just for that. shaq is done after theis year. jo may come back for one more year on his contract. no more 6m paydays after that last one. i can see danny getting the core four to all go down to orlando to convince dwight about the rightness of boston. you bet, if doc comes back, it will be for a 3-year deal so that he can help get howard here for the 2012 season. all those guys recruiting him will prove irresistible. i can see after next year both kg and ray getting their last 2 year deals. howard will get to play for a ring with the core group for 2 more years then be the man with rr and pp as things transition to the next phase with jeff green, avery bradley and the #1 pick we are getting from the okc deal that everyone keeps forgetting along with our own pick.  only caveat will come down to money. ray and kg will have a conditional deal in place based on the new cba. likelyh they would both get $5m each based on the celts being able to land dwight for 15m or so. dwight will take slightly less than the max deal but i think he will do it to get a ring. that would give us perhaps the greatest starting 5 in history (no apologies to perk)...

Really?  Really?  let me see if I understand this..... there will be a new CBA which will likely include a hard cap, one that will severely restrict player movement.

So then the Cs 4 core players, only two of which are signed beyond next season, at which point one will be a 36 year old small forward on his last legs, the other a point guard who can't get the ball wet when standing waist deep in the ocean.... and collectively they will convince Howard, who may want to play with a team that has a future, will jump at the chance........

Yeah I think I got it now...........you know how when you didn't hear the joke and two people are laughing uncontrollably and they are laughing so hard for so long that you just start laughing?  That is how I am laughing right now.

Let's see Dwight... (assuming you can go play for teams depending on the new CBA)  you can go play with Griffin, Gordon, Williams, DeAndre Jordan or Horford, Johnson, J Smith, Hinrich or Tyreke Evans, Demarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson or Brand, Iggy, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Turner or KG and Ray playing for the veteran minimum and looking like it, Rondo, and Pierce near the end with a 1 or two year opportunity to win......  yeah I can see that landing in the Celtics favor every time.  And I only mentioned a few teams that actually have a good young core, there are many many more enticing opportunities than what the Cs will have to offer.  The money doesn't matter to those guys because no matter where they go they will get paid, the rings are all that matters - so why on Earth would he go somewhere there is no chance to win?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME TO TRADE RONDO +BRING BACK KENDRICK ABDUL-JABBAR RUSSELL-CHAMBERLAIN PERKINS!! : Really?  Really?  let me see if I understand this..... there will be a new CBA which will likely include a hard cap, one that will severely restrict player movement. So then the Cs 4 core players, only two of which are signed beyond next season, at which point one will be a 36 year old small forward on his last legs, the other a point guard who can't get the ball wet when standing waist deep in the ocean.... and collectively they will convince Howard, who may want to play with a team that has a future, will jump at the chance........ Yeah I think I got it now...........you know how when you didn't hear the joke and two people are laughing uncontrollably and they are laughing so hard for so long that you just start laughing?  That is how I am laughing right now. Let's see Dwight... (assuming you can go play for teams depending on the new CBA)  you can go play with Griffin, Gordon, Williams, DeAndre Jordan or Horford, Johnson, J Smith, Hinrich or Tyreke Evans, Demarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson or Brand, Iggy, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Turner or KG and Ray playing for the veteran minimum and looking like it, Rondo, and Pierce near the end with a 1 or two year opportunity to win......  yeah I can see that landing in the Celtics favor every time.  And I only mentioned a few teams that actually have a good young core, there are many many more enticing opportunities than what the Cs will have to offer.  The money doesn't matter to those guys because no matter where they go they will get paid, the rings are all that matters - so why on Earth would he go somewhere there is no chance to win?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]dud, rondo is the BEST pg possible for the celts right now not only with the big 3, but going forward under ainge and doc or the next doc-type coach. like with belichick, its the SYSTEM not the players necessarily. rondo is like danny woodhead or ben jarvis-greeen ellis. on his own, who the heck wants him. get him to foxboro and he's a stud. rondo is NOT the best pg in the nba as was proven during the olympics. there are at least 5 other guys that a coach k would pick before even considering a rondo. but he's the BEST for us, like jason varitek with the sox or even derek jeter with the yanks. it is what it is. if you're howard, y do you want to waste more time on hype? 

i see the core 4 getting at least 2 more rings after this year! forget about the ages its the heath. these guys are all physical specimens in the tradition of karl malone or abdul-jabbar , reggie miller and jordan himself who was scoring 40 at 40. i can see all THREE playing at this level when at 40. so yep thats the window. ray could go til 41 or even 42.  if i am danny, its 40 with all 3. howard would be the key transition piece. if its not about the money, y wouldnt he come here? you must look beyond today. like with belichick with the new cba in the nfl, danny likewise has set himself up to pounce on all advantages. there's a reson all those contracts end after 2011. no need to do green or bb til after the cba. whatever it is, DA could pull off numbers to fit dwight in. don't forget that after 2011, we get about $8m off just with shaq and JO llaving or retiring. the rest of dwight's money could come from massive cuts to ray and kg. 

think outside the BOX! miami heat have no shot at him, the lakers must trade away bynum and some other poeces and draft picks to have a shot, i really do not see that happening. it will come down to the nets and us foe i see knicks going after cp3. if they can get him under the cba, we certainly can get howard under ours!

after watching the celts beat down the nets, y would howard want to risk the same fate in jersey. injuries happen, plus by 2012 talent willnot be maxed around him in jersy. to win NOW, it would be the celts baby!

Sections
Shortcuts