Keep Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Keep Rondo

If all we're expecting back is peanuts in exchange for Rondo, better to keep him and stock up on spot shooters and finishers.  

Rondo on point, Marshawn Brooks at shooting guard, Jeff Green at small forward, Olynyk at power forward and a rotation of bigs at center, starting with Iverson.  Sullinger may not be ready for the opener but you could put in Green at shooting guard and slide Sully in at small forward to get your best 5 on the floor, but you need 6 in today's NBA to be competitive.

This team as constructed is middle of the road or final playoff spot at best, the good news is we have nice contracts and room to move, I know most of you have a woody to trade Rondo, but if he finally grows up, he is easily one of the best players in the NBA.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Keep Rondo

In response to wozzy's comment:

If all we're expecting back is peanuts in exchange for Rondo, better to keep him and stock up on spot shooters and finishers.  

Rondo on point, Marshawn Brooks at shooting guard, Jeff Green at small forward, Olynyk at power forward and a rotation of bigs at center, starting with Iverson.  Sullinger may not be ready for the opener but you could put in Green at shooting guard and slide Sully in at small forward to get your best 5 on the floor, but you need 6 in today's NBA to be competitive.

This team as constructed is middle of the road or final playoff spot at best, the good news is we have nice contracts and room to move, I know most of you have a woody to trade Rondo, but if he finally grows up, he is easily one of the best players in the NBA.

I wonder if Rondo will always need something to have a chip on his shoulder or if he will look upon his new situaton as a new challenge with nothing standing in his way.  No Doc who has been with him from an ineffective rookie days till recently.  No KG, the defacto leader and a big presence despite all the lip service to making Rondo the leader.  An intellectual coach who will offer him an opportunity to participate and be coached as well.  I wonder if Rondo will manufacture some target to drive him (like KG) or will he be able to find that drive from within (like Pierce).  KG needed to get frothing at the mouth against all opponents to keep going.  What will Rondo need to get up and compete at a high level?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I 100% expect Rondo to have a chip on his shoulder. How could he not? A lot of people throughout the NBA think that Rondo was carried by RA, PP, KG and Doc. Add that to the ACL injury ... and he has a lot to prove. He thinks he is the best, and he will aspire to that.

This is why I think there's a 50/50 chance that we contend next year (2014-15),

If:

Rondo comes back better. Jeff takes the next step into an allstar. Bradley shines next to Rondo. Olynyk and Sullinger shock everyone with their skill, being NBA ready and ability to spread the floor beautifully.

On top of that, we will still have Wallace (who is essentiall a starting SF coming off the bench as a 6th man), Courtney Lee (who I think had the worst season of his career last year and will definitely turn it around), Brandon Bass (who was essentially a starter for a contending team and is a solid option at PF) and the two young SGs (Crawford and Brooks can really score, one of them will outshine the other, lets hope its Brooks).

On top of that, we have two first round picks next year

On top of that, we have cap space to go out and put in a QO on a guy like Monroe/Sanders/Cousins or sign Bogut or depending on where other teams are at, I think we may even have enough assets at that point to put a nice package together for Love/MGasol/Noah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So Ainge adds a near 7' 260 pound Euro center to the team. This guys drains nearly 80% of his free throws, has three point range, shoots 60% from the floor, even though he doesn't have amazing hops he can run the floor and finish strong like Olynyk.  Both can shoot the lights out from every spot on the floor, nearly every other player on our team is the same at their respective positions; solid shooters, solid jump shooters, hit their free throws, give effort on the defensive end, have complete games and are finishers.    

If you wanted to put a team around the most unconventional, pass first point guard in the NBA, this would be that kind of team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

So Ainge adds a near 7' 260 pound Euro center to the team. This guys drains nearly 80% of his free throws, has three point range, shoots 60% from the floor, even though he doesn't have amazing hops he can run the floor and finish strong like Olynyk.  Both can shoot the lights out from every spot on the floor, nearly every other player on our team is the same at their respective positions; solid shooters, solid jump shooters, hit their free throws, give effort on the defensive end, have complete games and are finishers.    

If you wanted to put a team around the most unconventional, pass first point guard in the NBA, this would be that kind of team.

RR will do what is needed! He is a very talented player.

The new coach will be well advised to work closely with RR!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We are llking very good, Danny better do something or we will win too many games..  We might be a bit better than we were last year as a team and especially with Doc gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

A young middle of the pack team, with 9 1st round picks in the next 5 drafts, and a $10mil trade exception to spend next summer in a deep FA year...not a horrible position to be in. Let rondo and sully come back at their own pace. If we get a great offer for rondo, fine. If not, that's fine too. Give the new coach a year to get acclimated. Then go all in next summer. Not bad at all. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Also, regarding rondo, I imagine he would very much like to prove that he can lead this team to a title without KG and PP. Not this year, but I'm sure he wants it pretty bad, especially after all the negative talk about him this year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

Also, regarding rondo, I imagine he would very much like to prove that he can lead this team to a title without KG and PP. Not this year, but I'm sure he wants it pretty bad, especially after all the negative talk about him this year. 

Not only prove that he can lead an NBA  team to a title himself but in doing so, earn a max contract like other elite NBA PGs he seeks to emulate.

Contrast the future max-contract seeking Rondo with the current version whom the Pistons offered Brandon Knight for.

Ouuuuuuuch!!!

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not only prove that he can lead an NBA  team to a title himself but in doing so, earn a max contract like other elite NBA PGs he seeks to emulate.

Contrast the future max-contract seeking Rondo with the current version whom the Pistons offered Brandon Knight for.

Ouuuuuuuch!!!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

ThePistons never made an offer for Rondo. Although, because he is injured teams are checking if Danny is dumb enough to sell cheap. Danny isn't. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I 100% expect Rondo to have a chip on his shoulder. How could he not? A lot of people throughout the NBA think that Rondo was carried by RA, PP, KG and Doc. Add that to the ACL injury ... and he has a lot to prove. He thinks he is the best, and he will aspire to that.

If:

Rondo comes back better. Jeff takes the next step into an allstar. Bradley shines next to Rondo. Olynyk and Sullinger shock everyone with their skill, being NBA ready and ability to spread the floor beautifully.

On top of that, we will still have Wallace (who is essentiall a starting SF coming off the bench as a 6th man), Courtney Lee (who I think had the worst season of his career last year and will definitely turn it around), Brandon Bass (who was essentially a starter for a contending team and is a solid option at PF) and the two young SGs (Crawford and Brooks can really score, one of them will outshine the other, lets hope its Brooks).

On top of that, we have cap space to go out and put in a QO on a guy like Monroe/Sanders/Cousins or sign Bogut or depending on where other teams are at, I think we may even have enough assets at that point to put a nice package together for Love/MGasol/Noah

Rondo is all about me me me. Now with nobody around him to take the spotlight... Watch out.....They will need two basketballs because he ain't given one up. Rondo will NOT !!!! last the season in Celtic green........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

If:

Rondo is all about me me me. Now with nobody around him to take the spotlight... Watch out.....They will need two basketballs because he ain't given one up. Rondo will NOT !!!! last the season in Celtic green........

[/QUOTE]

lmaoooo...so the point guard who leads the league in assists, constantly rewarding guys for running the floor and making crisp cuts, is all about me me me? 

oh. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

If:

lmaoooo...so the point guard who leads the league in assists, constantly rewarding guys for running the floor and making crisp cuts, is all about me me me? 

oh. 

I believe what he may be ultimately referring to is Rondo's singular speciality-passing. Of course he can rebound because there's no one around to put a body on him(we all know why).  Anyone w/ his speed can easily gather 4-5 bounds a game due to this fact. Anyone putting in his minutes also gets @ least 2/gm just being on the floor. He should actually be averaging more bounds a gm if he wasn't doing his reach around thing that we've all done when getting beat. These circumstances leaves the defense exposed if he somehow doesn't get a whiff of the ball. It's like a defenseman in hockey who tries to get offensive and misses. Only one defenseman in hockey history was able to pull this off w/ any consistency. I've seen Bobby Orr. Rondo is no Bobby Orr. Even Larry Joe knows that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

If:

oh. 

I believe what he may be ultimately referring to is Rondo's singular speciality-passing. Of course he can rebound because there's no one around to put a body on him(we all know why).  Anyone w/ his speed can easily gather 4-5 bounds a game due to this fact. Anyone putting in his minutes also gets @ least 2/gm just being on the floor. He should actually be averaging more bounds a gm if he wasn't doing his reach around thing that we've all done when getting beat. These circumstances leaves the defense exposed if he somehow doesn't get a whiff of the ball. It's like a defenseman in hockey who tries to get offensive and misses. Only one defenseman in hockey history was able to pull this off w/ any consistency. I've seen Bobby Orr. Rondo is no Bobby Orr. Even Larry Joe knows that.

More rebounds??? He's the best or one of 3 best PGs in rebounds! 

Anyone w/ his speed can easily gather 4-5 bounds a game due to this fact.

There're so many quick pointguards in the league and only 4 or 5 of them average more than 4 reb per game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

[QUOTE]

If:

oh. 

There're so many quick pointguards in the league and only 4 or 5 of them average more than 4 reb per game.

[/QUOTE]

One of my central points is that he gets these because no one is close enough to box him out. Why? I guess I have to spell it out for you. He can't/won't shoot. His stats are artificially inflated because of his flaws. Simply put: If you want to tank or never win another championship, Rondo's your man. He's just good enough to make you and yours fall in love with him.  The discernible man is not a fan...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I got your meaning, fhat what it's worth.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If:

oh. 

[/QUOTE]

One of my central points is that he gets these because no one is close enough to box him out. Why? I guess I have to spell it out for you. He can't/won't shoot. His stats are artificially inflated because of his flaws. Simply put: If you want to tank or never win another championship, Rondo's your man. He's just good enough to make you and yours fall in love with him.  The discernible man is not a fan...

[/QUOTE]

He gets more rebounds because he can't shoot? LMAO 

Of his ~5.5 RPG only ~1 is an offensive rebound and other ~4.5 are on the defensive end.

Ok, if there's no one to put a body on him then there's nobody to put a body on an opposite PG too, right? So why this opposite PG doesn't grab it? Can you explain this?

I'll tell you again that there are many not only very quick but also big and athletic PGs in the game but Rondo beats them in the rebound battle because he's just a very good rebounder and not because he plays matador defense and can't shoot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Rondo's final playoff game against the NBA champions before getting hurt he played 53 minutes, scored 44 points, 8 boards and ten assists... he wasn't simply the best Celtic's player, he was the best player on either team.  He was the first Celtic ever to score 40 points and have 10 assists in a playoff game.

Is Rondo a perfect player, no, is he still one of the best players in the NBA; unquestionably.  Did I mention he already won a ring as a starting point guard...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If:

oh. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of his ~5.5 RPG only ~1 is an offensive rebound and other ~4.5 are on the defensive end.

Ok, if there's no one to put a body on him then there's nobody to put a body on an opposite PG too, right? So why this opposite PG doesn't grab it? Can you explain this?

I'll tell you again that there are many not only very quick but also big and athletic PGs in the game but Rondo beats them in the rebound battle because he's just a very good rebounder and not because he plays matador defense and can't shoot.

[/QUOTE]

Gentlemen- Regarding his ability to rebound, I stand corrected.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If:

oh. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gentlemen- Regarding his ability to rebound, I stand corrected.

[/QUOTE]

Respect!

Sections
Shortcuts