Kelly Olynyk to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Kelly Olynyk to Boston

Knowing the importance of this draft I was really looking forward to this draft and once again I leave disappointed. I can't watch this cr*p. Danny Ainge is an idiot. Maybe that's why Doc and Ray Allen left. They were tired of his stupidity. I hope he makes me eat my words but this trade was pure idiocy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Olynyk? I can already see him lagging behind while Rondo runs on in front of him in a fast break!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Good chance the jazz were going to take him. 2d round picks are nearly worthless anyway. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

Knowing the importance of this draft I was really looking forward to this draft and once again I leave disappointed. I can't watch this cr*p. Danny Ainge is an idiot. Maybe that's why Doc and Ray Allen left. They were tired of his stupidity. I hope he makes me eat my words but this trade was pure idiocy.

So who would you have picked?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Why would they trade 3 picks for this kid? I didn't want him at 16. If it was just the second rounders and they kept the 16, then I'm ok with it. the kid might be an ok rotation guy, but let's be honest, they would have gotten a similar caliber player at 16, and next year might have gotten a rotation player or two out of that second round. If this is true Danny really should be canned....just from this move. (And I've always liked him)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

That's true of all players, but right now I'd rather have 3 "let's wait and see" guys in the next 2 years than just one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

A disasterous pick...just awful.

Olynyk will get half his shots blocked in the NBA, and the other half the time he will be called for traveling.

We should have kept Lucas Nogueira.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

If moving the draft board is just to get Olynyk why not taking Muhammad at 13...Olynyk is a project with low rewards but high risks, Muhammad is a high risks but high rewards prospect can't get the rationale of Danny....hopefully all of us is wrong with our judgement!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

There simply has to be more to this trade.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Insane. Absolutely insane trade. I think Danny Ainge has lost his fr* gg*n mind. He just tanked the Celtics for a few years...

Disasterous pick...just awful.

In the NBA Olynyk will get half his shots blocked, and the other half the time he will be called for traveling.

We should have kept Lucas Nogueira.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I liked Shabazz Muhammad, Gorgui Dieng, and  Tony Mitchell. Olynyk was a safe pick. He is technically sound. Not athletic but a smart guy. Kinda like Sullinger. I would have preferred Muhammad or Dieng but oh well, nothing we can do about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Insane. Absolutely insane trade. I think Danny Ainge has lost his fr* gg*n mind. He just tanked the Celtics for a few years...

Maybe the Jazz or Bucks would've picked Olynyk. I think that's why Ainge needed to move up to #13.

[/QUOTE]
    Jazz have plenty of big men and bucks have Sanders already! I would rather have Schroeder or Muhammad although high risks but high rewards also....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I

[/QUOTE]

I liked Shabazz Muhammad, Gorgui Dieng, and  Tony Mitchell. Olynyk was a safe pick. He is technically sound. Not athletic but a smart guy. Kinda like Sullinger. I would have preferred Muhammad or Dieng but oh well, nothing we can do about it.

[/QUOTE]

m not liking it either... so the Cs lack rebounding and inside defense and they get a guy who does neither of those things well...maybe he turns out alright but Ainge really misses in these drafts for the most part because he thinks he knows more than anyone else and tries to get cute but most time his picks recently turn out to be busts... now sully was a no brainer and he was just lucky to get him but even he could be an injury waiting to happen every hear....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The kid can score. I'll give him that. He does have the potential to make us all eat crow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

No matter who we picked, some would by crying fowl....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

WHAT?

OK, I am no NBA Genius and the same can be said for the rest of you on this board or you would be working for an NBA Team. That being said, Ainge needs to fired. I live in Spokane, WA and see plenty of Olynyk. He is SOFT and slower than Greg Kite. All Gonzaga players sheet the bed in the NBA {only one Stockton} and they play in a Conference that is really one step above AAU Ball. This is depressing!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The kid can score. I'll give him that. He does have the potential to make us all eat crow.

His moves are slow as Christmas. He will get eaten alive in the NBA.

I can't believe Ainge blew this so bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

No matter who we picked, some would by crying fowl....

For me its not necessarily the pick its what Ainge gave up for it....i may be alone in this but I think Ainge should be replaced as well... why not clear the air entirely and get a fresh perspective ... 

25. This post has been removed.