Kelly Olynyk to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Kelly Olynyk to Boston

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Because he's got to go!..He's a terrible GM...Danny Strange strikes again...and the tall, skinny unathletic Canadian does too...just a terrible pick...

Or is this not another example of a bad prediction?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

It is great fun making a guess at how these guys will do  in the NBA after seeing them in that congested college game.  Obviously, even the GM's get it wrong (ie Thomas Robinson).  I admired Oly at Gonzaga and was pissed he had improved so much, and his team went to No 1, so that the C's could not get him.  He looked so agile, balanced, and alert for a 7 footer.  But seeing him the open NBA style, where he can play like a point 2, I am stunned and am wearing a wide grin.  I see more Bird than Dirk in this guy.  Danny was probably wrong on Oly also.  Danny said "He won't be an all star".   

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Great move by Boston, KO in 36 months will be a very good player if he has help.  Seven foot powerfiness player with skills and a great Coach to help him along the way.   Ainge continues to find good talent past the top 15.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I love reviving threads like this, months, even years from now just to remind all the lazy boy recliner talent evaluators why they don't work in the NBA...

And from all the doom and gloom posts I have read thus far... this one is gonna be a classic nose-rubbing thread to bring up in 6 months to separate the men from the boys.  Can't wait.  

C's got the guy I wanted... thx DA.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Could be...but we have to wait until we see the canuk play against the real NBA players..after seeing the kid against the scrubs I have said on these VERY threads that I thought he could be a very good NBA player...unlike others you and I know from the football threads, I can admit when I'm wrong, and be happy about it if the guy turns out to be good...so what is your point other than that? HMMMMMMMMMM???

That there's a world of difference between just playing in Summer League and dominating it, he dominated Summer League play.  

And I've been predicting player success since these boards became available, Olynyk is a solid NBA player at worst, a superstar at best...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i value wozzy's opinions more than MelWitt's. like the difference between thoughtful and contrived. 

bp

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

From the reactions of the scouts in the Summer League, including Kevin Mchale, I suspect a lot of nay sayers in this thread will be eating many a crows when the "skinny Canadian" plays in the regular season.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

...how long have you been working for the Celtics and Pats????

Says the guy who suggested firing Ainge... rich.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

From the reactions of the scouts in the Summer League, including Kevin Mchale, I suspect a lot of nay sayers in this thread will be eating many a crows when the "skinny Canadian" plays in the regular season.

That's "crow" Steve, not "crows"...I like mine with hot sauce...lmao...

You missed the "many a" part.

"many a crows" has a much better ring with the overall message.

Incorrect plural-singular-plural combinations are fun to include in posts. Keeps everybody on their toes.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

"Yes it is...you really must not selectively take past quotes without checking them all oh great one...I do not believe that KO will be a superstar like you do, UNTIL he proves it against real NBA players, not the rub-a-dub scrubs he's been playing against...and DA has made as many strange moves as GM as he has good ones...but once I saw the "skinny canadian" play, I am allowing DA to achieve GM greatness with my blessings...much like you already have, apparently.."

melwitt

Don't worry. The "skinny Canadian" will have team mates that will be far better than "rub-a-dub scrubs" and he'll figure out how to work with them to his advantage, when he will be playing against "real NBA players". The good news with players like KO with high court vision IQ is they know its a team game. He'll have rookie mistakes to be sure, but he'll be alright.

23. This post has been removed.