Kendrick Perkins

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Re: Kendrick Perkins

Notice that he played well with Garnett. Remove Garnett from the equation and he's an average player. 

Probably doesn't have the same level of respect for his team mates like he did in Boston. That's all I can put it down to. Although the guy does look more fit now. Played very good D on Howard when he was in Orlando. So he is capable.

Back up centre these days at best. I don't see any player on the Thunder roster who has the presence of KG. 

I think he'd do really well with The Spurs. Stronger environment than The Thunder and guys there who have leadership qualities like KG.  I think he'd thrive in Brooklyn as well. Because of KG and Pierce being there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There you go stealing my lines again ... Tsk, Tsk!!!

PS: Clean up your spelling and take a foreign exchange class in "writing interpretation" in your spare time and you'll be able to fool more Americans into believing that you too really are a U.S. citizen.

{/QUOTE]

It's what people in the USA call "a taste of your own medicine".

And I never made any statements regarding if I'm American or not.

All I said was I'm not in the U.S. 

I just told you in lesson #2 that you don't place puntuation marks outside of the quotation marks!

Jeesh Fungus ... Write like an American or go post on some Indonesian sports blog ... C'mon man!

[/QUOTE]

If good puncuation and grammar skills determines you're an American on here most of us would be foreigners....haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's two guys we dumped just in time ... Perk and Big Baby !!!

how did we dump big baby just in time?  just in time for him to keep improving (in PER performance in points, rebounds, and overall maturity, leadership, continuing to expand his game?  and just in time for bass to come in and underachieve for us- proof positive that doc rivers not only doesn't know how to coach young bigs but doesn't care a thing about them.  that's just doc.

you serious with the quip or what?! 

[/QUOTE]

Improving?  Perkins had The LOWEST PER in the NBA last year.  He was bad to begin with and is now  devolving.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In retrospect, cant agree on dumping BBD..  he improved in a lot of ways and was certainly a more valuable player than Bass...

Unfortunately, its my belief Doc and his incompetence is what cost us BBD.. Just another player Doc couldnt handle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In retrospect, cant agree on dumping BBD..  he improved in a lot of ways and was certainly a more valuable player than Bass...

Unfortunately, its my belief Doc and his incompetence is what cost us BBD.. Just another player Doc couldnt handle.

it speaks volumes about this board that people still feel the need to bemoan the loss of Davis.

Really? Who cares?  

And Perkins as well. I really cant imagine a player being much more irrelevant than he is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Yeah, I agree, but "incompetency" is a stronger word than I would use.  A good coach gets the most out of his players.  Doc clearly did not have a positive relationship with some players, especially the younger ones, and I think he ruined the confidence and productivity of some.  That is a major reason Doc would have been a disaster as a coach during the rebuild.  I see Lee, Bradley and Green thriving without Doc.  BBD is head and shoulders better than Bass.  Wish we had him back. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I agree with 37stories. BBD and Perk in green are in the past.

As for Perk being lost in OKC. I think it should've been expected, kind of.

Here, in Boston, he didn't have to score much - just set picks and grab an occasional rebound. The defensive end was where he earned his perceived high value. But it was a very unique setup that, among other things, masked his deficiencies and promoted his strengths.

Now he found himself in completely different system that doesn't utilize many of his skills.

AK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Perk's only skill was that he was a big 6'10" and had KG underneath to help him on D. Now he is just 6'10"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Just a Fungus bait job ... LOL ... But you have to admit (since you & I have always been on opposing sides of the Baby argument) that he's hit his ceiling.

thanks for exposing yourself.  now you can join fierce on my block list of turkeys who are a total waste of time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

YES, just like doc and his incompetence cost bass' productivity and jerlame o'neal's too- i'm talking when o'neal was healthy he should have been more than he was for us. 

doc clearly had a demented daddy dearest thing with davis that wasto the detriment of the team and then telling bass "no more post up looks for you" was as dumb a move as ever could be made- bass averaged .8 points per post up look- not bad.  not lifetime ban bad.  that number is even halfway good.  not like we had an abundance of post players anyway!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

it speaks volumes about this board that people still feel the need to bemoan the loss of Davis.

Really? Who cares?  

And Perkins as well. I really cant imagine a player being much more irrelevant than he is.

Two players that are so irrelevant and non issues and here you are making a post, not about them, but about other people that post about them.... talk about speaking volumes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Really? Who cares?  

Two players that are so irrelevant and non issues and here you are making a post, not about them, but about other people that post about them.... talk about speaking volumes

[/QUOTE]

I am commenting on the fact that neither one of these players is worth talking about as a major loss for the Celtics and that people on this board show a lack of knowledge by continuing to talk about them as "oh if we only still had davis and Perkins"

They are journeymen. No one cares about either of them. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The truth is that you don't care about either of them. Apparently others still do.

Try speaking for yourself.

Otherwise, you speak obviously... for no one.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

The truth is that you don't care about either of them. Apparently others still do.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Point taken.

No one with any basketball knowledge cares about the loss of BBD or Perkins. 

Thanks for working with me on this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pud

Point taken.

Your tediously dull premise is a microcosm of why your posts are generally useless & irrelevant....I usually read them to absorb your mental dullness and empathize what it  feels like to be a person with borderline intelligence

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fact: Kendrick Perkins was and is a severely limited NBA player.  Even with that he had a very defined role on the Celtics due to Garnett and rest of the starting team.  At eight million a year he is probably the most overpaid player in the NBA and if not that the least talented. He is not worth much more discussion even with the new era of rebuilding. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It's truly difficult to comprehend those that feel Perkins is unworthy of discussion, discussing him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Pud

Point taken.

Your tediously dull premise is a microcosm of why your posts are generally useless & irrelevant....I usually read them to absorb your mental dullness and empathize what it  feels like to be a person with borderline intelligence

Oh.

So me saying that Perkins is a journeyman who people with basketball knowledge consider to be irrelevant means that I am mentally dull and have borderline intelligence.

What is your "Premise"? is it different than mine?

Poor Karl.

All mad. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pud

Point taken.

Oh.

So me saying that Perkins is a journeyman who people with basketball knowledge consider to be irrelevant means that I am mentally dull and have borderline intelligence.

Poor Karl.

All mad. 

Maybe you should review your orignal post before twisting what you claim you said and reacting like a little schoolgirl that had her ponytails tugged on. 

What you did say is nobody with basketball knowledge cares about the loss of BBD or Perk..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Pud

Point taken.

Oh.

Poor Karl.

All mad. 

Maybe you should review your orignal post before twisting what you claim you said and reacting like a little schoolgirl that had her ponytails tugged on. 

What you did say is nobody with basketball knowledge cares about the loss of BBD or Perk..

Right. And that Is what I think. What do you think? Do you have a different viewpoint?

Why does that make you angry?

Grrrr.  So mad.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Kendrick Perkins working to have some semblance of an offensive game

Kurt Helin

Aug 12, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT

29 Comments Kendrick PerkinsAP

Last season, other teams largely would ignoreKendrick Perkins on the offensive end. The Thunder would try to get him going pretty much every night, throwing the ball to him in the post on the first couple trips down the court, getting him some touches before letting Kevin Durant andRussell Westbrook take over.

How did it work? Perkins shot a career low 45.7 percent and his PER of 8.2 was the lowest in the NBA of anyone getting 25 minutes a game or more. The Thunder’s starting five was +10.6 per 48 minutes when he was on the court last season. Take out Perkins and replace him in that same lineup with Hasheem Thabeet and the Thunder were +19.3 per 48 minutes.

The Thunder didn’t amnesty Perkins this summer, but they need to do something to have more out of him on offense, and he told the Oklahoman he was working on that.

-------------------------------

This article doesn't even get into how many passes were lost off his stone hands.  I was NEVER a Perkins fan and was overjoyed when Danny traded him.  I find that most fans who defended Perkins and protested his trade also support Rondo.  Just an observation.

Perkins was ok, not great, with Boston because the tempo was not all that fast.  Perkins might be the slowest player in the NBA, and running to keep up with the likes of Westbrook, whom I don't like at all as a PG (the ball's in his hands too much), and Durant, et al.  Perkins just doesn't fit their profile.  He needs a slow-down team to give him sufficient opportunity to get up and down the court.  Too bad he never was college material because the old "Princeton offense" was just made for him. 

25. This post has been removed.