Kendrick Perkins

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Kendrick Perkins

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Perk did what he was brought to do, which was to man the interior against gasol and bynum.  He was a 1-2 year gamble.  He did his job, but they didn't win a championship.  Now he's a backup quality center.

I would agree if you take out the word quality.... Perkins is completely lost in the OKC system...he has absolutely no skills except trying to bully people and when he slimmed down even that was gone...

Technically I should have said backup-quality center, making it a compound adjective.  I wasn't saying he was a quality backup (although I would say he's above average backup center).  he hasn't been a backup for okc, he's been a starter.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You'd have to think you were pretty tough to pick a bar fight with perk. 

Perk could well show up at someone's door wanting to continue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

That assault charge was from him punching a woman. That's real tough. Perk is was and always be an overpaid stiff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  I find that most fans who defended Perkins and protested his trade also support Rondo"

Interesting because I find most fans who disrespect certain players from our championship team (e.g. Rondo) disrespect other players on that team (e.g. Perkins), even though they have never won anything in their lives. 

One interesting aspect is that these fans focus only on the flaws of a given player, not their strengths. Nevermind Perk was the best big man defender in the league back then, because he coudln't shoot he was essentially worthless. It was all or nothing for these folks. 

Too bad as I respect everyone from that championship team. 

And yeah, we traded Perk and it may have cost us a championship. Both O'Neals went down. Then we got Jeff Green, perpetual head case, in return. Yeah, overjoyed. Sure whatever. That was a terrible trade.

Where are the anti-Jeff Green threads from you? He' hasn't won anything, unlike the guys you hate who helped get us rings. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Kendrick Perkins working to have some semblance of an offensive game

Kurt Helin

Aug 12, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT

29 Comments Kendrick PerkinsAP

Last season, other teams largely would ignoreKendrick Perkins on the offensive end. The Thunder would try to get him going pretty much every night, throwing the ball to him in the post on the first couple trips down the court, getting him some touches before letting Kevin Durant andRussell Westbrook take over.

How did it work? Perkins shot a career low 45.7 percent and his PER of 8.2 was the lowest in the NBA of anyone getting 25 minutes a game or more. The Thunder’s starting five was +10.6 per 48 minutes when he was on the court last season. Take out Perkins and replace him in that same lineup with Hasheem Thabeet and the Thunder were +19.3 per 48 minutes.

The Thunder didn’t amnesty Perkins this summer, but they need to do something to have more out of him on offense, and he told the Oklahoman he was working on that.

-------------------------------

This article doesn't even get into how many passes were lost off his stone hands.  I was NEVER a Perkins fan and was overjoyed when Danny traded him.  I find that most fans who defended Perkins and protested his trade also support Rondo.  Just an observation.

Perk wears a ring and most satisfied with Bradely who is shooting very low percentage in last two games.

Sections
Shortcuts