Kendrick Perkins....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvuceltic. Show wvuceltic's posts

Kendrick Perkins....

The Savior to many of you is getting absolutely OWNED by Zac Randolph and Marc Gasol of Memphis. Has been an absolute non-factor in this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Kendrick Perkins....

i'd go so far as to say he wasn't much of a factor in the last series either.  averaging negligible points, not enough blocks, maybe some "toughness" (?), but not enough rebounds.

ibaka is doing all the front court heavy lifting for OKC

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

One game, is one game. Plus Perk has been playing Gasol, a jump shooter.

The Grizzlies like the Lakers, and the Celtics, have two great big people. I am surprized that Perk is not playing Randolph. That may change in game two. My guess is that game one was a learning experience for Oklahoma's coach.

Perk's strength is defending great low post players, one on one. So far in this series, it has not been used.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Kendrick Perkins....:
    [QUOTE]One game, is one game. Plus Perk has been playing Gasol, a jump shooter. The Grizzlies like the Lakers, and the Celtics, have two great big people. I am surprized that Perk is not playing Randolph. That may change in game two. My guess is that game one was a learning experience for Oklahoma's coach. Perk's strength is defending great low post players, one on one. So far in this series, it has not been used.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

He is not guarding Randolph because he can't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

you forgot na-na-na-nah.

We may see differently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk hasnt done much...

Lets not get into this stuff about Memphis doesnt have a post up center, therefore Perk is useless? lol  Cause thats just about what it means. He shouldnt need a tailored made team to contribute...

Not expected by me at least.. I thought his legend grew exponentially after he got injured.. Hes a below average center imo with lots of limitations. Reality may be setting in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think we miss Tony Allen more than we miss Perk!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

What a surprise, hands of stone is hopeless. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

One game is one game. Drawing a conclusion is premature.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GACELTFAN. Show GACELTFAN's posts

I am glad I am not the only one who was thinking this. OKC gives up 114 pst and countless defensive rebounds. I will be the first to say how much I appreciate what Perk did for us. I am just really tired of hearing about how bad the trade was and what a defensive juggernaut OKC would be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

exactly, perk can't guard zak randolph.  zak would take him outside and twist him up like a pretzel and then drive to the hoop right around statue perk!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]One game is one game. Drawing a conclusion is premature.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

Eight years is eight years.  Drawing a conclusion is premature.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Marc Gasol is definitely a player

I remember posting he was Perk's equal (with more offensive upside) and getting blasted as the village idiot by this entire board

Gasol is a legit 15p 10r big man and I'd rather see the Celts overpay him than pay what OKC had to pay for Perk.

SHAQ out today means we need to see JON and Kristic 20 mins ea , Kristic especially. And for the record, I STILL think it was crazy to give away Semih Erden , we could use him today.....Kristic better play , he was effective as was Erden , also Troy Murphy is active today as is Carlos Arroyo-----no Sasha which means we may have a Von Wafer sighting.....

I'll also be shocked if Jeff Green doesn't average 25 min a game this series , the Celtics finally finding a guy talented enough to give PP or RAY a rest in the playoffs......

God save the Queen , the Celtics are going for NBA Crown #18 , I say Celtics sweep the Miami Vice or do it in 5 , and will need SHAQ for game 3 (at the latest) to get it done.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kendrick Perkins.... : He is not guarding Randolph because he can't.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I have always agreed with you when it comes to Perk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

WHATEVER    STILL A DUMB TRADE    GETTING ALL THOSE USELESS PLAYERS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON?   THEY SHOULD RUN AINGE OUT OF TOWN

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

[QUOTE]Marc Gasol is definitely a player I remember posting he was Perk's equal (with more offensive upside) and getting blasted as the village idiot by this entire board Gasol is a legit 15p 10r big man and I'd rather see the Celts overpay him than pay what OKC had to pay for Perk. SHAQ out today means we need to see JON and Kristic 20 mins ea , Kristic especially. And for the record, I STILL think it was crazy to give away Semih Erden , we could use him today.....Kristic better play , he was effective as was Erden , also Troy Murphy is active today as is Carlos Arroyo-----no Sasha which means we may have a Von Wafer sighting..... I'll also be shocked if Jeff Green doesn't average 25 min a game this series , the Celtics finally finding a guy talented enough to give PP or RAY a rest in the playoffs...... God save the Queen , the Celtics are going for NBA Crown #18 , I say Celtics sweep the Miami Vice or do it in 5 , and will need SHAQ for game 3 (at the latest) to get it done.... 
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kendrick Perkins.... :
    Posted by soxfaninnewyork[/QUOTE]
    Jeff Green?  He always has a look on his face like " What am I doing here?" or just always looks lost   along with the other waste Murphy, Krstic and Petrovic
    Give me a break  what a waste
     Nate always gave Rondo a break, and when hot, hit 3 pointers.  Erdin and Harangody were developing very nicely.  Not to mention trading Tony Allen and Eddie House   Ainge should get together with Epstein from the Sox and go to New York where they belong   what a pair     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celtsfan4life
    Yes we miss TA far more than Perkins!  Perkins looks totally ineffective even in games the Thunder win.  Yes I know he set killer screens and picks but he is a player with terrible offensive skills and is not a rebounder of any consequence on offense or defense.  The trade was disruptive and ill timed but Perkins is not an impact player on any real level.  People are nuts on this issue.  Green and Kristic may have been the wrong choices and yes Perk was Rondo's best friend but Perk was not and is not that skilled a player.

Sections
Shortcuts