Kent bazemore to meet with celtics Wednesday.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Kent bazemore to meet with celtics Wednesday.

Still looking for guard help? Rondo gone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Kent bazemore to meet with celtics Wednesday.

He is the type of player we might be able to get.  No top free agents and no alpha dog draft selections.  Build a good team and go from there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Bazemore is a SG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

http://fansided.com/2014/07/07/kent-bazemore-rumors-meeting-spurs-celtics/" rel="nofollow">http://fansided.com/2014/07/07/kent-bazemore-rumors-meeting-spurs-celtics/" rel="nofollow">http://fansided.com/2014/07/07/kent-bazemore-rumors-meeting-spurs-celtics/ 

I have a feeling we got him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Terrible shooter, TO% is higher than I like, but has a good steal rate and is good on the D-boards. At least he's better than Pressey.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Where is his minutes are going to come from?  We have Smart, Bradley, Young, CJohnson that vying for some minutes at the position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Maybe they will be in a package for love.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Same as last year. Load up on SGs and PFs and create roster imbalance instead of pulling a 76ers tank job by just selling off your best players for peanuts.  Completely by design and accomplishes the same thing...losses. Bazemore isn't the missing piece to a Love deal. Lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Why are we meeting with NON-CENTERS?  We need to be meeting with centers ONLY.

Bazemore will not factor into anything the Celtics plan to do this upcoming season.  If we could get him for Pressey's salary, then sign him but I just don't see his value to this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We can you him in our no point guard offense with Stephenson

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Don't believe everything you hear from the media.

Ainge is just doing due diligence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Don't believe everything you hear from the media.

Ainge is just doing due diligence.

Well, Bazemore is a decent prospect.  He can shoot/score a little, really athletic, makes big plays, but he's really raw so he won't win you anything. Good for a developmental team like this. But with Blackhole Bradley at the two for the next 4 years, I kind of dont see the point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Well, Bazemore is a decent prospect.  He can shoot/score a little, really athletic, makes big plays, but he's really raw so he won't win you anything. Good for a developmental team like this. But with Blackhole Bradley at the two for the next 4 years, I kind of dont see the point.

And there are other teams out there who can offer more money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

And there are other teams out there who can offer more money.

Hahahaha!  If we can't afford a guy who averaged 6pts 1.5rebs and 1 ast per game on one of the worst teams in the league we are REALLY screwwwwwwwwwwed!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Hahahaha!  If we can't afford a guy who averaged 6pts 1.5rebs and 1 ast per game on one of the worst teams in the league we are REALLY screwwwwwwwwwwed!

Not really.

The plan to make a splash in free-agency was supposed to happen in 2015, not 2014.

But because of the "fireworks", expectations were raised.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Just say he'll no and move on

Always Right.....at least in my mind

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Not really.

The plan to make a splash in free-agency was supposed to happen in 2015, not 2014.

But because of the "fireworks", expectations were raised.

Well that plan is probably out the window.  By the end of 2015 we will again be a 25 win (or less) lottery team with Rondo leaving (if not already traded).  What self respecting free agent is going to choose to come to a full blown rebuilding team that will still have multiple years left to go before they sniff the playoffs?  They are saving their $$$$ for nothing.  Just like This offseason and Bradley they will only be able to use it to overpay their own guys while they watch other teams free agents sign elsewhere.

It may have worked had we gotten KLove, but now, what's the point?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Well that plan is probably out the window.  By the end of 2015 we will again be a 25 win (or less) lottery team with Rondo leaving (if not already traded).  What self respecting free agent is going to choose to come to a full blown rebuilding team that will still have multiple years left to go before they sniff the playoffs?  They are saving their $$$$ for nothing.  Just like This offseason and Bradley they will only be able to use it to overpay their own guys while they watch other teams free agents sign elsewhere.

It's a different story if the Celts can afford 2 max players in the summer 2015.

But I'm not complaining because I'm expecting a rebuild that will take 3 or more years to be complete.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

If Bradley goes to Indy in exchange for sending Stephenson to Minny we will need a SG so Young can be groomed at SF.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

If Bradley goes to Indy in exchange for sending Stephenson to Minny we will need a SG so Young can be groomed at SF.

Bradley can't be traded for months, Smart can't be traded for a full month. Stephenson will be signed somewhere long before we even have the option of moving these guys. 

The only thing Indy wants from the Celtics is Rondo, but they have nothing to offer that fits in with the rebuilding plan.  So, like the Love to Boston fantasy...It's Over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Bradley can't be traded for months, Smart can't be traded for a full month. Stephenson will be signed somewhere long before we even have the option of moving these guys. 

The only thing Indy wants from the Celtics is Rondo, but they have nothing to offer that fits in with the rebuilding plan.  So, like the Love to Boston fantasy...It's Over.

Who says Bradley can't be traded for months? You or that BrandX poster?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

This is almost as exciting as a Colton Iverson thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

It's a different story if the Celts can afford 2 max players in the summer 2015.

But I'm not complaining because I'm expecting a rebuild that will take 3 or more years to be complete.

Obviously I agree we are looking at a multi year rebuild.

I just don't see putting any hope at all in aqcuiring high end free agents within that time. The type of guys we could get are similar to Bazemore: coming off his rookie contract, somewhat underperformed for his last team, but still has some upside and could be molded in the right situation.

The 76ers could offer two max contracts right now, but I don't see any free agents going there this year...because they are terrible. It doesn't matter how much money a team has too spend, if you aren't offering guys an instant chance to compete they aren't going there. I seriously doubt any top notch free agent is going to choose this lottery team as their preferred destination next year, let alone two of them. Celtics making decisions in order to save money for future free agents is like me saving my money for a wedding ring for Kate Upton.  Just not really going to happen, unfortunately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Who says Bradley can't be traded for months? You or that BrandX poster?

[/QUOTE

The NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement.

"If a newly signed player is not part of a sign-and-trade, his new team cannot trade him until December 15 of the calendar year in which he was signed or three months after the date on which he signed, whichever arrives later."

Bradley's signing was not designated as a s&t so he falls under this category. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also: "When a team initiates a sign-and-trade agreement, it must trade the signed player immediately".  So if the plan was to move Bradley it would have had to be a designated sign and trade which means he would be gone already.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Why are we meeting with NON-CENTERS?  We need to be meeting with centers ONLY.

Bazemore will not factor into anything the Celtics plan to do this upcoming season.  If we could get him for Pressey's salary, then sign him but I just don't see his value to this team.

THIS^!!!

Sections
Shortcuts