Kentucky and its players WAY over-rated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Kentucky and its players WAY over-rated

Preseason pundits had as many as 7 players from Kentucky going in the first round of a strong draft!!  HA.  After losing their fifth game to LSU tonight, its apparent that This Kentucky team and its players are over-rated.  Seems to be a general issue that the media has with Kentucky.  Both Harrison twins should stay in school.  Neither one is remotely ready for the NBA.  Dakari plays about 10 MPG and should stay in school.  Poly hasn't shown anything all year.  Cauley Stein and his 3 points tonight looks like Melo.  I predict that tyranasaurus rex arms Randle will disappoint in the NBA.  

The Only player, besides maybe Randle, who looks like an impact NBA player is James Young 6'6" SG with a beautiful outside chooting form.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Kentucky and its players WAY over-rated

Looks like a slam dunk that DA should take Exum if we indeed have the 4th pick in the draft. 

Randle will never be more than a Sully/Baby type player in the big show.  Nice complimentary piece,  but not a marquee player deserving of a high lottery pick.  6 points, 5 rebounds...? 

Take the Australian kid in hopes that he can be the replacement for when Rondo is playing elsewhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Looks like a slam dunk that DA should take Exum if we indeed have the 4th pick in the draft. 

Randle will never be more than a Sully/Baby type player in the big show.  Nice complimentary piece,  but not a marquee player deserving of a high lottery pick.  6 points, 5 rebounds...? 

Take the Australian kid in hopes that he can be the replacement for when Rondo is playing elsewhere.

So you're ready to invest a Top 5 pick for a player you've never seen play a full game?  A player who's only competition so far could be considered a tad risque?  A player who reportedly has a work-in-progress jumpshot?  Following last night's performance, I'd be perfectly fine with DA taking DOUG MCDERMOTT ahead of the mystery Aussie. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

So you're ready to invest a Top 5 pick for a player you've never seen play a full game?  A player who's only competition so far could be considered a tad risque?  A player who reportedly has a work-in-progress jumpshot?  Following last night's performance, I'd be perfectly fine with DA taking DOUG MCDERMOTT ahead of the mystery Aussie. 

THIS.

Exum is so unknow. His highlight reel looks cool at first glance, but look deeper and you'll find he's playing against a bunch of s*ort, unathletic, non-nba prospect aussies. Not saying he can't be good, but he is FAR from a sure thing.

I also like McDermott, who, in fact, is a sure thing. McDermott stayed in school and has consistently posted excellent shooting and scoring numbers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

We haven't talked much about McDermott, but he may have the most accurate outsie chot (which the Cetlics desparately need) and array of ofensive weapons in college basketball.  If he is arpound for our second pick in mid first round, I'm sure Danny will look hard at him.  

His problem is defense.  Shades of Jimmer?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm glad you boys ain't Danny.  I like Mcdermott too, but as our second pick, somewhere in the 12 to 20 range. Top 4 Embiid. Parker, Wiggins and Exum. Smart and Randle are working their way down in the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

The title of this thread is perfect. I'm not sure if I'd take any of these guys. Harrisons need another year. Dakari Johnson simply isn't that good right now. James Young reminds me of Austin Rivers. Cauley-Stein has literally no idea what to do on the offensive side of the ball. Randle is good, I think he can be a player in the NBA, but the Celtics don't have a need for him.

I spent at least an hour yesterday watching YouTube clips on Dante Exum, because I'm convinced the Celtics are going to land the fourth pick and take him. If you watch the Draft Express video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSadteflk9Y) you'll see a good array of dribble drive moves, quickness, rebounding ability, and defensive ability. My favorite video is his highlights during the U19 World Cup Quarterfinals against Spain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IBvtMkkEdA) where he drops 33 points. Several very deep 3 pointers. It looks like he's been trying to add a little arch to his jumper. 

Sections
Shortcuts