Kentucky Star Noel Tears ACL...draft position

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Kentucky Star Noel Tears ACL...draft position

Hey Everyone,

I don't post here much, but I do read your comments.

This guy is a projected high lottery pick, then blows his knee out. Could he drop to the Celts? He could be the guy they have been hoping for.

LMK your thoughts.

Thx

http://www.boston.com/business/2013/03/08/former-everett-hoops-star-ignites-nba-age-debate/R7TPnrZfsHE7l7yz3i9gBN/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

Re: Kentucky Star Noel Tears ACL...draft position

He was projected to be #1 pick. Even with the ACL scare, I seriously doubt he will fall out of Top 5.

In response to TomOBrien's comment:

Hey Everyone,

I don't post here much, but I do read your comments.

This guy is a projected high lottery pick, then blows his knee out. Could he drop to the Celts? He could be the guy they have been hoping for.

LMK your thoughts.

Thx

http://www.boston.com/business/2013/03/08/former-everett-hoops-star-ignites-nba-age-debate/R7TPnrZfsHE7l7yz3i9gBN/story.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It would be great to see the Celtics draft him.  I don't think he will drop that far but I suppose it is possible.  He may also decide to return to school for another season.  As already mentioned in another post, he is from Massachusetts and it would be awesome for the Celtics to sign someone who grew up in the area.  It doesn't happen often. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Last year both Sullinger and PJIII fell off the charts due to injury scares.  Anything is possible, but like you all are saying, it's doubtful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sully had height and weight concerns as well... if he was a chiseled 6'11" he would have still gone top 10 and people would have just waited out the disc surgery

PJIII had a bit of that Michael Beasley low IQ/headcase thing going on, was also older than Noel, there were questions about his motor too

So you had guys expected to go 5-10 fall into the 20's. Noel is a guy expected to go top 3 who I doubt gets past 8-9.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Sorry for the delay in my response...been out of town. I know with the playoffs starting today, this is not a front-burner topic...If I counted correctly, it looks as though the C's are picking at 15. How about packaging our #1 with one of our guys to move up to about 7 or 8? I just don't know who would it take? Any ideas? Would Bass be enough?

I am glad everyone is safe...happy for Boston and kick butt C's! :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to TomOBrien's comment:

Sorry for the delay in my response...been out of town. I know with the playoffs starting today, this is not a front-burner topic...If I counted correctly, it looks as though the C's are picking at 15. How about packaging our #1 with one of our guys to move up to about 7 or 8? I just don't know who would it take? Any ideas? Would Bass be enough?

I am glad everyone is safe...happy for Boston and kick butt C's! :-)

Even with his injury he is still projected to be a top pick this year.  I don't think it is possible for the Celtics to draft him.  It would be great if Danny could somehow give up a player to move up in the draft but still not high enough to draft Noel.  As I said above that he is from Massachusetts and it would be great to see him playing for the Celtics.  He also fills a need for another big man.  Even though it isn't going to happen.