Kevin Garnett: Mark Blount Redux?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Kevin Garnett: Mark Blount Redux?

In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett: Mark Blount Redux?:
    In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett: Mark Blount Redux? : I'm not sure how this thread changed over to Bass vs Davis but .. Posted by heirplain

garnett is playing fantastic right now, no doubt about it. 

davis enters the discussion becuase if he was still here, garnett would not be playing the 5.  in my mind it's not worth KG playing the 5 just for that one possible instance when he gets fallen on or pushed and falls at the hands of a guy who outweighs him by 30 pounds. 

you're right that davis struggled against some of the more athletic 4's.  and that's why KG would play primary 4 and davis backup 4 and some primary 5 if he was here, just like last year when we were the undisputed best team in the freakin league until davis' patellar tendon injury.

bass is not as versatile as davis and could not D up bynum or howard without using a knife or a gun to stop them.  davis could.

i'm just wondering aloud did we trade "UP" and come up with the answer "NO" becuase it's not worth it in my mind to wear KG out at the 5 at his age.  but the trade in and of itself wasn't necessarily bad- the fact that danny then just bet the farm on jerlame playing a short lockout year PLUS playoffs of consistent 5 minutes afterwards was one of the worst follow up moves in the world.  simply God-awful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett: Mark Blount Redux? : And doc wanted davis out of boston because he was so "troublesome".  i think it was a big mistake and it's playing out right now with KG, albeit playing great, having to put his body through soaking up huge minutes at the 5 because bass can't even touch doing that job. and stat by stat, bass is not doing much more than davis this year, 3% better field goals, going steadily colder of late, nowhere near the defensive presence, not as good hands.  better pure jump shooter, perhaps quicker on a burst on a drive but nowhere near the footwork on defense and no help on the help defense system. davis was still improving as a player and was playing knockout ball and mopping up a TON of minutes at the 5 (if you remember, our best stretch of ball last year was when o'neal AND o'neal were both hurt) until his PATELLAR TENDON INJURY- which is not an insignificant injury- he was never the same after that- but many fans just wanted to ride him out of town on a rail for "being a fat guy" or whatever.  and doc rivers did too.  horrible coaching by doc to dime out davis to the press repetitively.  there's a good reason why grant hill categorically refused to come to boston more than once.... I bring this up because if we had davis right now, with KG playing the knockout ball that he is, he and davis had a great interplay on the floor, and davis also covered up a lot of defensive gaps- made life easy for the old guys. I mean we could really go deep and who knows what could happen in a short lockout year when a lot of these guys were not in ball shape because they thought the season was flushed = a LOT of injuries and more yet to come.  nobody in the celts thought that through- they just bet the farm on jermaine and that was that.  a horrible bet, and 230 pound wilcox and 235 pound hollins are doormats for the elite 5's in this league.
    Posted by aciemvp

What are you talking about man? 3 percent better field goals?  Try 10.  Davis is shooting 38 percent, and 67 percent from the line Bass is shooting 47 percent and over 80 percent from the line..  Davis is having an absolutley horrible year.  A really, really bad year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

$8M , 1st year
    $4M , 2nd year
    $2M , 3rd yr option

Or even $10M for one year

Garnett IS that good.....STILL !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

KG should be offered the max!

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

KG should be offered the max!
    Posted by Elven 32

I don't mean to be crude, troll, but the LAL managemnt would be drooling just to get a sniff of KG's arm pit. ...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett: Mark Blount Redux? : And doc wanted davis out of boston because he was so "troublesome".  i think it was a big mistake and it's playing out right now with KG, albeit playing great, having to put his body through soaking up huge minutes at the 5 because bass can't even touch doing that job. and stat by stat, bass is not doing much more than davis this year, 3% better field goals, going steadily colder of late, nowhere near the defensive presence, not as good hands.  better pure jump shooter, perhaps quicker on a burst on a drive but nowhere near the footwork on defense and no help on the help defense system. davis was still improving as a player and was playing knockout ball and mopping up a TON of minutes at the 5 (if you remember, our best stretch of ball last year was when o'neal AND o'neal were both hurt) until his PATELLAR TENDON INJURY- which is not an insignificant injury- he was never the same after that- but many fans just wanted to ride him out of town on a rail for "being a fat guy" or whatever.  and doc rivers did too.  horrible coaching by doc to dime out davis to the press repetitively.  there's a good reason why grant hill categorically refused to come to boston more than once.... I bring this up because if we had davis right now, with KG playing the knockout ball that he is, he and davis had a great interplay on the floor, and davis also covered up a lot of defensive gaps- made life easy for the old guys. I mean we could really go deep and who knows what could happen in a short lockout year when a lot of these guys were not in ball shape because they thought the season was flushed = a LOT of injuries and more yet to come.  nobody in the celts thought that through- they just bet the farm on jermaine and that was that.  a horrible bet, and 230 pound wilcox and 235 pound hollins are doormats for the elite 5's in this league.
    Posted by aciemvp

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Big Baby is a disaster this year. Check his stats out please.

Sections
Shortcuts