Kevin Garnett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Kevin Garnett

Why does Garnett want to play like a guard? His scoring is pathetic. He refuses to go to the basket and score. He doesn't rebound much anymore or block shots. We need him to be a force under and around the hoop!!!!

Anybody agree?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Kevin Garnett

I do!  But what can be done about it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Kevin Garnett:
    [QUOTE]Why does Garnett want to play like a guard? His scoring is pathetic. He refuses to go to the basket and score. He doesn't rebound much anymore or block shots. We need him to be a force under and around the hoop!!!! Anybody agree?????
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]
    unfortunately you can't really change someone's game after so many years in the league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We will know more about Garnett and his capabilities after this week. I am hopeful but not optimistic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

The Cs knew what they were getting when they traded for him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

He's an obnoxious one-time only fool who is now washed up and defunct. Get rid of him, even if it's only for a candy bar!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KG simply is not big enough (width and strength) to be the underneath player we'd like him to be.   Folks here keep asking him to post up - have you watched him try to post up and get pushed away by stronger people?   He may out quick some other 7 footers or shoot from the outside but he's not going to muscle them down low.  

Another thing - KG benefits when there's a center occupying the other team's center.  Then, he rebounds better.  Unfortunately, we don't have many true strong centers on this team.  That's one reason I want Stiemsma to play more.  He takes on the bigger player and KG is able to play a natural forward.

At this stage of his career, he's not going to get stronger and play a 5. Doc is crazy if he thinks that's going to be effective for more than a few minutes of the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

KG has the heart of a lion and is also the heart of this team. He's their guts and our team leader. Take him away and you've just got punks running around out there. He's got very high mileage on his body and he's lasted this long on toughness. It's been showing the past few seasons. But everyone knew this.

He misses Perk more than anybody. They complimented and inspired each other. The C's were tough. They don't scare anybody now and that trade is an official bust.

What else has changed is that now we need 20pts. a night from him. I think Doc's trying to make him see that. Can he do it? It's asking a lot... I dunno.

As the season progresses we're hoping to get something out of JO, Stiemsma, and Wilcox. They come around, KG becomes a scorer, Rondo makes his FT's, and it's all good at playoff time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett:
    [QUOTE]KG has the heart of a lion and is also the heart of this team. He's their guts and our team leader. Take him away and you've just got punks running around out there. He's got very high mileage on his body and he's lasted this long on toughness. It's been showing the past few seasons. But everyone knew this. He misses Perk more than anybody. They complimented and inspired each other. The C's were tough. They don't scare anybody now and that trade is an official bust. What else has changed is that now we need 20pts. a night from him. I think Doc's trying to make him see that. Can he do it? It's asking a lot... I dunno. As the season progresses we're hoping to get something out of JO, Stiemsma, and Wilcox. They come around, KG becomes a scorer, Rondo makes his FT's, and it's all good at playoff time. 
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

The trade is an official bust? Who did we pick with the 2012 draft pick that came along with Jeff Green and Krstic? 

Got news for you, it ain't official until we find out who Danny boy selects with that 2012 pick from the Clips.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Wow... another rook for Doc to sit and that window that was 3, then 5, goes to 6?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Wow... another rook for Doc to sit and that window that was 3, then 5, goes to 6?
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

The window was shut after Game 7 in 2010.

Those thinking of a 5-year window are just window shopping.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

The trade is an official bust? Who did we pick with the 2012 draft pick that came along with Jeff Green and Krstic? Got news for you, it ain't official until we find out who Danny boy selects with that 2012 pick from the Clips.

21st, given Danny's recent track record with the draft, I'm not putting much hope in him landing an impact player (or even one who will last more than 3 years in the league).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]He's an obnoxious one-time only fool who is now washed up and defunct. Get rid of him, even if it's only for a candy bar!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

What a joke you are !! He is one of the best forwards to ever play the game and thats what you have to say about him?  I think its best we get rid of someone like you who couldnt shine KGs shoes.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

If Kevin Garnettt is too old to play inside, how come he listened to Doc one time and had a great scoring and rebounding game this year??? Let's face it he has created the mentality of a guard and does not want to shake it. Doc should put him on the bench until he comes to his senses.

Someone says he misses Perk and needs a center that can play inside and score also. Guess what, we got one...Seisma (or however we spell it) He had two great games and Doc benches him. I don't get it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

When has he ever offensively? This is nothing new. He can't rebound and block shots because he's old and unathletic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

[QUOTE]Why does Garnett want to play like a guard? His scoring is pathetic. He refuses to go to the basket and score. He doesn't rebound much anymore or block shots. We need him to be a force under and around the hoop!!!! Anybody agree?????

How about the age factor. He ain't the player he was 5 years ago but thats what age will do to you. Check out how he ranks, so far this season,  in scoring and rebounding, for players 6'9" or taller and age 35 or older, and then see if you still feel the same way.
    Seems

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Mployee,
    You are right on the money, I have noticed this about KG since the start of the season.  His rebounding when he does it is usually for unchallenged rebounds.

I bet he has some chronic problem.  That is going to ruin his production.  He looks like a guy who should be playing twenty minutes a game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

agreed....it's as if he's playing...not...to get injured... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rasdidy. Show rasdidy's posts

Yes Garnett is done weak inside game missing easy shots.Dirk blew right by him.This team is done.Dallas played last night boston had all the rest these past days.I'll be surprized if boston makes it to the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

He can't be that force around the hoop anymore. He is not as quick. He has no lift. Evidence tonight against Mavs. Late in 4th he received a pass from Rondo(?) down low which should have been dunked. Nope. He shot it short or was blocked somehow. Horrible. He just does not have that game left in his 17 career yr body anymore.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Mployee, You are right on the money, I have noticed this about KG since the start of the season.  His rebounding when he does it is usually for unchallenged rebounds. I bet he has some chronic problem.  That is going to ruin his production.  He looks like a guy who should be playing twenty minutes a game.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I have been saying since the start of the season, he needs to come in off the bench. It would keep him fresher. He would solidify the second unit with Rondo. It would benefit him and the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : I have been saying since the start of the season, he needs to come in off the bench. It would keep him fresher. He would solidify the second unit with Rondo. It would benefit him and the team.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I agree and start Steamer and Bass and also bench JO />  Please play the rookies more cause  we neeed more energy and fresh legs.  Also stop playing Bradley so much

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kevin Garnett : He can't be that force around the hoop anymore. He is not as quick. He has no lift. Evidence tonight against Mavs. Late in 4th he received a pass from Rondo(?) down low which should have been dunked. Nope. He shot it short or was blocked somehow. Horrible. He just does not have that game left in his 17 career yr body anymore.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

exactly, he's old and fading in front of our eyes.  doesn't have the energy to get the most out of his strength anymore.  Still a great teammate, and I can't imagine Steamer and Bass getting the starter minutes over Garnet and JON, wait, I just imagined it and why not?  Doc needs to do something bold now so the team can develop without the KG of 2008.  if he burns him out while he's already playing on fumes...  It's a tuff call, it's KG.