Kevin Garnett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Kevin Garnett

In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett :   exactly, he's old and fading in front of our eyes.  doesn't have the energy to get the most out of his strength anymore.  Still a great teammate, and I can't imagine Steamer and Bass getting the starter minutes over Garnet and JON, wait, I just imagined it and why not?  Doc needs to do something bold now so the team can develop without the KG of 2008.  if he burns him out while he's already playing on fumes...  It's a tuff call, it's KG.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

He has to do something. He can't keep putting the same rotations in there and expect it to start working all of a sudden.  We have exactly no chemistry. We don't get up enough shots during the game. When we had Dooling and Bradley in there we had more energy than at any other time. (Pietrus also) And we have a better scorer on the bench in Moore. We spend 15 seconds trying to set screens for Ray and then if they guard it we have not time to get anything else. I hate the offense we run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett :   exactly, he's old and fading in front of our eyes.  doesn't have the energy to get the most out of his strength anymore.  Still a great teammate, and I can't imagine Steamer and Bass getting the starter minutes over Garnet and JON, wait, I just imagined it and why not?  Doc needs to do something bold now so the team can develop without the KG of 2008.  if he burns him out while he's already playing on fumes...  It's a tuff call, it's KG.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

It is not that tough. This is the C's. It about winning, if you can. And what they are putting forth now won't win many games this season. It can't be about one guy even if his name is KG. We all get old. We all lose a step or 2. It happens. But to continue to burn him out when he is clearly not the same player anymore, makes no sense.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : It is not that tough. This is the C's. It about winning, if you can. And what they are putting forth now won't win many games this season. It can't be about one guy even if his name is KG. We all get old. We all lose a step or 2. It happens. But to continue to burn him out when he is clearly not the same player anymore, makes no sense.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

you're the voice of clarity on this, no doubt.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : He has to do something. He can't keep putting the same rotations in there and expect it to start working all of a sudden.  We have exactly no chemistry. We don't get up enough shots during the game. When we had Dooling and Bradley in there we had more energy than at any other time. (Pietrus also) And we have a better scorer on the bench in Moore. We spend 15 seconds trying to set screens for Ray and then if they guard it we have not time to get anything else. I hate the offense we run.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

He does have to do something.  I think the bench is going to have to transcend their roles this year in ways and I think they can do it.  I'd normally be comforted by the thought that they would have some practice time to prove this to doc and sort of force his hand on the issue, but they won't get much time this year in that way.  Doc has to be bold.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : We run the same offense since 2008. The difference is if the defenders focus all their attention on Ray, KG would make them pay. Now, it's all Ray, KG is not a scorer anymore.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

And our point totals have went down every year. Its the speed we play at not just about KG.  Even with a healthy PP our slow down play is going to result in low scores and LOW REBOUNDING totals. 
    And KG is shooting 51% from the floor.

The Celtics aren’t playing fast enough. Boston is second to last in the league in pace, averaging only 90.7 possessions per game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : If the Celts go 0-4 in the next 4 games you will see all the young guys play. Moore, Johnson, Stiemsma, and Bradley will all get minutes as Doc and Ainge will raise the white flag. Remember the 2006-07 season?

legs, energy, and hustle could have won that game tonight.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    Hard to believe but we could lose three more in quick fashion.  Is Pierce hurt, out of shape or just older? That is the mystery, he was the real focal point of our offense. Without him we are finished.  Never expected he would be first to go if this is it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : KG was an 18.8 ppg player in 2008. Now he's down to 12.9 ppg. That's the reason why our scoring went down.

Rays is up  little but Pierce is also down.  More than like Rays will come down and Pauls will go up.  KG is probably playing less minutes as well.  Again if we don't get more shots its hard to score more points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : How can you play fast with an old JO, KG, Ray, and Pierce? Those 4 are not 25 years old anymore. If you have 4 players 34 years old or older as starters of course the game slows down.

Getting the young players some playing time.  Would be nice to have a nice backup PG to help as well.  Growing pains with them?  Yes.  Would our record be any worse than it is now?  Probably not and they would have got gametime experience. And I am not talking about Bradley either..

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]After the Thunder game you will see more of the young guys.

I hope so.  We may be surprised what they can do being mixed with the vets.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

"Remember when Kevin Garnett used to haul in an offensive rebound in traffic inches from the hoop, then stuff home a rim-rattling dunk with a primal scream to match his fury? In this game, when KG grabbed that same rebound under the basket, he dribbled out to the baseline and took an 8-foot fallaway that bounced short."  -J. MacMullan ESPN

This is what we're paying $21, 247, 044.00 for?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett : How can you play fast with an old JO, KG, Ray, and Pierce? Those 4 are not 25 years old anymore. If you have 4 players 34 years old or older as starters of course the game slows down.
    The 98 Bulls didnt have this problem!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree with Kirk6!  I think KG has been playing better recently.  16 and 10 is about what he can expect now.  With Bass getting 10 and 6, that's good production out of that spot!  We need more from our Center position.  While some on here are banging on Danny..I will BET he is trying to move JON ANYwhere right now as we speak!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Some quotes from online:

"Def agree about KG though. The team is not paying him 20 million this year to pass off shots when he's matched against Ian Mahanmi. SHOOT THE FRI##IN BALL"

" do agree that it's time to rebuild... around Rondo. It's going to be tough for Bostonians to watch these next couple of years... especially watching the big 3 struggle... It's like watching the Spartans in 300 battle - you root for them but in the end you know they're going to lose..."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

[QUOTE]Garnett was a +15 last night. Garnett is not the problem. JO needs to sit, and Pierce needs to get in shape.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this statement. Was Pierce evn in the Garden? He needs to hire a trainer ASAP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

We are watching a guy who is aging. You cant stop Father Time.

I played ball for years and my knees are shot, im 35. I have no idea how K.G. even lasted this long. 1200 games this year!!!

I didnt play vs the best players in the world either and sometimes you never know how much you will age in an offseason.

Ray Ray is a special specimen who is crazy fit, conditioned and eats healthy as anyone...so he is good, but I see signs of wear on K.G. that cant be fixed.

I also see P.P. losing a step but he can still play for a couple more years because he is savy enough to score despite that...

K.G. didnt want to score when we could do it at will so now that he is limited, why would he start chucking it up now??

he is valuble as a defender and communicator and sometimes an intimidator but thats it at this point.

Is it painful to watch, but Hey! Thats life

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts