Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned

KG has been out for 7 games after "straining" his calf.  When Danny estimated he'd be out two weeks, I had my doubts.  I know KG is a warrior but when he limped off the court and into the locker room the way he did, I knew something was wrong.  After that, Doc did some serious spin control by making clear everyone knew it was not the knee.  They went far into the next day to announce it was a strained calf in which he'd be out 2 weeks.

Well, to be honest, I believe its more serious than a strained calf.  Last Friday, the Celtics reported that Perk is practicing and KG should return next week, as early as Monday.  Today, Doc indicated that he hadn't seen KG move but he KNOWS he cannot slide.  How can a player be projected last week to play THIS week when he cannot even slide?  And today, Doc already has ruled KG "doubtful" for tomorrow.  Says he probably won't play.  KG did not even participate in today's practice.  To me, that doesn't sound like he's close to returning.

When a player gets injured, WHO determines how long he'll be out based on the diagnosed injury?  For example, a broken wrist takes "X" amount of time to heal and then you project a rehabilitation time to get the wrist strong again.  So the team announces 8 weeks for a wrist fracture.  If this is a Grade II strain, KG should be out 4-6 weeks.  If it's a Grade I, he should rest, stretch, ice, therapy for 7 - 10 days and be ready to go.

This injury, coupled with the manner in which his last injury was handled, leaves alot to be desired.  You just get this sinking feeling each day when someone in the organization announces KG is not yet ready to play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned

Petey, you may be right but I don't think it's like 2 years ago. I truly believe this has more to do with playing JON and BBD for possible moves before the deadline. If this goes another 2 weeks I will be with you all the way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Time will tell but it doesn't look good. Last week Doc said KG should be able to play against the Rockets or the Kings. Then today Doc said KG is just not ready. 

This is the break the Miami Heat have been waiting for. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Injuries are not rocket science.  Just because doc said early this week doesn't make it into a big problem.  I think he plays the next game or two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned:
    [QUOTE]Injuries are not rocket science.  Just because doc said early this week doesn't make it into a big problem.  I think he plays the next game or two.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

From what I saw when KG went down in Detroit, I really find it hard to believe that he only suffered a calf strain. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If anyone believe it was a calf strain is crazy!!!  I want to be crazy.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

There is a horrifying word in the back of my mind, its only a little word but it keeps gnawing and gnashing in my head. No I don't want to think about it but it keeps torturing me, and that word is tear...tear...tear...tear...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

had the same thoughts today when i saw that..but then again, Doc and Danny arent scared of the fans. they arent scared to tell us whats going on..they may be scared to tell the players tho. i dont think its that serious..i think its one of those injuries that you can be close, and you have to take it day by day, theres no definite day youll be ready to go, you just have to take it by day and see what happens. i also disagree with the "the way it looked it cant be a calf." although we CLEARLY all saw him grab his knee and not his calf..lol. ive gotten leg cramps during football games before and limped off like i tore a ligament..ive also tore an acl and limped off like i tweaked it. its just what it is. i just think the celtics have realized that they dont need him to be back for 2 games only to shut him down again..i think they want him back for the long haul, besides with all the people out they are going to lose games...no need to rush him back. we will get these games when (if) we are finally healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

let me also clarify that i WAS helped off the field when i tore my acl..i dont want you guys to think that i was trying to sound like Lambo, i just wasnt walking like i tore an acl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Typical Celtic BS about injuries.

I was afraid we'd start to hear next game, then next game, then next week....

I love the Celtics but fans cannot rely on anything they say regarding injuries..not a word.  Im hopin KG is ok cause if hes not, we can kiss hopes of a title goodbye.

The C's have not only BS'd us the last few years but also seem reckless with how they bring injured players back or allow injured players to keep playing until it worsens. 

Ed Lecerte & the team doc must be terrible at their jobs or Doc & Danny irresponsible with how theyve handled injuries

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't get too worried right now because doesn't Doc do this with all injuries. Doc never let's players come back when they're ready because they're competitiveness is talking not their head. When Doc says a week, just assume it's two weeks. If he says a month, make it another month. We won't know until game time and he'll tell Gorman, "he's playing".

If this goes on for anther two weeks then I'll start worrying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Petey;

We all know KG has a lot of miles under the hood now.  Any injury he suffers at this point would probably require more downtime than it would for him say 6 years ago.
    FYI, and hopefully not TMI, the calf muscle is a muscle (technically called the gastrocnemius) that inserts on the achilles tendon and attaches in 2 places on the femur (this part, when injured, is felt under the knee).

http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Gastrocnemius.html

You use this muscle a lot when you jump and run.  I don't think it will be a nagging injury for KG, but a lot of this depends on how long he's allowed to rest in order to let it sufficiently heal.

That's probably the main concern at this point.  How well it's healed and if he's had  enough time to make a good recovery.  Let's face, he's not fresh out of HS anymore.
    Knee itself should be great at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Petey; We all know KG has a lot of miles under the hood now.  Any injury he suffers at this point would probably require more downtime than it would for him say 6 years ago. FYI, and hopefully not TMI, the calf muscle is a muscle (technically called the gastrocnemius) that inserts on the achilles tendon and attaches in 2 places on the femur (this part, when injured, is felt under the knee). http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Gastrocnemius.html You use this muscle a lot when you jump and run.  I don't think it will be a nagging injury for KG, but a lot of this depends on how long he's allowed to rest in order to let it sufficiently heal. That's probably the main concern at this point.  How well it's healed and if he's had  enough time to make a good recovery.  Let's face, he's not fresh out of HS anymore. Knee itself should be great at this point.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

That's a relief.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I am sure that different people heal differently.

When I have had muscle strains, the pain would leave after two weeks, but it would take three weeks to prevent re-injury.

I am more concerned about the confidence factor after KG comes back. In last years play-offs, he rarely would sky to get rebounds. It became very obvious in the finals that he was not playing above the rim for rebounds. I am concerned that because his injury was caused by leaping to dunk, he may return to the same approach for some time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We all knew even if we did not want to admit it that it looked like a knee problem.  When did you ever see anyone walk like that after a calf injury? It was an absurd claim. I like most wanted to believe it when so many accepted it.  Two weeks later we know better. 
     The idea that KG has had this happen three straight years now has to be in his head as well as ours.  The season is absolutely on the line until he can come back and show he can play as he was. The team is in disarray and all the fixes won't work without KG.  I hate to think the Celtics were working damage control and not being essentially truthful but it appears KG has a  knee injury again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

See, Doc does this with everyone. This is about Perk
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Kendrick Perkins suffered a scheduling setback of sorts. He was held out of the heavy parts of yesterday’s practice, and it now appears he won’t get to truly test his surgically repaired right knee until next week.

“He didn’t do anything live,” said Rivers. “We went pretty hard, so I didn’t want him out there in that. We did a lot of contact stuff, and I didn’t want him to be a part of that.”

But the center doesn’t believe he’ll be prevented from playing in the real games before the All-Star break.

“I thought I was going to be able to go contact, but they pushed me back another week,” he said. “I don’t know why. I just went hard. I was able to go full speed. I’m just anxious to get back out there.”

Perkins said he was “a little bit” frustrated, “but at the same time I know it’s for my best interests.

“I only need like two weeks of practice, so I think I’ll be all right.”

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't get too worried right now because doesn't Doc do this with all injuries. Doc never let's players come back when they're ready because they're competitiveness is talking not their head. When Doc says a week, just assume it's two weeks. If he says a month, make it another month. We won't know until game time and he'll tell Gorman, "he's playing". If this goes on for anther two weeks then I'll start worrying.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Just because this happened with this one particular player before doesn't mean that it is happening again.  There is no reason to think that KG wont be back full strength soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Just because this happened with this one particular player before doesn't mean that it is happening again.  There is no reason to think that KG wont be back full strength soon.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

why does everyone have knee jerk reactions?  You are 100% correct. I don't know anything the C's get out of lying about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]We all knew even if we did not want to admit it that it looked like a knee problem.  When did you ever see anyone walk like that after a calf injury? It was an absurd claim. I like most wanted to believe it when so many accepted it.  Two weeks later we know better.   The idea that KG has had this happen three straight years now has to be in his head as well as ours.  The season is absolutely on the line until he can come back and show he can play as he was. The team is in disarray and all the fixes won't work without KG.  I hate to think the Celtics were working damage control and not being essentially truthful but it appears KG has a  knee injury again.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Hate to say you're wrong dude, but, you're wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]We all knew even if we did not want to admit it that it looked like a knee problem.  When did you ever see anyone walk like that after a calf injury? It was an absurd claim. I like most wanted to believe it when so many accepted it.  Two weeks later we know better.   The idea that KG has had this happen three straight years now has to be in his head as well as ours.  The season is absolutely on the line until he can come back and show he can play as he was. The team is in disarray and all the fixes won't work without KG.  I hate to think the Celtics were working damage control and not being essentially truthful but it appears KG has a  knee injury again.

Let's just save this quote and pull it out again two weeks from now.  I bet that's the only way to let Concord see who's telling the truth about knew vs leg muscle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Let's just save this quote and pull it out again two weeks from now.  I bet that's the only way to let Concord see who's telling the truth about knee vs leg muscle.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celtsfan4life,
    Nobody will be happier than I will.  I hope you and break are right!  The season depends on it.  Read my comment and you will see I am speculating and skeptical and just wanting to find the truth.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Does anyone believe that Doc does not know that a healthy KG is of supreme importance in the winning of banner number 18?

If you were Doc, would you wait until he was absolutely healthy before returning to prevent re-injury, or would you say let's try it and see what happens?

It is still too early to push the panic button.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You are all right.  This is the injury we have to put behind us.  I will wait for the outcome.  We all know what is at stake.

Sections
Shortcuts