Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned

The thing that concerns me is, this team has been playing like it knows something about the injury that the public doesn't.  I know how stupid that looks in writing.  It's just speculation, but their body language over the past two weeks has been seriously lacking, as has their defense and energy.

I don't think it's as bad is two years ago, but it's definitely cause for concern.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Soups,
    I think you have it right. That is what I was trying to say. Doc also seems more annoyed and less patient about the team.  I wonder if KG's injury along with the others and the status of them has him worried that under the present minutes allotment other key guys are in jeopardy of getting injured. This all being hinged on the return timelines for KG, Perk, and Delonte if they get extended.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I truly believe this has more to do with playing JON and BBD for possible moves before the deadline." - nope. If KG could play he would play, neither JON nor BBD will be traded. 

On the other hand, it's not a bad knee injury either. KG will be back soon, this is not yet another conspiracy. However, I do worry that KG will be more vulnerable to an even worse injury from here on out once he comes back - that's the real concern.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned:
    [QUOTE]The thing that concerns me is, this team has been playing like it knows something about the injury that the public doesn't.  I know how stupid that looks in writing.  It's just speculation, but their body language over the past two weeks has been seriously lacking, as has their defense and energy. I don't think it's as bad is two years ago, but it's definitely cause for concern.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Soups but your facts are wrong and your memory must be short.  You say they have bad body language over the last 2 weeks.  Its only taken you 2 quick games to forget that its been 10 games in 15 days with THREE back to backs.  That's what's making them look tired.  You forgot that prior to these two losses, we had won 4 in a row....and one was against San Antonio without Garnett.  We were all raving about that game and then they beat Toronto by 20 points and we raved about how good everyone played.  

All of that was in the last 2 weeks and now you say their body language was bad and they had no defense nor energy.  Could it possibly be that the last 2 games of such a stretch were tough on this veteran team and that folks like Baby just can't play 38 minutes a game in such a stretch and still look fresh?

Think back just two games ago before you talk about bad body language.  Its just a tough stretch....that's all.  And in that stretch, they lost 2 games in a row.  Let's not overreact and panic.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I hope those who feel he'll return within the next game or two are right.  I really do.  I just feel that we're IN (not sliding) that 10 game funk that turns into 15/20 games that, after the All Star break, puts us in 3rd or 4th place in the conference.

We're looking to get KG, Delonte and Perk back in the fold.  However, it's going to take some time to adjust to Delonte and Perk's return to where we'll see consistent play from either.  So KG is the only pending return that will matter by the All Star break and we cannot continue playing like we are if he's not back.

My main concern about Garnett is that, as Doc put it, "he cannot slide".  Did we not know Garnett couldn't slide last Friday when the Celtics announced he'd play as early as Monday vs the Rockets?  I mean, if KG cannot move side to side (sliding) on Friday, how can he be possibly ready on Monday?

If KG does not play Friday, for me, something more serious is wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

nobody knows, could be just like 2 years ago - they just need to play with the guys they have and figure it out.  if/when he comes back he comes back.  until then, the rest of the guys need to pick it up and get some wins, be that the next couple games or the rest of the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well I guess all the knee jerk reactions are for naught.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I wonder how hurt KG actually was.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

He looked like he didn't miss a beat - Awesome!  I thought for sure he was hurt bad, I'll eat my crow and like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um I'll take credit for not taking the injury as serious as some on here. I immediately said that he would miss a few weeks. Yes he was injured but I think the C's were exaggerating the injury to evaluate how JON, Shaq, Erden and BBD would perform in the spotlight.

We got some answers didn't we? We know what we have going forward. We know BBD isn't a starter. We know JON can't be dependable. We know Shaq can still get things done when called upon to play more minutes. We know Semih is there in a pinch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I thought KG didn't jump with the confidence from earlier in the year but 80% of KG is better than 110% of most people.  

Bias.....I don't buy the Celt's exaggerating the injury to evaluate anything.  They were just conservative as they always are given an aging team.  But that statement about Semih is there in a pinch?   Where - in the locker room hurt, again?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

C4life, Ok that's fine I can buy into them being conservative.

Semih has been hurt all season but he had to play when KG went down and then JON went down. It left the C's no choice. Semih is there in a pinch and they got in a pinch because JON's "injury"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Considering he has been out so long, KG played really well.

To me, he did not seem to jump with confidence.  Other than the two layups, KG was a spot up jump shooter.  I really thought he could take advantage of Bass down in the post but he never got down there.

I hope he is back for the duration.  For all of those who knew/thought/hoped/prayed it was less serious, I'm glad you were correct.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

PP or RA are going to need a break fairly soon. I would rather rest one of them now while the C's have a 5 game lead over the Heat. It will give Daniels and Nate a chance to get going.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Petey...KG never goes low to post up anybody, regardless who's guarding him. Only aspect of his game I don't really care for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Petey...KG never goes low to post up anybody, regardless who's guarding him. Only aspect of his game I don't really care for.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily agree with that but as I said before KG is a great interior passer. Those passes to BBD and Shaq are great. That's what BBD and Shaq don't give you when they're playing together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Petey...KG never goes low to post up anybody, regardless who's guarding him. Only aspect of his game I don't really care for.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

walk, KG is the best "back-to-the-basket" post up threat on the team.  With his patented left-right-left fall away jumper (or is it right-left-right), it's virtually unstoppable, especially when guarded by a 6'9" Brandon Bass.

I think he does go to it and he shoots from the baseline or he uses it to get into the lane.  I'm surprised you believe KG never goes low post....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Petey is right. KG uses it when he knows we need to get to the FT line, offense is stagnant, etc. BBD should use KGs game to model his own.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]PP or RA are going to need a break fairly soon. I would rather rest one of them now while the C's have a 5 game lead over the Heat. It will give Daniels and Nate a chance to get going.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    When did we get a 5 game lead on the Heat?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned : When did we get a 5 game lead on the Heat?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You're right it's a 3 game lead. I must have misread when I was reading the standings on my phone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned : You're right it's a 3 game lead. I must have misread when I was reading the standings on my phone.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

After tonight it got closer to 5. HAHAHAHAH

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kevin Garnett's Injury -- I'm officially concerned : walk, KG is the best "back-to-the-basket" post up threat on the team.  With his patented left-right-left fall away jumper (or is it right-left-right), it's virtually unstoppable, especially when guarded by a 6'9" Brandon Bass. I think he does go to it and he shoots from the baseline or he uses it to get into the lane.  I'm surprised you believe KG never goes low post....
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Paul is right up there on back to the basket Petey.  I have seen many added moves by Paul this year including using his left hand which I wish Rondo would learn.