Kevin Love to Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Kevin Love to Cavs

Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN
    Cavs trading for John Lucas, Erik Murphy & Malcolm Thomas from Jazz to help facilitate Kevin Love trade, sources said. Yahoo reported 1st.

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
    In Murphy, Lucas and Thomas, Cavs get three non-guaranteed contracts to facilitate trades -- or a trade. Another step toward Kevin Love.
    2 RETWEETS

Mark Deeks @MarkDeeksNBA
    Yes, because the Cavs are under the cap while acquiring them. RT @djfunkyg can they be turned around right away

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Kevin Love to Cavs

Love to Cleveland means it will be tough for anyone in the East to win it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

True.

That's why I keep saying let's wait and build through the draft.

3 years from now, Lebron will be on the decline.

By that time, our young guys will be reaching their prime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

True.

.....I agree with this post....lets build through the draft and develop a contender....you know it took Red several years to put all the pieces together through the draft and trades.....acquiring Russ was the finishing piece to a dynasty that lasted 13 years....I can wait a couple of years....look at Golden State....

THE DUKE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Lovey Dovey G-O-N-E!!!

LBJ G-O-N-E!!!!!

Melo G-O-N-E!!!!

What's up with all those "we can be great if we can only get one or two of these guys!" fools!...Heck yeah! Who couldn't be much better with 2 out of those 3?!?!

All those redonkulous threads about how we could get star a or star b...get a freakin' grip! You were told it would never happen and it didn't. Try this pending reality out for size...Rondon't is about to be dealt because they have two full teams worth of guards  and they do not want to waste max money on a fading head case of a talent. Green can't be counted on and they may well just let him walk when his contract is up. Fav won't be in the NBA after this season and his deflicted knee had absolutely NOTHING to do with his terrible performance last year. Faux Hawk just can't play, and unlike San Antonio, we can't scout worth a darn overseas.

And in your heart you know I'm right.

It's not about being positive, it's about being real. Time to get real and build through the draft. The NBA's teams will NOT do a deal with Danny LeStrange GM or the C's that will make them look bad while we come out in Championship contention.

Prepare for TANKAPALOOZA DEUCE, coming to a TV near you this Fall!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

True.

I see your point and I can't deny it's a sound plan but those next 2-4 years don't have to be spent in the lottery. If an opportunity to accelerate that development, i.e. playoff runs before you get to the top, we should be open to that development. The Spurs have proven you don't have to hit bottom and be in the lottery for 3-4 years before you can contend. How you draft is as important as where you draft. Other than Duncan, I don't think anyone on SA's roster was drafted in the top 10.

Now the Cavs have been given a unique chance to turn around with LBJ, Love, Lowry , Varajao and Waiters . That's an impressive lineup but only LBJ and Varajao have playoff experience. When we put together the "Big 3", they all had gone pretty far in the playoffs, not together but all had gone at least as far as conference finals. That's what I feel will be the downfall of that team. 

Let me ask a question? Would it be better for a group of young players to play well enough to finish a playoff run, make it into a series and lose after making it go seven or to be as bad as last year and hope to get lucky in the lottery? I'm saying in the playoffs and drafting well is as valid way to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Lebron to Cleveland really messed up even the slightest chance we had at a quick rebuild. It's the slow road now. Slow, slow, boring, and sad. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

Lebron to Cleveland really messed up even the slightest chance we had at a quick rebuild. It's the slow road now. Slow, slow, boring, and sad. 

Nope, it saved us.  Rondo and Love would not be a true contending team....and don't say yeah, but we it would open the door for us to get a 3rd star and then we would be a true contending team because it is not that simple.  Who would that 3rd star be?  How would we acquire them?  We would have had to empty the coffers for Love, so any trade assets would be gone.  We would have to sign Love and, by extension, Rondo to max deals, so it is doubtless we would have had any cap room to sign someone.  Rondo and Love is also a 5 year window.  Rondo will be 34 in 5 years.  I'll happily take 3 more years in the lottery than 3 years of a 45 win team, which is what Love and Rondo would be....at best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

True.

I see your point and I can't deny it's a sound plan but those next 2-4 years don't have to be spent in the lottery. If an opportunity to accelerate that development, i.e. playoff runs before you get to the top, we should be open to that development. The Spurs have proven you don't have to hit bottom and be in the lottery for 3-4 years before you can contend. How you draft is as important as where you draft. Other than Duncan, I don't think anyone on SA's roster was drafted in the top 10.

Now the Cavs have been given a unique chance to turn around with LBJ, Love, Lowry [Irving] , Varajao and Waiters . That's an impressive lineup but only LBJ and Varajao have playoff experience. When we put together the "Big 3", they all had gone pretty far in the playoffs, not together but all had gone at least as far as conference finals. That's what I feel will be the downfall of that team. 

Let me ask a question? Would it be better for a group of young players to play well enough to finish a playoff run, make it into a series and lose after making it go seven or to be as bad as last year and hope to get lucky in the lottery? I'm saying in the playoffs and drafting well is as valid way to go.

Fixed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Nope, it saved us.  Rondo and Love would not be a true contending team....and don't say yeah, but we it would open the door for us to get a 3rd star and then we would be a true contending team because it is not that simple.  Who would that 3rd star be?  How would we acquire them?  We would have had to empty the coffers for Love, so any trade assets would be gone.  We would have to sign Love and, by extension, Rondo to max deals, so it is doubtless we would have had any cap room to sign someone.  Rondo and Love is also a 5 year window.  Rondo will be 34 in 5 years.  I'll happily take 3 more years in the lottery than 3 years of a 45 win team, which is what Love and Rondo would be....at best.

You can't tell me that rondo-Bradley-green-love-asik, olynyk off the bench, would not have been right there in the mix in the east. That is an eastern conference finals team IMO. Only Cleveland and Indy would be as good. At the least we could have kept love from joining lebron in Cleveland, where the two of them, along with Irving, will dominate the east for the next 4-5 years, while we draft players like smart who won't even be on the team in 4-5 years. Heck, Stevens May head back to college ball in a year or two if we don't make any moves. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

You can't tell me that rondo-Bradley-green-love-asik, olynyk off the bench, would not have been right there in the mix in the east. That is an eastern conference finals team IMO. Only Cleveland and Indy would be as good. At the least we could have kept love from joining lebron in Cleveland, where the two of them, along with Irving, will dominate the east for the next 4-5 years, while we draft players like smart who won't even be on the team in 4-5 years. Heck, Stevens May head back to college ball in a year or two if we don't make any moves. 

Double up on your anti-depressants and get some sleep.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Lovey Dovey G-O-N-E!!!

LBJ G-O-N-E!!!!!

Melo G-O-N-E!!!!

What's up with all those "we can be great if we can only get one or two of these guys!" fools!...Heck yeah! Who couldn't be much better with 2 out of those 3?!?!

All those redonkulous threads about how we could get star a or star b...get a freakin' grip! You were told it would never happen and it didn't. Try this pending reality out for size...Rondon't is about to be dealt because they have two full teams worth of guards  and they do not want to waste max money on a fading head case of a talent. Green can't be counted on and they may well just let him walk when his contract is up. Fav won't be in the NBA after this season and his deflicted knee had absolutely NOTHING to do with his terrible performance last year. Faux Hawk just can't play, and unlike San Antonio, we can't scout worth a darn overseas.

It's not about being positive, it's about being real. Time to get real and build through the draft. The NBA's teams will NOT do a deal with Danny LeStrange GM or the C's that will make them look bad while we come out in Championship contention.

With you Mel, it so often is about 'being positive' because your rampant vile hatred of certain players on the Celtics is so negative and is brought here through puzzling, childish name calling that is so statistically/factually wrong, that it makes me wonder what these guys did to you in real life. Did Green sleep with your wife? Did Rondo get you fired from a job? Hit you with his car?

The reality of this 11 man rotation:

C - Zeller/Oly/Fav

PF - Sully/Bass/Oly

SF - Green/Turner

SG - Bradley/Thornton/Smart

PG - Rondo/Smart

Is that it will be very hard to tank. It is better than the Celtics team that started 9-11 and would have won 36-40 games in the weak east before injuries (Wallace/Faverani), trades that made us worse (Crawford and Lee out Bayless in) and the need to tank set in. 

Danny needs to trade Rondo, Bass, Green, Thornton and Wallace as soon as possible of course, but it will be next to impossible to get fair value for them at this point. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Lovey Dovey G-O-N-E!!!

LBJ G-O-N-E!!!!!

Melo G-O-N-E!!!!

With you Mel, it so often is about 'being positive' because your rampant vile hatred of certain players on the Celtics is so negative and is brought here through puzzling, childish name calling that is so statistically/factually wrong, that it makes me wonder what these guys did to you in real life. Did Green sleep with your wife? Did Rondo get you fired from a job? Hit you with his car?

C - Zeller/Oly/Fav

PF - Sully/Bass/Oly

SF - Green/Turner

PG - Rondo/Smart

Is that it will be very hard to tank. It is better than the Celtics team that started 9-11 and would have won 36-40 games in the weak east before injuries (Wallace/Faverani), trades that made us worse (Crawford and Lee out Bayless in) and the need to tank set in. 

Danny needs to trade Rondo, Bass, Green, Thornton and Wallace as soon as possible of course, but it will be next to impossible to get fair value for them at this point. 

I agree with your post 100%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I thought Young was going to be great and now you are already excluding him from your rotations

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to billge's comment:

I thought Young was going to be great and now you are already excluding him from your rotations

Unless some of our SFs and other players are traded, Young is not likely to even make the 12 man roster and dressed for games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

While Cleveland seems like a likely destination for Love this doesn't mean anything more than the Cavs acquire cap room for a future move. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Not what I heard when Young was drafted, but I agree, except I think there will be a trade, cause I think this group could get lucky and win enough games to put us in draft limbo, if healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Not what I heard when Young was drafted, but I agree, except I think there will be a trade, cause I think this group could get lucky and win enough games to put us in draft limbo, if healthy.

Am I not allowed to say at the draft that Young has the potential to combine a healthy Ron Mercer's game inside the 3 point line with Danny Green like 3 point shooting to eventually become like 80% of Tracy McGrady?  

But then ALSO say he should spend through the trade deadline this upcoming season in the D-League since he doesn't turn 19 until August 16th and has already missed summer league action due to a car accident?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

During his age 19 season, his second in the NBA and one he played at 3 months older than Young, TMac was given 22 minutes and took 8 shots shooting 43% from the field, a God-awful 23% from 3 and 72% from the line en route to 9.3 points per game.

Do I think Young could do that this season?

YES

Do I think he should be given 22 minutes Nov-Feb leaving less than 20 a game for Turner and Thornton to share when he could play 36 minutes a game in the D-League that did not exist for McGrady in 1998?

NO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Lovey Dovey G-O-N-E!!!

LBJ G-O-N-E!!!!!

Melo G-O-N-E!!!!

C - Zeller/Oly/Fav

PF - Sully/Bass/Oly

SF - Green/Turner

PG - Rondo/Smart

I agree with your post 100%

I don't even know what or who you are...and I certainly never remember you being here every night the C's played last season commenting on games while they played!....Enjoy the tanking, I know I will. Also, learn basketball talent because anyone who thinks the basketball sun rises and sets in the rear ends of Rondon't, Mr. Green Jeans and Faux Hawk really needs to read - A LOT - about the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Lovey Dovey G-O-N-E!!!

LBJ G-O-N-E!!!!!

Melo G-O-N-E!!!!

C - Zeller/Oly/Fav

PF - Sully/Bass/Oly

SF - Green/Turner

PG - Rondo/Smart

Vile hatred? Noooooooooo, pishaw my good and deluded fellow, I merely speak basketball truth. I'm clearly not a member of the Rondo Youth Brigade like yourself and lord knows I could never be. He's a limited, fading "star" whose talents (or bone-headed personality) are unable to lure good stars here to play with his "obvious" (HA!) all-world NBA talent. But you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.....Green? He has no heart (guts), shows up for one out of every three games and, AGAIN, is a player nobody wants. He is the very definition of "sucks". Nobody is coming here to play with him either.. But hey, you love him so much, I'll try to muffle the laughter when he's gone after his contract is over and he's playing third string for some other 2nd division NBA squad or he signs a contract to play in the competitive Euro league.( NAW, that's a lie, I'll type BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! with a conviction never before seen on these threads when it happens) Faux Hawk? Are you serious? Defending Faux Hawk? That's too funny even for you!

One thing I will say...nope, make that two things:

1 - You need to develop a thicker skin...you get flustered easily...it's sports kid, relax, you'll live longer...none of these clowns know or care that you exist!   and,

2 - If...and that's a very questionable IF...I'm wrong I'll be the first one to admit it here and BWAHAHAHAHAHA at myself for being wrong. I've done it before here...it won't killl me or anyone else here to admit they are wrong...it's not real life kids, it's the freekin' frackin' internet...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
    Multiple sources under impression TWolves star Kevin Love has requested trade to Cavs to/through agent. Story: http://foxs.pt/1l2fhIS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Supposedly the CAvs would need a 3rd team. I've said this before, I'm ambivalent about Love but, I would love to get Dieng. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think Love will wind up in CLE, but them clearing things out means little.  MN will deal him when they've exacted the most. And apparently that is not yet. Be careful what you ask for. 

Atta boy Flip keep digging it in deeper.

Sections
Shortcuts