Kevin Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Kevin Love

The Celtics are going to have lots of money to spend in the offseason, but won't be able to spend it on Howard or Williams. Kevin Love is a restricted free agent and may be looking for a bigger market. He is a tremendous young player that I would love to see in Celtics Green next year. He has a solid inside out game and is the leagues most dominating rebounder. Is it realistic to think of Boston as a potential landing spot?

He would pair well with Rondo (and hopefully Jeff Green) for the future. Hoping for someone with a little more knowledge of the NBA rumor mill to shed some light on the the subject.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Kevin Love

We should make him a max offer.  All indications are the MN will match it, though.  He doesn't really have a say as an RFA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

As a side note...I have read articles about Love wanting to reunite with Westbrook as in their UCLA days. Wouldn't mind seeing a Rondo + trade for Westbrook (who clashes with Durant). Then when the offseason rolls around, we would have Westbrook here to lure Love.

As for the possibility of the Wolves matching any offers...we all know that stars in this league get what they want. I'm sure that if Love wanted to leave, he could leverage that into happening.

So I'm thinking this season is lost. Trade Rondo for Westbrook and hopefully our own 1st Rounder is a high one and we can rebuild on Westbrook, Green, and Love.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Love will most likely be re-signed by next week:

Charley Walters of Pioneer Press wrote Tuesday to look for the Wolves to offer Love a four-year deal worth $60 million "within the next eight days."

If this ends up being the Wolves' offer, it's possible Love's payday could land somewhere in the $60-$80 million range if Love's representation is aiming more for the max deal and they're able to land the full five-year deal instead of just four seasons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Love is barely six eight and despite his stats he does not win games.  With our team new starting next year Love will not win games.  The fascination with this stat piler eludes me.  He does not win games.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He may not be able to win games by himself but he is a fantastic number 2.  His rebounding and his 3 point shooting are great and he gets a team more opportunities.  If a person like Pierce, Green or Rondo is drawing attention with the ball in their hands, he will get open for easy shots.   I say may the full max offer and if Minny matches, great.  If they've already worked a deal in the next week or so, this conversation is moot.

Without Love, DH, DWill, nor Westbrook available, there are only a couple of "nice" players who are RFA (Mayo, Eric Gordon, Lopez) but no game breakers and certainly no superstars.  So, we'll have cap room but not much to go after.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

IMHO, Kevin Love and Dwayne Wade are the best players in the NBA.  So if we could get Kevin Love he is a monster rock around which a team can be built.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kevin Love is better than Kevin Durant, Derick Rose, Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.  That is insane and I hate the last two players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In Response to Re: Kevin Love:
    [QUOTE]Kevin Love is better than Kevin Durant, Derick Rose, Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.  That is insane and I hate the last two players.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

None of those guys pull down 14 rebounds each night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Averaging 25 PPG, 14 Reb on solid percentages (45, 38, 80)
    Outlet passes like Unseld.

Only 23 Years old.

Minnesota offered him less than the max (4-60M).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Problem: West Coast kids think that they ultimately want to back on the Left Coast where the weather is more to thier liking. It's superficial but true. Love probably would rather go west than east when he has the choice. Of course that doesn't preclude a Minnesota-Boston trade before he is a FA. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kevin Love needs to win more basketball games to be put in with the five players mentioned above.  If he comes here during a new era we will have his stats with a Timberwolves record.  There is no way around it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Unseld is comparable.  I was thinking Moses Malone who was one of the greatest to ever put on sneakers.  Not trying to put the guy in Springfield yet as he still has to win a few games...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Great move.  The hardest position to fill is an agile big man, after that is point guard natch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

On a side note, Rubio, Love, Williams, Minnesota has a solid core.  Would KG finish his career back there?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I am a huge Kevin Love fan, but Minnesota isn't going to let him go. They've got Rubio, Williams, and now Love locked in for more than a few runs into the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Minnesota is not loaded with money.  If we offer Love the max money, they will have to match.  Maybe they get scared and consider a sign and trade.  We get Love and they get a huge trade from us.   What would we give up at that time (remember, its next year and KG + Ray are not under contract)?

Sections
Shortcuts