Kevin Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Kevin Love

Why would Love commit to Cleveland if he wasn't assured Lebron would be there for more than one season?

With the report coming out that Lebron's contract is for 2 years at $42 million with the second year being a player option, what assurances does Love, or anyone else for that matter, have that Lebron will be in Cleveland long-term?  Oh, because he said so?  We've seen that story before.

With all of these young, immature guys, this could turn out to be a major disaster in Cleveland (especially if Love and/or Minny decides to wait until the trade deadline to see how things in Cleveland play out).

Although he said it yesterday, I doubt Love would now go to Cleveland and commit long-term until he knows Lebron is on board too.

Therefore, I'm not so sure Love is as much of a lock to Cleveland as I thought just yesterday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Kevin Love

I agree, Petey.  And, what is MN's motivation to trade him now?  Because LeBron wants him?  Why does MN care what LeBron wants?  Flip will do what he feels is best for the T-Wolves organization.

CLE is very reluctant to part with Wiggins..........and I think that may gum up the works the way Klay gummed up the works for GSW.

The longer Flip waits, IMO, the better our offer will look.  No one is untouchable on our team!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think Love can still go with no promise to extend.  The Cavs has no choice but to accept if Minny agrees to trade and try to make things work.  Otherwise if things does not come together well, Lebron will leave anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Just remember the Carmelo Anthony deal to the Knicks from Denver.

Denver waited until it was almost the trade deadline to move Carmelo.

The Knicks ended up overpaying for Melo.

I think the Wolves are just waiting for a team to get desperate.

Celts can get Love.

But the Celts would have to overpay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

OMG, I can see it on these threads now.....

"Love will sign with Boston and convince Lebron to come the year after."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Face reality guys, you'll never ever see Love or Melo or Lebron in Boston as a member of the C's, so stop dancing nimbly around the subject. Get ready for year two of Tankapalooza. Tankapalooza Duece comin' right up! Red screwed the pooch for DA by destroying teams in trade deals.. After DA pulled a heist with Minny for KG, NOBODY will get talked into a deal with Boston that even has a potential hint of stinking like a screwjob against the team DA trades with , especially Minny. What goes around comes around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Face reality guys, you'll never ever see Love or Melo or Lebron in Boston as a member of the C's, so stop dancing nimbly around the subject. Get ready for year two of Tankapalooza. Tankapalooza Duece comin' right up! Red screwed the pooch for DA by destroying teams in trade deals.. After DA pulled a heist with Minny for KG, NOBODY will get talked into a deal with Boston that even has a potential hint of stinking like a screwjob against the team DA , especially Minny. What goes around comes around.

[/QUOTE]

So let's tank if we have to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I really don't get the fascination with Kevin Love. A lot of the people on this board seem more like star struck 12 year olds then basketball fans.  Love is a very good player who would do absolutely nothing to change the fortunes of the Celtics.

I would rather have Sully for cheap then pay 100 million bucks for Love. The difference between the two is probably three wins a year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Face reality guys, you'll never ever see Love or Melo or Lebron in Boston as a member of the C's, so stop dancing nimbly around the subject. Get ready for year two of Tankapalooza. Tankapalooza Duece comin' right up! Red screwed the pooch for DA by destroying teams in trade deals.. After DA pulled a heist with Minny for KG, NOBODY will get talked into a deal with Boston that even has a potential hint of stinking like a screwjob against the team DA , especially Minny. What goes around comes around.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lets...and be done with all this hand wringing....the superstars of the NBA are not running here to play with our "All World" PG Rondon't and our "All World" SF Mr. Green Jeans....what a joke ! ("But...but...but... Green had a great playoff series two years ago!!!"...Get over it, HE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really don't get the fascination with Kevin Love. A lot of the people on this board seem more like star struck 12 year olds then basketball fans.  Love is a very good player who would do absolutely nothing to change the fortunes of the Celtics.

I would rather have Sully for cheap then pay 100 million bucks for Love. The difference between the two is probably three wins a year.

[/QUOTE]

True.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True.

[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.  There is no urgency to go after Love.  Danny should allow for this season to play out.  He can keep Green or trade him for reasonable assets.  He should get whatever he can for Bass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Makes sense.  There is no urgency to go after Love.  Danny should allow for this season to play out.  He can keep Green or trade him for reasonable assets.  He should get whatever he can for Bass.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Lets...and be done with all this hand wringing....the superstars of the NBA are not running here to play with our "All World" PG Rondon't and our "All World" SF Mr. Green Jeans....what a joke ! ("But...but...but... Green had a great playoff series two years ago!!!"...Get over it, HE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!)

[/QUOTE]

Well, for the tankers out there, here is a guy who could replace Jeff Green and be our small forward of the future.  Stanley Johnson, 6'7" 215 lbs, great handles, good shooting stroke, can pull up or get to the rim, very good but not elite leaper, good passer, 6'11" reach. Tools to defend, (speed, IQ, Length, athleticism)

He is probably going in the top 6 or so. But if we again miss out on a big like Okafore or Towns at the top of this draft, he could be the guy.

http://youtu.be/i9lEBEkeLDE" rel="nofollow">http://youtu.be/i9lEBEkeLDE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amen.  Love is a great rebounder.  I throw scoring out the window when a player is on a bad team.  Give Sully the same minutes and shots Love gets and see the numbers he puts up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

Amen.  Love is a great rebounder.  I throw scoring out the window when a player is on a bad team.  Give Sully the same minutes and shots Love gets and see the numbers he puts up.

[/QUOTE]

I am so over this Love crap you couldn't find my interest in him with an electron microscope...guys are using DA to build up their value in contract negotiations and that's it. We have to get a lot closer to building a good young team before any established star will come here in FA to make the difference to win championships. There will be no quick fix this time around. Green was brought here because DA felt he had a shot to win something with KG, PP, J Shuttlesworth  and Rondon't and because he didn't want to give Perkins a big contract with his lack of all around game and questionable knee. Face it, the Mr. Green Jeans experiment has been a hideous dismal failure. Rondon't will never get a max contract here so one way or the other he's gone too. That's why they drafted two guards this year in the 1st round.

Watch what DA does, not what he says.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would Love commit to Cleveland if he wasn't assured Lebron would be there for more than one season?

With the report coming out that Lebron's contract is for 2 years at $42 million with the second year being a player option, what assurances does Love, or anyone else for that matter, have that Lebron will be in Cleveland long-term?  Oh, because he said so?  We've seen that story before.

With all of these young, immature guys, this could turn out to be a major disaster in Cleveland (especially if Love and/or Minny decides to wait until the trade deadline to see how things in Cleveland play out).

Although he said it yesterday, I doubt Love would now go to Cleveland and commit long-term until he knows Lebron is on board too.

Therefore, I'm not so sure Love is as much of a lock to Cleveland as I thought just yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

You might be right but I really believe that LeBron will stay in Cleveland until he retires.  If they don't get Love I would imagine that they will be able to sign some veteran players that are just trying to win a championship.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Bron is just waiting for the new TV deal and will resign in Cleveland...he's not going anywhere.

Teams will start setting up for KD next. KD could get upwards of $30M per year with the new TV deal. I would think OKC may look for assets before he just walks. I dont see OKC paying KD and Westbrook. Ainge will have a ton of assets to offer. The Wiz and Knicks will be after him too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am so over this Love crap you couldn't find my interest in him with an electron microscope...guys are using DA to build up their value in contract negotiations and that's it. We have to get a lot closer to building a good young team before any established star will come here in FA to make the difference to win championships. There will be no quick fix this time around. Green was brought here because DA felt he had a shot to win something with KG, PP, J Shuttlesworth  and Rondon't and because he didn't want to give Perkins a big contract with his lack of all around game and questionable knee. Face it, the Mr. Green Jeans experiment has been a hideous dismal failure. Rondon't will never get a max contract here so one way or the other he's gone too. That's why they drafted two guards this year in the 1st round.

Watch what DA does, not what he says.

[/QUOTE]

The Green experiment didn't fail.  KG got old, Rondo got hurt, and Ray left town.   Green would be fine if he had a star to lead rather than asking him to lead.  In the end, bad luck and Danny's constant dealing caused us to fail. 

Moreover, I don't understand the love with creating cap room for the future.   We are not going to end up with some great players in 2015 from having cap room.   Look at the list of FAs in 2015:  Kevin Love, DeAndre Jordan, Goran Dragic, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol and Roy Hibbert are the top ones.   Love isn't coming here by himself and if he did, you'll all be as disappointed as you are with Green because with a good cast, Love can't even get INTO the playoffs!   He'll go to a place where he's the second or 3rd star.   He is Chris Bosh and will be great as the third star.  The other guys:

Dragic is just a little better than Rondo and won't lead anyone to a championship.  

Aldridge is good but we see from his current play, he's a great big man shooter but not a good passer and not great D.   Again - no great leader there.

Gasol is the best of the bunch (who knew long ago), but what will attract him to Boston?

Hibbert - again, a 3rd option, at best.

Best thing for the C's is to tank, AGAIN, get more young players, and count on being irrelevant for another 2 and probably 3 years.  

Get ready boys, we are in for watching some constant losing if Ainge doesn't get something big THIS YEAR.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Remember, in the Green trade, we also got a guy named Krstic.  He was a very good player.  With the pending lockout, he left for Russia.

That is not on Ainge.......and his contingency plan was Erden, who went to Turkey.  Both these guys went "home" long before LeBron did.

I still have faith that he will bring us back to the top.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

me, too. but the difference is considerably more than three wins. danny isn't a fool.

bp

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i would love to have love on this team..but come on people we are not getting him this off-season...just let it go already...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Anyone saying that they know Boston IS or ISN'T going to get Love is FOS, that includes "know it all" posters here as well as reporters.  

We won't know until it happens, Minny has the luxury of patience, it may happen later this season.  If Cleveland won't give Wiggens nothing is for sure there.  Stop pretending you know.  If you think I'm talking to you, you're probably right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Face reality guys, you'll never ever see Love or Melo or Lebron in Boston as a member of the C's, so stop dancing nimbly around the subject. Get ready for year two of Tankapalooza. Tankapalooza Duece comin' right up! Red screwed the pooch for DA by destroying teams in trade deals.. After DA pulled a heist with Minny for KG, NOBODY will get talked into a deal with Boston that even has a potential hint of stinking like a screwjob against the team DA trades with , especially Minny. What goes around comes around.

[/QUOTE]

interesting...pretty sure that just last year DA pulled off a steal of a trade with KG and Paul Pierce. Good talk tho. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone saying that they know Boston IS or ISN'T going to get Love is FOS, that includes "know it all" posters here as well as reporters.  

We won't know until it happens, Minny has the luxury of patience, it may happen later this season.  If Cleveland won't give Wiggens nothing is for sure there.  Stop pretending you know.  If you think I'm talking to you, you're probably right.

[/QUOTE]

yeah we can get love...you gotta trade rondo for him....you gotta give to get...if not love would have been traded already....flip is not just going to give him away like some of you think...other teams have better package of players than us and he still is not traded? think about that....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just remember the Carmelo Anthony deal to the Knicks from Denver.

Denver waited until it was almost the trade deadline to move Carmelo.

The Knicks ended up overpaying for Melo.

give all the first round choices, they are not worth that much anyway

I think the Wolves are just waiting for a team to get desperate.

Celts can get Love.

But the Celts would have to overpay.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Suppose the season starts, and the TWolves absolutely stink up the joint.   Suppose Wiggins is as good as advertised...........EITHER OF THESE IMPOSSIBLE?????.................Flip may then change his mind and want to sell his players and rebuild.  It is then WE are in the best situation.

Now?  Probably not ..GSW and CLE have potentially better offers.   I think the longer Flip waits, the better it is for us.  Not saying it would be easy, or a done deal.  But, you know what Yogi said............

Sections
Shortcuts