Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11:
    In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : A healthy Bynum means no Gasol. If Gasol stayed in Memphis, Phoenix would have made the Finals in 08. So, again, if Bynum didn't get hurt, you would not have Gasol. Fierce knows this and would never agree.............but Jerry West played in MN, right?
    Posted by BirdandCowens

A healthy Bynum has nothing to do with Gasol staying in Memphis.

1) Gasol gift-wrapped to the Lakers
    2) Bynum could recover from the injury after the trade.

Double whammy for you...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : The evidence is clear, back in 2008 the Celtics dominated the Lakers. There was not a single moment in that series where the Celtics were threatened.

That was because Bynum wasn't there. Given that game 2 was close and game 4 was a historical choke job. The series could easily have gone 4-1 Lakers had the Bynum recovered fully from his injury and contributed 10+ points and 10+ rebounds per game.

See, you can't have it both ways, using Perkins' injury as excuse while ignoring Bynum's. Injury is part of the game, yes or no?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : Hey, I like the guy ... effort, heart and skilled but undersized. I anticipated your comment but expected Fierce to make it. I just don't think he can play those kind of minutes ... otherwise we'd see more of him. My guess is the coaching staff doesn't quite trust him to be out there any longer for fear of him tiring or too much exposure to his low post weakness. You can't assume that cause he gets 4 rebounds in 18 minutes that he will be twice as good in 35 minutes. That's what I'm talking about - conditioning and exposure if played too long. I think he's fine as the third option at PF and C or against certain matchups but don't want him as my primary reliever for KG, that's all.
    Posted by Mployee8

IMO when analyzing a players production, you have to view it as a per minute analysis. B.B is not going to play full time period. However as a role player, his rebounding production per minute is adequate.
        B.B's rebounding ability is not his problem. What he has to work on is not getting his shot blocked so often. He led the NBA in getting his shot blocked per minutes played. Another blogger just commented about this and I think he has a very good point. B.B has to work on ways of not getting his shot blocked so often. Pump fakes before shooting is one of the best ways to avoid getting your shot blocked as well as having good vision and judgment in regards as when to attempt a shot down low.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

THE CELTICS BLOW. The key stat for the Celtics success this upcoming season has nothing to do with the Celtics. for the Celtics to be successful Lebron, or Wade, Kobe or Andrew or pau, and dwight howard needs to tear an ACL break several bones, or fracture their spinal columns. the truth is its over. the celtics reign ended at one. no dynasty. no multiple championships. go whine and moan, moan and whine. the casual fans know it. the hardcore fans know it. the bandwaggoners know it(they thought it was too cold in boston so they packed their bags and headed to miami)the refs know it. the commisioner knows it. now its time you guys know it. BOSTON BLOWS. not just the basketball team but boston in general and everything associated with it except the departed. good movie.
    Posted by brndonthagreat

Clearly, Brandon THE great is not a product of Boston based schools as he can neither spell, nor punctuate properly.  He is also using sentence fragments a lot.  Blows what, Brandon?  Wind? Air?
    I suspect Brandon is about 15 and has nothing to do on a Sunday, and will stop blogging when Mommy tells him to do his homework.  And he will be BANNED by Tuesday, guaranteed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

LOL. ARE YOU ON BLOG PATROL BECAUSE YOU HAVE REPLIED TO EVERY ONE OF MY POST. I NOTICED YOUR ONLY REPLY IS PERTAINING TO GRAMMAR AND NOT THE CONTENT OF THE POST. IF I WERE 15 I'D PROBABLY BE OFFENDED BUT SINCE IM NOT HERE TO IMPRESS YOU WITH GRAMMAR AND PUCTUATION OR A SUPERFLOUS USE OF SYNTAX HOW ABOUT YOU CRITIQUE MY ARGUMENTS AND MAYBE LATER I'LL EMAIL A COPY OF MY PAPER DUE NEXT WEEK AND YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME POINTERS.  In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 :
    Posted by brndonthagreat

Your post has no content.  It's all conjecture and opinion.  And not very well written, either.  You make no argument, all you do is spew bile and contradict.  That is not arguing.  You demean Boston, the Celtics and Bill Ruselll,  and you expect to be what, left alone?  You brought this on yourself.  Go away now, son, today's lesson s over!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 :    IMO when analyzing a players production, you have to view it as a per minute analysis. B.B is not going to play full time period. However as a role player, his rebounding production per minute is adequate.     B.B's rebounding ability is not his problem. What he has to work on is not getting his shot blocked so often. He led the NBA in getting his shot blocked per minutes played. Another blogger just commented about this and I think he has a very good point. B.B has to work on ways of not getting his shot blocked so often. Pump fakes before shooting is one of the best ways to avoid getting your shot blocked as well as having good vision and judgment in regards as when to attempt a shot down low.
    Posted by mem17

I agree.  I teach my team the pump fake all the time.  Nice post!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : Agreed ... Danny Fortson was pretty good at that. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/fortsda01.html
    Posted by Mployee8

Let me add that there's no way Glen Davis is going to get close to 30 minutes per game of playing time. Most probably KG will be getting 30 minutes per game, if you do the math there's only 18 minutes left available. 

It's funny that you agree with mem17 when the both of us have the same take on Glen Davis.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : I agreed with the need for pump faking ... what did you read?
    Posted by Mployee8

HAHAHA!!!

So if Glen Davis learns how to pump fake he's already the ideal backup PF?

4) Is Glen Davis ready to take the next step?

Rasheed Wallace is retired and Glen Davis is healthy, so the onus is on the big man to take the next step and emerge as a major factor this season, especially playing for another contract next summer. Davis's 2009-10 season was derailed when he missed 27 games with a broken right thumb. He admitted Wallace's presence affected his confidence, but now he enters the season as likely the first man off the bench.

I hope you will not be miserable when Glen Davis plays well this season. 

Cool

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : No, pump fake will help his offense but he's still not long enough for the ideal PF ... he makes a fine role player/reserve. Read this and weep ... seems I'm not the only one that thinks JON is the ideal PF behind KG and that relegates BBD to reserve C/PF with limited minutes especially when/if Perk gets back in March. Hey, I hope I'm wrong and BBD has figured it all out but that's my heart ... my brain says he has no ups and can't ball down low amongst the trees except limited situations. Maybe I'm wrong ... time will tell. http://www.celticsblog.com/2010/9/19/1697547/who-will-get-the-most-minutes-at />  One of the most interesting battles then will be who plays more at he back up power forward position behind Garnett, Jermaine or Baby? Now I think who plays between Jermaine and Baby when Garnett goes to the bench will depend alot about match ups and who the opposing teams  the C's are playing against. But the question Id like to ask is (not considering match ups and opponents which as I mention above will probably determine who plays behind Garnett)  is who would you in general prefer to see back up Garnett and get the most minutes..... Jermaine or Baby ?? Now I personally would prefer to see Jermaine get more minutes in general just because I think he is a better overall basketball player then Baby both on the offense and defense ends of the court. I also like the fact Jermaine will give us that much needed length now at the back up power forward position that we have lacked the last few years since we have had to rely on undersized Baby (and Powe also) who lacked the height to properly match up against alot of the longer opposing power forwards the C's have had to face. Baby has had problems the last few years due to his lack of length defending longer power forwards, getting his shot off (and blocked often) in the low post against them. With Jermaine we will now have a back up power forward who will have the length to defend and get his shots off in the low post aganist these longer power forwards and not have to deal with the problems Baby faces due to his lack of length. We will also with Jermaine get a  shot blocker at the position which we have not had in years.  <
    Posted by Mployee8

If Perk was healthy JO would be the ideal backup PF. But right now the Celtics need both O'Neals at Center. And the Celtics usually use 4 bigs every game so until Perk returns you will be seeing a lot of Glen Davis. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : JON was signed as/promised the starting Center spot ... If time is split between him and Shaq until Perk returns then one would expect the balance of his minutes would be at PF. Hard to see him sitting on the bench with KG watching Shaq and BBD when he's suppose to be a starter. Sure BBD will get time at PF when JON is at Center but I'd be surprised to see JON riding the pine unless in foul trouble or needing a blow.
    Posted by Mployee8

JO will get a lot of minutes. I just don't think he will spend a lot of time at PF. 

Reason why I don't think JO will play much at PF is I don't think Doc will risk getting JO injured. I'm sure Doc will play possum again in the regular season, utilizing at least 10 players every game. That's why I think it's JO/Shaq and KG/Baby.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : PF is his natural position ... why would he be more vulnerable at PF than at C where all the beef is?
    Posted by Mployee8

Maybe 5 years ago JO's natural position was PF, but right now he's not as agile as he used to be. JO has slowed down over the years. It's not like he's still 25 years old. If you saw him play since he left Indiana you know he has never fully recovered from all those injuries. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : Sheed did it part time - seems to me JON is younger and in better shape than Sheed though he has a lot of mileage on those wheels for his age. I understand that he's developed a fade away jumper ala KG that seems to get more accurate the farthur away from the rim he is ... sounds like he'd be better off at PF than tangling with the bigger centers unless Shaq draws that responsibility on a regular basis. In which case he could spell KG at PF anyway ... so sorry BBD!
    Posted by Mployee8

I think if it's the playoffs we're talking about JO would be getting more minutes at the PF spot. But since we're only talking about the regular season I don't think Doc Rivers will risk injuring JO by letting him play Center and KG's backup at the same time. JO would burn out by season's end if he has to shoulder that kind of a load. I think if the Celtics were really serious about using JO as KG's backup then BBD should have been traded by now. 

Again, JO was signed to replace Perk as the starting Center, not to backup KG. Having said that it doesn't mean that by playoff time we won't be seeing JO at the PF spot when KG sits. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

We may average more than 42 rebounds per game.  Don't forget D-West: he averaged almost 3 rebounds per game playing only 25 minutes and Rondo rebounds as well.

With this team, I don't see rebounding woes like we had last season.

Interesting number to come up with, though.  I like the concept.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

BBD: "I don't understand my role." Doc: "If he doesn't understand his role he'll be spending alot of time on the bench." His role has been the same for three years and it's not gonna change now. Point! So much for Fierce's expectation of great things from BB and more minutes ... He'll have to earn them, once again. http://www.csnne.com/09/28/10/SNC-Big-Babys-whining-is-no-big-deal/v1_landing_celtics.html?blockID=320503&feedID=3945
    Posted by Mployee8

Glen Davis has always been a whiner, it doesn't surprise me that he says something like that. But the Celtics have yet to play their first preseason game. It's premature to count out Glen Davis this early in the season. I mean, the games even haven't started yet.

Again, Glen Davis will not get more than 20 minutes per game. He will just spell KG and if needed play some Center. I never said anything about Glen Davis becoming the Celtics best big man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : Glen Davis has always been a whiner, it doesn't surprise me that he says something like that. But the Celtics have yet to play their first preseason game. It's premature to count out Glen Davis this early in the season. I mean, the games even haven't started yet. Again, Glen Davis will not get more than 20 minutes per game. He will just spell KG and if needed play some Center. I never said anything about Glen Davis becoming the Celtics best big man.
    Posted by P34

-

Count out Big Baby?

Com'on Fierce, Baby is gonna play a pivotal role in the C's success this season. 

Him and Delonte West.

Just you wait and see.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : Yes but his role is established and it ain't gonna be what you where predicting ... sans a clack swan event.  I stand by my theory that JON is the primary backup to KG with Shaq taking over at Center ... sure JON's minutes will be on a tight leash but BB won't be KG's nackup ... Period!
    Posted by Mployee8

Maybe in the playoffs JO will backup KG. But I don't think it's wise to use only 3 bigs in the regular season. I don't see anything wrong with a JO/Shaq and KG/Baby rotation at the 4 and 5 positions. 

Since you keep saying that Glen Davis will not be KG's backup, why don't you tell us what role will Davis play this season and how many minutes do you think he will get per game. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : Yes but his role is established and it ain't gonna be what you where predicting ... sans a clack swan event.  I stand by my theory that JON is the primary backup to KG with Shaq taking over at Center ... sure JON's minutes will be on a tight leash but BB won't be KG's nackup ... Period!
    Posted by Mployee8

-

I ain't a gonna arguement with choo, mp, wese cud bot B rite.

All I's sayin is dat Baby gonna play a pivotal role {and den sum} in da Celtics suckcess.

Wink

Sections
Shortcuts