Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11

Think about this, if JO becomes the PF and Shaq the Center that means ZERO minutes for Glen Davis. What Mployee8 is implying is that the Celtics go with 3 bigs for the entire game. Doc Rivers never goes that route in the regular season. It has always been 4 bigs every game for Doc, the Celtics are not the Lakers. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Perk is going to be out for several more months. Therefore who else would be the 4th big? Erden or Harrangody? I doubt it. Big Baby is the 4th big until Perk returns.
        I think Big Baby may be concerned about his position once Perk returns. Big Baby may end up as the 5th big at that point. A lot can happen between now and when Perk returns.
       Big Baby should look on the bright side. Playing about 18 minutes per game on a championship contending team is a great position to be in. A lot of NBA players would give anything to be in B.B's position. Obviously Big Baby still has some growing up to do. Too bad because he's a good player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11:
    [QUOTE]Perk is going to be out for several more months. Therefore who else would be the 4th big? Erden or Harrangody? I doubt it. Big Baby is the 4th big until Perk returns.     I think Big Baby may be concerned about his position once Perk returns. Big Baby may end up as the 5th big at that point. A lot can happen between now and when Perk returns.    Big Baby should look on the bright side. Playing about 18 minutes per game on a championship contending team is a great position to be in. A lot of NBA players would give anything to be in B.B's position. Obviously Big Baby still has some growing up to do. Too bad because he's a good player.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

-

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think Big Baby has All Star potential and that he will play a key role this season, maybe even bigger than Shaq and JO.  I said maybe.

I don't care about bigs or smalls, like Doc, I care about results, and when Baby is on the floor he gets results.

I told you I was going out on a limb and if I turn out to be wrong you can all say what you will, I expect you to, but if I'm right, and I think I will be, you will, on the other hand, be hearing from me.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : I never said that ... don't attribute something to me that I didn't say SOB! You said BB would be the backup (primary) to KG and I said no ... BB will have the same role he's always had. Spelling the C and PF spots as needed based on fouls, breathers, opponent and days off. He'll get 15 mins per at a minimum unless circumstances warrant otherwise as noted above. He's still the #4 big unless Erden sticks and surprises until Perk comes back healthy ... then he may be traded provided Perk is good to go.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

-

I hate when they do that.  Misquote or misconstrue.  Usually on purpose.

But I don't think the C's will trade Baby, he's too valuable, and you can never have too many good bigs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Key Stat for the Celtics in 2010-11 : I'd agree R'ski but I don't see Danny wanting to spend $5M or more for him given the two year plan to rebuild. That $ would be better spendt for a SF backup or a young PF with length. Put BB in a 6'10" frame with hops and wingspan and he'd already have a 3 yr contract. They could resign him as a FA for 1 yr but if a trade comes along that involves him, I'm afraid Danny pulls the trigger ... that's how I see it, not necessarily how a feel about him... Understand?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

-

I do understand, and I also must admit that I don't think like that, I'm more of a naive, emotional fan who gets really attached to players, and I've gotten really attached to Big Baby, though I was incredibly angry with him for his foolishness last pre-season.  His hustle and play down the stretch, though, caused me to forgive and forget that faux pas, shall we say.

I was almost ready to write him off last season for his lack of hops and his inability to finish at the rim, getting his shot blocked all the time nearly drove me crazy.

But all of a sudden he got an up-fake, and he got hustle and good things started to happen when he was on the floor, not the least of which was a huge spike in energy when he came off the bench.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, maybe it's the fan-boy in me, but I think Baby will build on the good things he did last year and be a key player in the C's success this year. 

But then I think Delonte West will also be a key factor in the C's success.  What do I know.

Right now it's all good, right.  All that's left to do is to play the games.

The easy part is officially over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

48 rebounds against Philly. Hope this trend of the Celtics getting 40+ rebounds every game continues. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

So far so good. After 8 preseason games the Celtics are averaging 43.4 rebounds per game. I hope this continues in the regular season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

42 rebounds on opening night against the Heat. What's more important is the Celtics got the W.

Sections
Shortcuts