Keyon Dooling lies about Rajon Rondo in his book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

Keyon Dooling lies about Rajon Rondo in his book

Following the footsteps of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Doc Rivers, Shaq O'neal, Brian Scalabrine, Nate Robinson, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, among others, Keyon Dooling raved about Rondo in his book, which we smarter Celtic fans know is all lies, bc we know the truth about Rondo, how worthless he is on the court, and how terrible he is off of it. I wish these guys would just tell the truth, nobody likes this guy.

He spoke of the misconceptions of the point guard that are fueled by the media, his pure fire, passion for the game, and determination to win at all costs. LIES. ALL LIES. Embarrassing, really, that these guys wont expose Rondo for the monster that he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

Re: Keyon Dooling lies about Rajon Rondo in his book

http://hoopshype.com/articles/keyon-dooling/how-i-overcame-abuse-and-learned-to-lead-in-the-nba" rel="nofollow">http://hoopshype.com/articles/keyon-dooling/how-i-overcame-abuse-and-learned-to-lead-in-the-nba" rel="nofollow">http://hoopshype.com/articles/keyon-dooling/how-i-overcame-abuse-and-learned-to-lead-in-the-nba

The excerpt:

It began with my mentorship of Rajon Rondo. Before coming to Boston, I was a little wary of him. I had heard so many stories about how tough he was to work with and how hard he was to talk to – I just didn’t know what I was in for. His reputation was that he was standoffish, super smart, and super emotional – but, I had to say, these are the characteristics of many great men. Most great men, they hate authority and they hate the system and they’re very passionate about their beliefs, because they see a better way. Rondo was also a super-competitive guy: He wanted to win the drills, he wanted to win at playing checkers, heck, he even wanted to win at Connect Four. If you’ve ever seen the video of him taking down two ESPN guys in two separate games at once, you know what I’m talking about.

So here I was, on a mission to connect with this supposedly scary dude everyone’s talking about. I didn’t really have a choice, they even moved his locker next to mine to get the relationship going.

Result? A great friendship!

I found him to be the total opposite of scary. I think the timing had a lot to with it – he was at a place in life where he was open to my way of helping. There were a lot of misconceptions about him in the media and even in the league, and I wanted people to appreciate Ray (that’s what I call him) for who he truly was.

And who is he? An amazing player and an amazing guy. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of NBA players that I seriously consider to be true friends that I can always depend on. Ray is one of them – a man of quality.

And also this from a yahoo interview...  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/rajon-rondo-status-unique-boston-locker-room-130108276.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/rajon-rondo-status-unique-boston-locker-room-130108276.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/rajon-rondo-status-unique-boston-locker-room-130108276.html

"It's funny because there were a lot of people who didn't necessarily talk before the game. John Stockton was a guy who never talked before the game, never signed autographs or anything like that and he was known as a gentleman and a saint so the spin that Rondo has is definitely a misconception. If you ask the guys in the locker room, I'd tell you that everybody is with him. If I have to go down a dark alley, I want to go down there with him. As a matter of fact, behind him because he's a great leader."

"That's the beauty about our game," Dooling continued. "There's different layers, different backgrounds, different personalities. He's one of those quiet, confident guys who just loves the game. Maybe not a lot of things that come with the game, but he loves the game."

"When your elbow goes this way, I mean, the guy plays through everything," Dooling said, his face scrunching up just speaking of the injury Rondo sustained during the playoffs last season. "One of the biggest adjustments he made to his game this year, something we talked about, is not hitting the floor so much. He would always be on the floor, on the floor, on the floor. I'm like, 'Young fella, how long are you trying to play? You can't be trying to play long because the ground doesn't move.' He's done a great job of staying off of the ground. He's just tough as nails. He's tough as nails."

Celtics coach Doc Rivers was succinct in his description of Rondo's game.

"Spectacular, amazing, great. I could say a lot of things. The most important one would be important. We need him to be that for us to be who we are. He is the one guy who can orchestrate our team."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

All kidding aside, its hard to tell what the real story is. How did Rondo get that reputation Dooling was talking about?

I guess when you hear the rumors about Rondo, then watch his mannerisms on the court, his defiance to refs and his team (after the Perk trade), how he allegedly pushed Ray out the door, how he seemingly dogs it during the season.. the logical conclusion is the rumors appear to be accurate.

Also, what most players say publicly has to be taken with a grain of salt, both ways. Do you really expect DOc to trash Rondo?

Dooling may be correct in his opinions or maybe not. I suppose unless we have first hand experience, we'll never know for sure. All we can go by is the opinions we form ourselves based upon what we observe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This book should be required reading for all Rondo-haters.

Seriously!!!

Pud

P.S. Get a copy to DA....  PRONTO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I hope it convinces some GM to make an offer for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Boston is a tough town.  They tend to hate their players more often than other cities and are more critical.  Sometimes, I enjoy the analytical and knowledge based discussions and other times I have to stay away from all the "haters" on this Board.   Rondo, Jeff Green, KG at times, Ray in many cases, Doc, Perk, etc.   Amazing how often this board trashes the guys who deliver their best and even brought us ECF teams and a championship.    

Stop hating on Rondo and believe the guys closer to him - he's a fiery competitor who wants to WIN!   I like that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

....who really cares about the book?

do you? do you want to buy one and read about Rondo?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

DJ had a horrible "rep" before Red traded Rick Robey (always loved hearing the Cooz say his name) for him.  Bird then said he was the best teammate he ever had.............................

So, ALL those people are lying?

As that great philosopher, Robert Plant, once said................"it makes me wonder."

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope it convinces some GM to make an offer for him.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately GMs have already "read the book" on Rondo... long ago.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rondo is a punk.  worse than rod strickland.  at least strickland had game and didn't mail it in like rondo does.

who cares what dooling has to say.  he stinks.  you can see through rondo's charade with your own eyes so long as they're open

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Gee, it seems that people who actually know RR pretty well seem to have very different views than many of us who haven't had the pleasure of even meeting him. Borne out of jealousy or envy, neuroses or simple immaturity, the level of animus toward Rondo is remarkable (and tiresome).  The "one-note Johnny's" are so easy to ignore.  This board has developed its own clique of little Rush Limbaughs who refuse to accept reality and only repeat their fantasies and can't keep from bashing a person as if he were the devil incarnate.  It isn't necessary to believe RR is the best (but he certainly can shine when something is on the line), but he certainly isn't the worst as some make him out to be. Despite protestations that, "it isn't personal", it is, because if it were not, the bashing would not be incessant.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Again, must be me.............I don't see any charade by Rondo.  He's been very clear he wants 100 mill.  He's been very clear he hates change and would like to stay here..............

The Celtics are saying all the right things, but perhaps it is the FO that is being disingenuous here.

Unless they've already told him he's gone, then he has an expectation they will try to sign him.    Does he already have a destination in mind?  Is it LA?

Again, there would have to be an awful lot of people lying here.................just saying

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....who really cares about the book?

do you? do you want to buy one and read about Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

NOPE...I know all I need to know about him now...

All of my Rondo hating aside...and that's al ot of aside...it's time to let the poor guy go and achieve greatness and maybe a real chance at another ring for some other franchise...it will not happen here if he stays.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rondo is a punk.  worse than rod strickland.  at least strickland had game and didn't mail it in like rondo does.

who cares what dooling has to say.  he stinks.  you can see through rondo's charade with your own eyes so long as they're open

[/QUOTE]

THIS^

The eyes don't lie...last year's Birthday fiasco told me all I ever will need to know...could you imagine Larry Bird skipping out on his team for his own Birthday Party?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boston is a tough town.  They tend to hate their players more often than other cities and are more critical.  Sometimes, I enjoy the analytical and knowledge based discussions and other times I have to stay away from all the "haters" on this Board.   Rondo, Jeff Green, KG at times, Ray in many cases, Doc, Perk, etc.   Amazing how often this board trashes the guys who deliver their best and even brought us ECF teams and a championship.    

Stop hating on Rondo and believe the guys closer to him - he's a fiery competitor who wants to WIN!   I like that!

[/QUOTE]
    LOL...nice one...LMFAO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gee, it seems that people who actually know RR pretty well seem to have very different views than many of us who haven't had the pleasure of even meeting him. Borne out of jealousy or envy, neuroses or simple immaturity, the level of animus toward Rondo is remarkable (and tiresome).  The "one-note Johnny's" are so easy to ignore.  This board has developed its own clique of little Rush Limbaughs who refuse to accept reality and only repeat their fantasies and can't keep from bashing a person as if he were the devil incarnate.  It isn't necessary to believe RR is the best (but he certainly can shine when something is on the line), but he certainly isn't the worst as some make him out to be. Despite protestations that, "it isn't personal", it is, because if it were not, the bashing would not be incessant.  

[/QUOTE]

Who cares...you are allowed to dislike any player you wish....please do not try to quash my enjoyment of disliking the guy as a player..it's my right as a fan...I have no clue what he's like as a human being...none...neither do you...as a player, he's not worth the money he'll be demanding....that's my opinion...AND THAT'S ALL IT IS...YOU DON'T LIKE IT, PUT ME ON IGNORE... 

You see, like all things in life, it's very simple...don't over complicate it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Hey, if you are a rONDO FAN, GREAT, INVITE HIM OVER TO CACK YOUR WIFE IF YOU'D LIKE, HAVE sUNDAY DINNER WITH HIM, NAME YOUR KIDS AFTER HIM, THAT'S your BUSINESS...bUT DON'T GET ALL NUTZOID IF i DON'T CARE FOR HIM AS A PLAYER OR DON'T LIKE THE THINGS HE DOES WHEN HE'S A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, LIKE DITCH THE TEAM ON A LOSING wEST cOAST ROAD TRIP (opps, caps - sorry) to celebrate his birthday...he could have just as easily done that after a game.....

You like him, great...I don like the guy as a player...and will say so when I please...

Get over it!

I don't like Green as a player either...get over it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

What does this movie character and Rajon Rondo have in common?

Anybody?

Pud 

P.S. Its not in Dooling's book so no reason to rush out and buy it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

let's see ... fast times at oak hill academy? one's last name is milk and one likes milk? ... pajama parties at charlize's? ... one gobbles scenes and one gobbles nat'l tv? 

bp

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Following the footsteps of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Doc Rivers, Shaq O'neal, Brian Scalabrine, Nate Robinson, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, among others, Keyon Dooling raved about Rondo in his book, which we smarter Celtic fans know is all lies, bc we know the truth about Rondo, how worthless he is on the court, and how terrible he is off of it. I wish these guys would just tell the truth, nobody likes this guy.

He spoke of the misconceptions of the point guard that are fueled by the media, his pure fire, passion for the game, and determination to win at all costs. LIES. ALL LIES. Embarrassing, really, that these guys wont expose Rondo for the monster that he is.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Mr. Gumshoe, tell us all what you know. All of it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, if you are a rONDO FAN, GREAT, INVITE HIM OVER TO CACK YOUR WIFE IF YOU'D LIKE, HAVE sUNDAY DINNER WITH HIM, NAME YOUR KIDS AFTER HIM, THAT'S your BUSINESS...bUT DON'T GET ALL NUTZOID IF i DON'T CARE FOR HIM AS A PLAYER OR DON'T LIKE THE THINGS HE DOES WHEN HE'S A MEMBER OF THE TEAM, LIKE DITCH THE TEAM ON A LOSING wEST cOAST ROAD TRIP (opps, caps - sorry) to celebrate his birthday...he could have just as easily done that after a game.....

You like him, great...I don like the guy as a player...and will say so when I please...

Get over it!

I don't like Green as a player either...get over it...

[/QUOTE]

And yo mama and daddy should have left you at the picnic in a napkin. Fool!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I bet that punk can kick your arsh on and off the court.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts