KG: A pattern has developed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

KG: A pattern has developed

Here is some key points from KG's last 4 'important' playoff games. I am excluding the 4 games against the WNBA Knicks.

Game 6 Finals against L.A.: 0 offensive rebs, 0 FT attempts
    Game 7 Finals against L.A.: 0 offensive rebs, 1 FT attempt
    Game 1 against Miami: 0 offensive rebs, 0 FT attempts
    Game 2 against Miami: 1 offensive reb, 0 FT attempts

He is a big man that is coming up small when Boston really needs him.

The Counterfeit-Ticket

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Re: KG: A pattern has developed

Give credit to LA and Miami's defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Too be fair Garnett was punked By Gasol,and horrible against the Magic last year. He was horrible against the Knicks too. 

He was only good against Beasly and Jamison 2 undersized guy who don't play defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wade pick a picture with D.'s new jawline.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I will say it and I will keep saying it. KG is MUCH better when he has a big, physical center next to him. Look at all those games and tell me what's missing...Perk and Shaq.

KG should be transitioning to a SF in my opinion. His skills allow for it. He doesn't have the physical presence to play PF anymore. He would be fresher and more effective as a SF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

He had Perkins last year and was still horrible against the Magic and Lakers.  

The problem is he's old and has always been a small forward in a power forwards body.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Nah I don't buy the old thing. He was scoring last night when he wanted too. He is still very effective. He's a verbal leader but he's not a physcial leader. He gets physical when he knows he's got a more physical presence helping him. JON isn't that person. Shaq and Perk pump him up and he pumps them up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You cant get to the foul line shooting jumpers and you cant get offensive rebounds when the coach sais getting back on "D" is more important and that is esp. true when playing fast break kings like the Heat.  I wouldnt look anymore into it than that.  Why would someone foul K.G. shooting a J?  Thats b-ball basics 101...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Simply put...KG doesn't want to go down low and bang. He prefers to stay at the top of the key and toss up jumpers and very rarely do jump shot shooters go to the free throw line...that is unless your last name is either Wade or James.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

In Response to Re: KG: A pattern has developed:
    [QUOTE]I will say it and I will keep saying it. KG is MUCH better when he has a big, physical center next to him. Look at all those games and tell me what's missing...Perk and Shaq. KG should be transitioning to a SF in my opinion. His skills allow for it. He doesn't have the physical presence to play PF anymore. He would be fresher and more effective as a SF.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

That is such a good point.  That's another reason I hated The Trade.  It exposed KG.  I know lots of people around here are determined to defend the trade at all costs but just look at it.  You traded a starter for a bench guy.  You destroyed your identity in the last realistic year you had to win a championship for a loooooong time.  I'm so sick of the "yeah but we woulda lost Perk and got nuthin for him" line.  Who gives a s h i t?  Win it all then rebuild.  We traded our best shot at a title so we could be sorta competitive in the years to come.  Yippee.  Oh yeah I know we were 33-10 with Shaq.  That's the first 40 games of the reugular freaking season against a relatively cream puff schedule.  Shaq was injured at the time of the trade, he's still injured.  You don't make that trade unless you know Shaq is healthy.  Jermaine would've been the perfect P.J. Brown role player.  Now he's the starting center.  God I can't stand Danny Ainge for this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

I was watching ESPN Sports Center and an Analyst said that w/out Shaq or Perk there is missing the middle of that defending factor. JON was meant to be a backup..not a starting center

KG has not been the same without Perkins.

I know most of you are sick of hearing it..but Danny made the wrong move getting rid of Perk.

against the Heat we had Perk & Shaq. Had Perkins played the C's would be tied with the Heat 1-1. 

Perk is no Russell...but there is only one Perk..and he is a very good & strong defender, and he is young (only 26) and we lost him for good.

The Celts chances are very slim and Krstic was never the answer. Perk was the answer with KG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]I was watching ESPN Sports Center and an Analyst said that w/out Shaq or Perk there is missing the middle of that defending factor. JON was meant to be a backup..not a starting center KG has not been the same without Perkins. I know most of you are sick of hearing it..but Danny made the wrong move getting rid of Perk. against the Heat we had Perk & Shaq. Had Perkins played the C's would be tied with the Heat 1-1.  Perk is no Russell...but there is only one Perk..and he is a very good & strong defender, and he is young (only 26) and we lost him for good. The Celts chances are very slim and Krstic was never the answer. Perk was the answer with KG.
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

So when KG is gone in another year, who will Perkins protect? BBD? The trade was necessary to keep the Celtics at least viable for a decent free agent to want to come. To pay a 6 and 6 guy for years to come is a joke. Can you imagine a frontline in a few years of Perkins and BBD.....goodness.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Let's wait. I'm not giving up yet. Why? Because the C's haven't played their game yet. Hats off to the heat. They're beating the C's to the ball every time. But this team is smart and can come back.

Will they? I hope so. Can they. I think so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Simply put...KG doesn't want to go down low and bang. He prefers to stay at the top of the key and toss up jumpers and very rarely do jump shot shooters go to the free throw line...that is unless your last name is either Wade or James.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Even at the end of his career Karl Malone (who must outweigh KG by 30 or more pounds) became a jump shooter because the shooting percentage was probably the same on the block or on the perimeter so why bother with all the contact and the energy it uses up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Does anyone remember Garnett when he was with Minnesota?  He was amazing.

He hasn't just lost a step he has lost three.

Sections
Shortcuts