Kg best center in the league!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Kg best center in the league!!

Kg has reinvented himself, he is playing almost as well as he was in 08. I hope Danny don't insult him with a low ball offer next year. I would give him 10 million a year, for 2 years, if we don't someone else will. Kg is no where near finished, he'll still be playing at 40 if he wants to!!  His # should without a doubt be raised to the rafters after he hangs them up!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Re: Kg best center in the league!!

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!!:
    In Response to Kg best center in the league!! : Maybe his name will now be listed as a PF/C ... $20M for two yrs kills our FA hunt though ... I don't expect him to play for the VM (like some prolific poster here does) but how bout $10M for two years ... Is that doable?
    Posted by Mployee8

How many teams do you think would love to have a Kg playing for them next year? Look at the players making that kind of money and ask yourself is Kg worth it!! I wish he would sign for 5 mil a year, but i don't think there is any way he will, nor should he, Kg knows what he is worth!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Home town discount gives us a shot.... On skill set alone he is a 9-11 per year player. Getting him for two years 16 would be nice

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : It's not about respect via $, it's about Championships. If he wants to win another here and have his jersey retired he should make room for 1-2 free agents with a modest salary. He could play elsewhere for more, but will it get him a championship and the history in retirement that he'll have here?
    Posted by Mployee8

Lakers, OKC, Heat, Pacers, Grizzlies, and Bulls, what would Kg do to their championship hopes?  Kg is a proud man, he's not gonna settle for 4 or 5 mil, so the Celtics can sign a Kaman for double his salary. I hope i'm wrong, but i just can't see it happening!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

In a perfect world Garnett would play for next to nothing hit reality is he has upped his stock dramatically this season. He is no longer just an aging role player going forward. He is a borderline all star. Amazing what he has done

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Next year, he should go back to PF.  He has become rejuvenated these past weeks.  Hope it lasts through the playoffs!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! :  Lakers, OKC, Heat, Pacers, Grizzlies, and Bulls, what would Kg do to their championship hopes?  Kg is a proud man, he's not gonna settle for 4 or 5 mil, so the Celtics can sign a Kaman for double his salary. I hope i'm wrong, but i just can't see it happening!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

Playing out of his FN' mind.

No hometown discount... but each time he lands hard I keep expecting him to come up hobbling.

And that would be curtains!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : Playing out of his FN' mind. No hometown discount... but each time he lands hard I keep expecting him to come up hobbling. And that would be curtains! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Well, he's not going to get 21 mill!!  And he likes it here

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! :  Lakers, OKC, Heat, Pacers, Grizzlies, and Bulls, what would Kg do to their championship hopes?  Kg is a proud man, he's not gonna settle for 4 or 5 mil, so the Celtics can sign a Kaman for double his salary. I hope i'm wrong, but i just can't see it happening!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

I think, if he can go back to PF, he would "allow" Kaman to make more money!!  Rondo, pick, PP, KG, Kaman......with Bradley, Pietrus, Green, Bass and draft pick.  I'm still hoping for Fab Melo and Doron Lamb.............but I can wait!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : I think, if he can go back to PF, he would "allow" Kaman to make more money!!  Rondo, pick, PP, KG, Kaman......with Bradley, Pietrus, Green, Bass and draft pick.  I'm still hoping for Fab Melo and Doron Lamb.............but I can wait!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

We could turn out to be very good next year. We may be able to get Melo with our 2nd round pick, which would be a great pick, i would like to somehow get Jones from Baylor, this guy has superstar talent and Kg may help get it out of him. Another reason to pay Kg!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I've said 2/12 for awhile now, just keep him out of another contenders MLE range. He'll leave money on the table for sure but won't play for some middle of the pack club for 10 million, he's made an insane amount over the years and is a Celtic now

We can still make a FA splash if we're paying KG/Ray a combined 8-9 million and waiting till we spend to the cap before giving the MLE to Jeff Green once he's been cleared

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : I don't see the C's signing any center to twice his salary this season ... maybe the following season when DH is a FA again or someone else if PP's contract is not automatically renewed. But what does winning one in Miami, LA or Chicago do for him historically speaking when he could be in the record books here with another championship or two let alone Memphis, Indy or Oaklahoma?
    Posted by Mployee8

I'm just saying those teams will be interested in getting him, so he could have his choice of contenders to play for. Danny can't afford to let another team get KG, because we couldn't sign anyone to over come his lose!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by KyCelt2

Of those teams only Indiana is under the cap, do you really see KG a Pacer for 10-12 million over being a Celtic for 4-6?

Miami  and Chicago can offer only the 3 million mini-MLE for being over the lux cap next year... so KG would remain a Celtic or go West over playing for our biggest rivals of the last few years for 3 mil

And why go to LA for 5 million? There is no love lost there.

Memphis and OKC can over the full MLE 5 million per (and 3 year max), Perk is in OKC and they can use him in the frontcourt (unlike Memphis with all those mins for Gasol/Randolph) and it all but assures him another title or two if eh goes there.

That is really the only logical destination other than here

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : Of those teams only Indiana is under the cap, do you really see KG a Pacer for 10-12 million over being a Celtic for 4-6? Miami  and Chicago can offer only the 3 million mini-MLE for being over the lux cap next year... so KG would remain a Celtic or go West over playing for our biggest rivals of the last few years for 3 mil And why go to LA for 5 million? There is no love lost there. Memphis and OKC can over the full MLE 5 million per (and 3 year max), Perk is in OKC and they can use him in the frontcourt (unlike Memphis with all those mins for Gasol/Randolph) and it all but assures him another title or two if eh goes there. That is really the only logical destination other than here
    Posted by rameakap

If 4 to 6 million is all Danny offers KG, there is a real good chance he won't be playing in Boston next year! But i could be wrong!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : I wouldn't sign Jeff Green. He isn't that good.
    Posted by Kirk6

I want Green back. He'll be a lot better running with Rondo and Bradley!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : Of those teams only Indiana is under the cap, do you really see KG a Pacer for 10-12 million over being a Celtic for 4-6? Miami  and Chicago can offer only the 3 million mini-MLE for being over the lux cap next year... so KG would remain a Celtic or go West over playing for our biggest rivals of the last few years for 3 mil And why go to LA for 5 million? There is no love lost there. Memphis and OKC can over the full MLE 5 million per (and 3 year max), Perk is in OKC and they can use him in the frontcourt (unlike Memphis with all those mins for Gasol/Randolph) and it all but assures him another title or two if eh goes there. That is really the only logical destination other than here
    Posted by rameakap

Well, Screamin' A Smith yells at least once a week that KG "lives in Malibu, is friends with kobe, and would make a great bench player.  With Gasol, KG and Bynum, they could play zone."  I don't see it happening, and he says he would play for the vet min!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Kg is the living ,breathing heart of thgis team .Pay the man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : I wouldn't sign Jeff Green. He isn't that good.
    Posted by Kirk6

This instantly requires a list of the superior players you'd think we'd be able to spend our 5 million MLE on, and don't say Pietrus:-)

Remember the condition of signing Green is both that he is 100% cleared to play physically, and that his previous heart condition was a factor that held back a clearly talented combo-forward, who was a 15-7 player for a few seasons in his early 20's, from being a very good starter if he had a better motor

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

give KG what ray allen got...2 years 20mil...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : Well, Screamin' A Smith yells at least once a week that KG "lives in Malibu, is friends with kobe, and would make a great bench player.  With Gasol, KG and Bynum, they could play zone."  I don't see it happening, and he says he would play for the vet min!!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Please bro, this clown also claimed that Kobe would ask to be TRADED! before the season started!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

didn't KG say boston is his last stop awhile ago...i don't see him playing for another team.

Sections
Shortcuts