Kg best center in the league!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Re: Kg best center in the league!!

In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!!:
    [QUOTE]give KG what ray allen got...2 years 20mil...
    Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE]

That's what i'm talking about, you can't give Pierce 14 million and Ray 10 million, and then think KG is going to accept 4 or 5 million!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : I'd like to see us trade our two #1's for a lottery pick and both #2's for a late 1st or early 2nd. Leonard or Moultrie with the #1 and Buford or Young with the #2.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! :  That's what i'm talking about, you can't give Pierce 14 million and Ray 10 million, and then think KG is going to accept 4 or 5 million!!
    Posted by KyCelt2[/QUOTE]

Not on your life.  KG is worth more that Ray hands down. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]give KG what ray allen got...2 years 20mil...
    Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE]

I think that most people are assuming a man who hsd made $291,362,398, in just NBA salary (not endorsements) will see the logic in playing for 4-6 million in order for us to add a 9-12 million FA, over forcing us to give him 8-12, and then bringing in a much worse FA and hampering our chances to win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : No but you could give both KG & Ray $5M per for 1 guaranteed and 1 team option and then waive PP on 6/30/13 and resign him for a similar deal, right?

if you amnesty Pierce he is not allowed to come back here

Waitwaive him? in 2013 with 1 year left? His final years still counts on our cap?

whaaaa

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : I'd like to see us trade our two #1's for a lottery pick and both #2's for a late 1st or early 2nd. Leonard or Moultrie with the #1 and Buford or Young with the #2.

I agree with moving up, i'm not really set on who i would take at this time though!!  I will be making my predictions of who we pick, a little later, sometime after april 29th, i think the players have to declare by then!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am right there with ya on Mayo/Humphries

I am still waiting for an answer on if we spend up to the cap don't we get the full MLE to use? The mid-MLE is only for teams over the lux tax (like we were this year) and the MLE is only denied teams with cap space

Bass can pick up his player option, then be extended, but will cut 4 million into the cap, if he turns down the option we need cap space or the MLE to keep him

Pietrus is the same, we can give him a small raise on the veteran min we signed him for, like 20% over the 1.2m, but he's prob earled more, someone has a 3m mini-MLE for him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]I am right there with ya on Mayo/Humphries I am still waiting for an answer on if we spend up to the cap don't we get the full MLE to use? The mid-MLE is only for teams over the lux tax (like we were this year) and the MLE is only denied teams with cap space Bass can pick up his player option, then be extended, but will cut 4 million into the cap, if he turns down the option we need cap space or the MLE to keep him Pietrus is the same, we can give him a small raise on the veteran min we signed him for, like 20% over the 1.2m, but he's prob earled more, someone has a 3m mini-MLE for him
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Ahhh no!   All your numbers are in dreamland. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : Who's talking amnesty? He has a clause allowing the C's to waive him by 6/30/13 to avoid the final year of his contract. Once waived, under that clause, he'd be a FA just as Ray & KG would if renounced, and the C's could resign him for a similar deal to Ray & KG ($5M/Yr - 1 guaranteed & 1 option). MEMO: Paul Pierce’s 2013-14 salary ($15M) is guaranteed for only $4 million. If he plays 50% of Boston’s games the previous three seasons, that increases to $5 million.   Fully guaranteed if not waived by 6/30/13.

I think its a player option anyhow

Not sure he can be waived and then

A. come back here
    B. not have at least the 5 million he'll have earned through playing time count on our cap....

But thanks for bringing this to my attention, I always assume dit was just a player option and if we waived him the money counted on the cap in full

Would Pierce actually agree to restructure and give up half that 15 million? Either way it has nothing to do with nexts years fully-guaranteed 16.8 million deal... so it can't help us AT ALL for 14 months.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : Ahhh no!   All your numbers are in dreamland. 
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

heh? never even posted any predicted contract #'s

Just FACTS involving current salaries vs. the future salary cap rules

WOW you are full of blind idiocy tonight, can you follow one convo without being humiliated?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : heh? never even posted any predicted contract #'s Just FACTS involving current salaries vs. the future salary cap rules WOW you are full of blind idiocy tonight, can you follow one convo without being humiliated?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious!  I'll post more bs that you have spewed on here about contracts and what the C's are going to offer than Carter has Liver Pills!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : 1) No ... once under the cap the $2.5M exception applies to teams not eligible for the full MLE (taxpaying teams as the C's will be with their 2011-12 season salary total well over the L-Tax limit). 2) Danny will hold Bass off till we are over the cap and let him opt out and resign for $5M to reward him and utilize his Bird Rts to save FA space. 3) Pietrus was getting close to $5M with Phoenix if I'm not mistaken. He's worth more than the VM but that depends upon his injury I suppose. I'd resign him once over the cap with Bird Rts or trade him in a S&T. 4) Green is in the same boat as Pietrus. We still have Bird Rts so we can resign him last and pay him more than others unless someone goes after him early and forses Danny's hand in which case he may have to let him go.

I'd really like to see a link on how the new MLE's works

I think that Bass will have a deadline to opt in/out BEFORE free agency begins, and once he opts out we have to renounce his 4 million if we want that in cap space, otherwise the 4 million remains unusable until we determine he will not be returning with a raise, re-sign him or he signs elsewhere.

I don't know if we have the Bird right of a bought-out waived player like Pietrus, I do know he mad only 1.2 million and we can only give him a raise of 20% even with Bird rights... so clearly someone else can outbid us

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : It's not listed as a player option ... The last year kicks in automatically unless he's terminated by 6/30/13. So his contract is waived and he is renounced giving him free agency. We are then free to resign him with a cap hold at $5M and he is free to accept or sign elsewhere. He'd get $5M in the contract waiver and reup for another $5M therefore getting $10M for the 2013-14 season rather than $15M.

That makes a lot of sense if we are again facing a summer with cap space and 5 million going a long way to adding a premier FA over a mediocre one

But it does nothing for this summer, when someone foolishly made Pierce's salary for '12 the highest of any year in his 4 year extension, why couldn't this year be 16.8 and next year be 14-15 million... oh well, hope you like that luxury savings Wyc over more cap space

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kg best center in the league!! : http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7303114/everything-ever-want-know-new-nba-labor-deal Other Exceptions There are three other exceptions that are worth noting: The mid-level exception (MLE) is available to all teams over the cap every year. The dollar value and length of the MLE have been reduced from previous years. But the major change revolves around the MLE a tax payer can use versus a non-tax payer, and the implications that might have (dollars in millions): Non-Tax Payer MLE Tax Payer MLE Year 1 $5 $3 Year 2 $5 $3.09 Year 3 $5.15 $3.18 Year 4 $5.30 X Total $20.45 $9.27 So, now a player will have to make a significant sacrifice to sign with a tax-paying team. The bi-annual exception (BAE) was previously available to all teams over the cap every other year. This is now restricted to only non-tax paying teams. The maximum contract length is two years, with a starting salary of $1.9 million (in Year 1). A new exception has been created for teams that have room under the cap (and are therefore not eligible to use the MLE or BAE). This exception allows teams to use their cap room, and then use the additional $2.5 million to sign a player or players. Re Pietrus ... If you check salaries for Phoenix @ HoopsHype you'll see that they are charged with $3M in salary and the C's with $1.2M ... I think $4.2 is either the entire contract or the prorata portion for the shortened season. Either way he won't be back for VM.

Pietrus was set to make 5.3 million, he wasn't amnesty'd but bought out, so if Phoenix is being charged 3 million on the cap this year that means he left 2.3 million on the table to flee to us for the veteran min of 1.2, which is all we could offer.

Thanks for the MLE contract stuff, still not sure if we are given the MLE as soon as we go over the cap. We can use all our cap space on free agents and then as soon as we sign our draft picks we'll be over the cap. Doesn't that make us eligible for the MLE?

If Green takes the 2.5 exception it is a moot point, but perhaps some team will give him the full 5m for a year... he did just lose a lot of money

Yeah when I player

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Since he has been are Center KG is; The 5th best rebounder,2nd best in scoring,5th best FG%, 1st in asst. and we have the 3rd best record in the NBA (despite playing more road games than home games, compared to the rest of the Centers in the league. I'd say he has a logical argument for MVP ain't getting it, KD or Rose will be the only considered canidates.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

In response to "Re: Kg best center in the league!!": [QUOTE]Check this out re Player Option: http://static.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stein_marc/1577692.html /> Carter was required to notify the Heat by June 30 that he intended to invoke the player option on the final season of his original three-year, $12 million contract. When the Heat received no such notification, the NBA officially listed Carter as a free agent Tuesday -- the first day teams were permitted to negotiate with free agents. If Miami renounces its rights to Carter, it could have closer to $11 million in available salary cap room than the $7 million previously estimated <   So if Bass missed his PO deadline he'd be a FA and we could still resign him once over the cap to the same or more with Bird Rts. I don't see why he'd exercise his option after such a good year. I can see Danny telling his agent to let the option expire and resign once over the cap with Bird Rts for $5M unless he'd rather play elsewhere or gets more than MLE $ from someone. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Carter's agent never sent the paperwork haha. Screwing up Heats plans for the offseason.awesome stuff

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Kg best center in the league!!:
    [QUOTE] Kg has reinvented himself, he is playing almost as well as he was in 08. I hope Danny don't insult him with a low ball offer next year. I would give him 10 million a year, for 2 years, if we don't someone else will. Kg is no where near finished, he'll still be playing at 40 if he wants to!!  His # should without a doubt be raised to the rafters after he hangs them up!!
    Posted by KyCelt2[/QUOTE]

You must have forgotten about Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum? Just sayin'

Go CELTICS!!

Sections
Shortcuts