KG finds his time machine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

KG finds his time machine

In 2004 KG dominated the league with defense, offense, rebounding, and assists, the year that he won the league MVP. He averaged 24.2 points, 13.9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2.2 blocks. In addition to the MVP, he was also first team all-NBA, and first team defensive all-NBA.

The KG that the Celtics needed in 2008 was the leader that changed the Celtic culture at the time, with world class defense, and selfless, team first offense. All of the other stars fell in line to play team ball and win a championship.

Fast forward to the Heat series in 2011. The team looked like it has aged, the chemistry on offense was falling apart, and defense was a low priority for some of the Celtics. KG, with all of his pride and determination, somehow finds a time machine and brings back the KG from 2004. As Bob Ryan said, he benched the team first KG, and brought back the League MVP KG.

We may need the time machine again KG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Re: KG finds his time machine

I think a word in Wades ear before the next game may be enough to get Wade thinking about going to the basket. KG, JO, and Shaq will certainly offer Wade hard fouls. 

The hardest foul could come from someone like Krstic, or Murphy, or someone else that could be a Celtic hero, miss a game due to suspension, and not hurt the Celtics moving forward.

The good news is that this inspiration will inspire KG like nothing else could.
    The time machine is back. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

You may be right, we will have to wait and see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

KG may not be as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he ever was!!!  Give'em he!! KG!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to KG finds his time machine:
    In 2004 KG dominated the league with defense, offense, rebounding, and assists, the year that he won the league MVP. He averaged 24.2 points, 13.9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2.2 blocks. In addition to the MVP, he was also first team all-NBA, and first team defensive all-NBA. The KG that the Celtics needed in 2008 was the leader that changed the Celtic culture at the time, with world class defense, and selfless, team first offense. All of the other stars fell in line to play team ball and win a championship. Fast forward to the Heat series in 2011. The team looked like it has aged, the chemistry on offense was falling apart, and defense was a low priority for some of the Celtics. KG, with all of his pride and determination, somehow finds a time machine and brings back the KG from 2004. As Bob Ryan said, he benched the team first KG, and brought back the League MVP KG. We may need the time machine again KG.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

The way he played definitely was a big factor in their win on Saturday.  Hopefully, he can play like this for the remainder of the playoffs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I will never underestimate the man, when KG is in the game, anything is possible.

If he can bring the 2004 attitude to the Celtics, and they accept that KG, then the heat are history. In his heyday, Lebron was promising prospect that got crushed by KG. I don't now if KG can still bring it every game, but I will never bet against him.

As the Heat coach said, KG reminded him of Kareem Abdul Jabar. He finds a way to win. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Susan,

I am starting to believe that KG is a superhero, that only shows his super powers when they are absolutely needed. The krytonite that held him at bay the last couple of years is gone. 

No doubt, we will need the superhero again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I dont know if KG has a Delorian but it is possible

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

So will KG give Wade a hard foul? The answer is yes, but not hard enough to get tossed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

If KG plays like he did on Saturday, the Celtics have a good chance of winning tonight.  That was one of his best games in the playoffs the past few seasons.
    More importantly, is if Rondo is healthy enough to play tonight.  Without him, it will be difficult for the Celtics to win. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Susan, you may be right, however, West played well in his absence. We need one of them to show up and play well. Certainly Rondo would be the first choice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

let's hope that timemachine is still on.
    if KG plays like that, the whole team gets on fire. he is the heart of the team, the motivator on both ends of the floor.

let's go Celtics!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

My guess is that he will use the Rondo injury as fuel for the time machine. The series is just getting interesting.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Garnett is done. 1 for 10 with 7 points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The Delorian must have brought back the KG of last year's finals. LOL

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Lets hope, 2004 again, but 2008 would be alright as well.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I agree.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He will get it then(20 and 10).  Stop with all negativity. KG is tired and was hurt in the last game.  He collided with I forget who and was grimacing intermittently throughout the game. Nobody and I mean nobody was around the basket to help him rebound had him underperforming.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thnx4DMemories. Show Thnx4DMemories's posts

I agree, KG needs to will his team to a win. And of course, the others on our team will follow.  But hold on...Pierce is a few years younger than him and USED to ATTACK the basket.  Now he's more of a jump shooter.  Attack attack attack you lazy-eyed Captain!  When Pierce goes strong to the rim and hits free throws, then it increases our team's chances of winning.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts