KG for personal reasons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG for personal reasons

It used to be a player would not leave his team unless there was a death of an immediate family member. I think to have left his team at this time the reason he had to leave for two games should have been given. This team is flatlining and KG is its leader.  Even at the risk of seeming cold hearted why would a understandable reason of some kind not have been given.

Today guys leave for personal reasons all the time but I think reasons for mega stars leaving at crucial times need to clearer. If there was a death of someone why is it privleged information? Our sympathy goes out to him in that case, if not why couldn't he find a way to be with his team.  He will return in his last season to this team in a state of disarray.

Maybe KG is going to get moved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: KG for personal reasons

I do find it odd that a reason wasn
    t given.  Even Amari said he would miss games due to a death of his brother.  I don't think it's the birth of a child.  Who knows...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons:
    [QUOTE]I do find it odd that a reason wasn t given.  Even Amari said he would miss games due to a death of his brother.  I don't think it's the birth of a child.  Who knows...
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I know it is crazy to speculate but what about the idea Garnett is being traded.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Considering how much disarray there is on the team... one has to wonder if the meaning of "personal" is being stretched beyond usual limits... for reasons of convenience.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Players are human, too.  They deserve some family privacy.  Its KG's and the team's decision if they want to disclose.  If its deeply personal, its his business (and we all know KG is very protective of his family - you RARELY hear anything about them).   

I admire him keeping it private.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not make a big deal about this because maybe KG's absence is due to the death of his dog. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Which would speak volumes about the state of this team.  I was speculating a little broadly but what is this guy taking two key games off right before the All Star game for.  I'm amazed nobody else is asking this question.

The team is collapsing and he is the leader.  It is a big deal if you consider the trajectory this team is on.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Considering how much disarray there is on the team... one has to wonder if the meaning of "personal" is being stretched beyond usual limits... for reasons of convenience. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    As usual you are right on target. The two games before the All Star break comes and he can't play for personal reasons. Something is not right.  In what universe is a 21 million dollar man able to leave unless there is a tragic death in his immediate family.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

hopefully he is getting traded and is the first one to go. nothing against garnett but he can't help this team. he's too old and could help a playoff team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

Who wants him? 36 years old 20m guy. This team is hopeless anyways. The difference is the ticket selling if young players join the team. Right now who wants to be in the garden? This team is painful to watch. Trade or not, 7th or 8th seed at best. First round exit! Maybe a sweep.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]Players are human, too.  They deserve some family privacy.  Its KG's and the team's decision if they want to disclose.  If its deeply personal, its his business (and we all know KG is very protective of his family - you RARELY hear anything about them).    I admire him keeping it private.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

+1
    Some people can't distinguish real life from a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]The two games before the All Star break comes and he can't play for personal reasons. Something is not right.  In what universe is a 21 million dollar man able to leave unless there is a tragic death in his immediate family.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but in this case I agree: something's not right. It would be like DA to tell KG he is on the block and that he should sit out until the deal is done. This lets KG rest his hip and keeps the thing from leaking out.

Wow...I just gave myself goosebumps.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Players are human, too.  They deserve some family privacy.  Its KG's and the team's decision if they want to disclose.  If its deeply personal, its his business (and we all know KG is very protective of his family - you RARELY hear anything about them).    I admire him keeping it private.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You've got it right.

KG has never begged out over something trivial.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You've got Rondo sitting out and half the team injured.  I did hear Ian Thomsen with Michael Felger Sunday night saying the Celtics are most likely to trade with Sac, Portland, and Utah. Garnett according to Doc is coming back for OKC tomorrow so this whole thing could be blown up, but for him to be out now is very odd for such a leader.  

I will miss KG.  When he came here everything changed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan, you are on point in your assessment.  However, when I first heard of this I had to question it.  Normally, when a player is not injured, the reason for his being out is disclosed.  But KG is different in that he's always been a bit on the private side with his "off court" life.

I hope he's addressing the issue but I really wonder.  Today, it's very hard keeping something private.  If wife is ill, it usually is found out.  If KG is injured, it's usually found out.  If the kid is hospitalized, it's usually found out.  There just isn't much going on with these guys that "someone" doesn't find out about and make public.

It would be quite a surprise if KG is about to be traded though.  However, I expect he'd be on the court tomorrow against OKC to squash all the questions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I too would be surprised if KG is dealt, but I never thought they'd deal Perk the way they did either. Again, I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but it was one year ago this week when DA dealt Perk.

It will kill me the day KG stops playing for the Celtics. That's my guy right there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Who would want KG huge expiring contract?  A team trying to clear cap space for next year free-agency, or a playoff team that has too many young players.

I am thinking Dallas trying to dump the Matrix and Haywood's contract to get cap space for Howard.  Matrix, Haywood, Beaubois + picks and other players for KG and Jermaine ONeal for example.   

Portland would love to have KG...Battum is the only young interesting player there.  

Utah has Favors, Kanter, Devin Harris.  A trade could be is the work if Danny likes those young big, unless he asks for the older starters like Big Al. 

Sacramento has two young and exciting players, but they could trade them for the right price.  Cousins is the typical gamble Danny likes.  If Sac likes Rondo, itthat is one way to get a promising low-post scorer.

It is usually the calm before the storm with Danny.  It is too quiet right now.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There are so many different threads dealing with the same topic...trades...so I've copied and pasted this which I posted separately under " ODOM HAS YET TO LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS BY THE MAVS".

Is there any chance we can pick him up cheap ? And would we want him ? Opinions Please ???

I live in SF Bay area(45 years) and raised in Maine(21 years) and roots run deep so a Boston team fan first but local fan team too. I was dealt a double devastating blow when NFL Giants beat 49ers and then I wanted Patriots to avenge their loss to Giants in SB a few year back and also the Giants beating SF. Ooops, sorry this has nothing to do with BB.

I go to GS Warrior games frequently. There is a chant “Beat LA, Beat LA” in the stands as the locals hate the Lakers as much as we do. In sports bars when Boston plays LA, 75% of fans root for Boston. Was at the game last night but against the Clippers which GS won.  Monta Ellis is awesome as he out shined Chris Paul scoring 32 to 24 points. I would trade Monta, tattoos and all,  even up for Rondo any day. But what really impressed me was a 6’9” forward/center, David Lee, who scored 24 and got 13 rebounds. He’s averaging 20 pts per game.

I am a septuagenarian so I go back to Cousy days so definitely remember the 70s when we won NBA title in 1974 & 1976 with a guy who was also a 6’9” forward/center, Dave Cowens.  David Lee made me nostalgic as he hustled and was a fiesty scrapper reminding me of Cowens. I know he’s not the 6’11’/7’ footer we hope to get but I’d still like him on the Celtics. By the way, good to see our old friend, 5’9”, Nate Williams coming off the bench  and averaging 10 pts in very few minutes per game.

Also, I was very impressed with the Clippers’ other guard, Mo Williams, who is averaging 14 pts per game and got 22 last night. I wouldn’t take him on a wash trade for Rondo but maybe they’d like Ray Allen

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to KG for personal reasons:
    [QUOTE]It used to be a player would not leave his team unless there was a death of an immediate family member. I think to have left his team at this time the reason he had to leave for two games should have been given. This team is flatlining and KG is its leader.  Even at the risk of seeming cold hearted why would a understandable reason of some kind not have been given. Today guys leave for personal reasons all the time but I think reasons for mega stars leaving at crucial times need to clearer. If there was a death of someone why is it privleged information? Our sympathy goes out to him in that case, if not why couldn't he find a way to be with his team.  He will return in his last season to this team in a state of disarray. Maybe KG is going to get moved.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The immature egomaniacal narcisisst has been trade but needed a few days with his family to make plans........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons : +1 Some people can't distinguish real life from a game.
    Posted by Fields4[/QUOTE]

They can`t even distinguish their message board fantasy lives from ACTUAL  games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

KG should hang his boots up, he's washed up and the rest of the NBA knows it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]KG should hang his boots up, he's washed up and the rest of the NBA knows it.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

He can out this year with Derek Fisher!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KG for personal reasons : The immature egomaniacal narcisisst has been trade but needed a few days with his family to make plans........
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    With no explanation and a key player opting out of two key games before the All Star break it is all conjecture.  If you are interested enough to comment what do you think?  

Sections
Shortcuts