KG for personal reasons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: KG for personal reasons

In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons : With no explanation and a key player opting out of two key games before the All Star break it is all conjecture.  If you are interested enough to comment what do you think?  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't have any specific ideas.... Danny made a couple of once in a career deals by assembling the BIG 3.

I tend to be objective and analytical so one has to ask which team has a good young player, a couple expiring contracts, and has deluded themselves into thinking they are going to win the title without the good young player they are willing to trade and by adding the chestpumping injured KG, they get a ring?  The answer?  There are none of those teams.... so if KG has been traded it, it is for a young headcase that a team has given up on and a huge expiring contract, the other team then let's KG's contract expire and is able to start rebuilding and sticks Danny with another headcase to pair with Rondo....  two head(cases) are better than one.... lmfao

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1celticsfan. Show no1celticsfan's posts

The Celtics have always been very secretive regarding KG.  That is probably what he has requested from them.  Obviously, it's really none of the ordinary person on the street's business what is going on in KG's personal life.  On the other hand, I really don't see the big reason for all the secrecy all the time either.  Especially considering the team is in a tailspin, there are a rash of injuries, and this was/is a critical roadtrip that might go a long way to determine the fate of this season for the Celtics.  And from out of nowhere, they just sort of offhandedly announce that Kevin Garnett is going to miss the next two games for person reasons.  Makes no sense to me at all.  Doc Rivers just seems so nonchalant about it, likes its no big deal at all.  Even though his backup, and now his backup's backup is injured too.  I for one think KG's knee injury back in 2009 was much more serious than anyone ever let on, and I think the surgery he had was much more "serious" than just scraping away a spur in his knee or whatever they claimed it was.  It would be interesting to see if the team had been on an 11 or 12 game winning streak and was really rolling, if all of a sudden he would have just missed two games for "personal reasons" from out of nowhere.  Or it would be even more interesting to know if this "personal matter" would have kept him from playing in the games if this were the Eastern Conference Finals or the NBA Finals.  Obviously there are lots of things in people's lives more important than basketball games, but I'm just saying.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

The knee injury to KG in '09 is a ruse. The guy has no heart! It's reflected in his play and all his posturing on the court is merely a side-show. He's had it and Boston fans have to face the fact that KG is in the same boat as JO....useless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]The knee injury to KG in '09 is a ruse. The guy has no heart! It's reflected in his play and all his posturing on the court is merely a side-show. He's had it and Boston fans have to face the fact that KG is in the same boat as JO....useless.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

KG age 35   14.1 PPG  7.8   RPG  bringing his career numbers DOWN to 19.4 and 10.7

Pau Gasol age 31   16.6 PPG  10.7  RPG  bringing his career averages to 18.7 and 9.2

Oh, yeah, he's all washed up!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons : I don't have any specific ideas.... Danny made a couple of once in a career deals by assembling the BIG 3. I tend to be objective and analytical so one has to ask which team has a good young player, a couple expiring contracts, and has deluded themselves into thinking they are going to win the title without the good young player they are willing to trade and by adding the chestpumping injured KG, they get a ring?  The answer?  There are none of those teams.... so if KG has been traded it, it is for a young headcase that a team has given up on and a huge expiring contract, the other team then let's KG's contract expire and is able to start rebuilding and sticks Danny with another headcase to pair with Rondo....  two head(cases) are better than one.... lmfao
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    I don't have any idea if KG is being moved but your thoughts seem certainly in the realm of possibility.  Only a wild headcase would be on the block for KG's tired but experienced hand on the court.  KG if there is something going on could be just part of the deal.  Who knows though? If the Celtics let him off at this time for personal reasons and nothing else it speaks to their not really caring about the season.  Maybe to them it is already lost. Which makes sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons : I don't have any idea if KG is being moved but your thoughts seem certainly in the realm of possibility.  Only a wild headcase would be on the block for KG's tired but experienced hand on the court.  KG if there is something going on could be just part of the deal.  Who knows though? If the Celtics let him off at this time for personal reasons and nothing else it speaks to their not really caring about the season.  Maybe to them it is already lost. Which makes sense.

I remember when Shaq was diagnosed with some sort of injury and was going to be out for something like 20 games, Pat Riley decided it was time to have hip surgery or something like that - well he of course did not want those 20 losses to count against his record.....   anyway, whatever it is with KG I hope his family is ok, etc.  It is apparent to me that KG is close to the end anyway, I honestly think it doesn't matter whether he plays or not.  He is no longer the better player in his match up most nights.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KG for personal reasons : The immature egomaniacal narcisisst has been trade but needed a few days with his family to make plans........
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to wonder has Ainge went to KG and said, "we have a deal on the table, take time to think about it and come back after the AS break and let me know."

I think we're about a week after the AS break away from just blowing this thing up. I just can't believe that we are in the 8th spot and Orlando is in the 3rd spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Had Boston been in the west, the celts would be 12-14th.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

In response to "Re: KG for personal reasons": [QUOTE]Had Boston been in the west, the celts would be 12-14th. Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE] Yeah, and if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons : Which would speak volumes about the state of this team.  I was speculating a little broadly but what is this guy taking two key games off right before the All Star game for.  I'm amazed nobody else is asking this question. The team is collapsing and he is the leader.  It is a big deal if you consider the trajectory this team is on.

KG is back tonight.   Are all of you conspiracy theorists satisfied?  Poor guy has a family issue and everyone wonders why he isn't here for his team.  Its a game folks.....and NOT as important as his family.  My job certainly isn't NEARLY as important as my family.   How about you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG for personal reasons : KG is back tonight.   Are all of you conspiracy theorists satisfied?  Poor guy has a family issue and everyone wonders why he isn't here for his team.  Its a game folks.....and NOT as important as his family.  My job certainly isn't NEARLY as important as my family.   How about you?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

agreed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

KG- family issue is a ruse. He's done and he knows it.

Retire now!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]KG- family issue is a ruse. He's done and he knows it. Retire now!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Didn't someone ask you to sit on your hat and spin around a few times?